Share Your 53 Man Roster Predictions

Cadmus

4 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Spot on SSG.  Don't think Rollins is going to make the cut.  Too many guys with more talent and athleticism already on the roster.  Let him compete in training camp but it's likely the Packers cut bait.  Think Goodson is likely gone as well.

That's a foregone conclusion. How he's been on the team the last two years is a mystery to me. He was an older player when we drafted him with a flyer pick and he showed very quickly that his ball skills are horrible. To be fair, he was supposed to develop into a back-up CB at best and be a ST's player, but after the last three drafts, he's become quite expendable.

44 minutes ago, Joe said:

That's a foregone conclusion. How he's been on the team the last two years is a mystery to me. He was an older player when we drafted him with a flyer pick and he showed very quickly that his ball skills are horrible. To be fair, he was supposed to develop into a back-up CB at best and be a ST's player, but after the last three drafts, he's become quite expendable.

My guess is he practices really well and has ST value but for whatever reason hasn't been able to put it together on the field. Remember, he was the first guy Rodgers highlighted as looking good in camp this year. I agree with you that he probably doesn't make the team, but there's a reason they like him that we as fans haven't gotten to see.

On 6/15/2018 at 8:53 AM, Cadmus said:

DL: Mike Daniels, Muhammad Wilkerson, Kenny Clark, Montravius Adams, Dean Lowry [5/29]

Daniels, Wilkerson, Clark, and Adams are all roster locks. Lowry is on a rookie contract and has been relatively useful when provided with opportunities, should be considered a near-lock. Lancaster could force his way onto the roster, but that's about all there is to say about the DL position. 

I listened to the presser with DL coach Montgomery and he talked a bit about Pettine's philosophy of trying to keep the DL fresh all game and all season long. He said to expect a lot of rotation among the Bigs and that even if Daniels plays fewer snaps, they will be better and more impactful snaps because he is fresher.

Adding Big Mo is a part of that and we might see another guy like Lancaster make the 53 so they have another Big who can eat snaps if needed. If Pettine is highlighting the interior rush, he needs to make sure he has enough bodies to do it.

Clark and Daniels both played 630+ snaps in 2017

2 hours ago, Lodestar said:

My guess is he practices really well and has ST value but for whatever reason hasn't been able to put it together on the field. Remember, he was the first guy Rodgers highlighted as looking good in camp this year. I agree with you that he probably doesn't make the team, but there's a reason they like him that we as fans haven't gotten to see.

Rodgers also liked Mitchell Henry. How'd that work out? Sometimes compliments work as smokescreens.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Huh? He was a SECOND ROUND PICK! Sorry, you do not pick guys in the second round hoping they develop into a back-up with ST ability! He was a bust and it's OK to admit that about this second round pick. It happens, but let's be honest about it. 

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Huh? He was a SECOND ROUND PICK! Sorry, you do not pick guys in the second round hoping they develop into a back-up with ST ability! He was a bust and it's OK to admit that about this second round pick. It happens, but let's be honest about it. 

Goodson?  He was a 5th or 6th Rd. Pick

55 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:
1 hour ago, Joe said:

Rodgers also liked Mitchell Henry. How'd that work out?

Unfortunately Mitchell Henry got real sick and died of leukemia at the age of 24.

Damn that's so sad, this news slipped past me

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Goodson was the 197th overall selection. The fact that he is still around is quite impressive...

I am guessing you have him confused with Rollins. Both basketball converts so I can understand it. 

8 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Goodson was the 197th overall selection. The fact that he is still around is quite impressive...

I am guessing you have him confused with Rollins. Both basketball converts so I can understand it. 

You are correct! I read the first part and ignored the bold part which, clearly pointed to his comment being about Goodson. My apologies to Joe! 

2 hours ago, Joe said:

That tragedy occurred well after we released him.

That's incorrect 

“You could see the impact when we got the news the other day,” McCarthy said. “I think it knocked all of us over. And, frankly, it explained some things, too. Because Mitchell just wasn’t quite right in training camp.”

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/12/05/mitchell-henry-receiving-leukemia-treatment/95004010/

Thanks Cadmus for an excellent post. It all looks very plausible. I hadn't realized that they had brought in another long-snapper and that Bradley is having some problems. It makes that draft pick look even more odd. Strange how they are having so many problems at that position after it was so solid for the past two or three decades. 

13 hours ago, Greg C. said:

Thanks Cadmus for an excellent post. It all looks very plausible. I hadn't realized that they had brought in another long-snapper and that Bradley is having some problems. It makes that draft pick look even more odd. Strange how they are having so many problems at that position after it was so solid for the past two or three decades. 

Yeah, drafting a long snapper is still a bit of a head scrather to me as well. 

Archived