Share Your 53 Man Roster Predictions

Cadmus

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Legit question, is there enough video of Donnerson to make any kind of concrete opinion of him?

You're right, probably not.  There are game highlights put out by SE Missouri state where one doesn't get a chance to focus on one guy and get a true sense of how he plays.

A better question is whether as a fan I know enough to evaluate what I see.

On 7/13/2018 at 2:36 PM, Shanedorf said:

From Packers Wire: Article on GB OL and specifically Bryan Bulaga

“He’s doing excellent; he’s way ahead of schedule,” Gutekunst said, via ESPN. “Those are big injuries. He’s fought through those things before, we expect him to do that again. But yeah, we expect him to be a part of our team.”....

Just to clarify, that's not a recent or current quote.  That's a quote from back at the draft, no?  

I'm not sure what that's literally saying, "we expect him to be a part of our team."???  

That's clearly saying two things:  first, that they don't expect him to miss the entire season; and second, that  they don't expect to release him.  

But whether "expect him to be a part of our team" means he might be ready by November, or October, or opening day, I've got no idea.  

I'm guessing Gute probably didn't know either, and that the comment was intentionally uninformative. 

24 minutes ago, craig said:

Just to clarify, that's not a recent or current quote.  That's a quote from back at the draft, no?  

I'm not sure what that's literally saying, "we expect him to be a part of our team."???  

That's clearly saying two things:  first, that they don't expect him to miss the entire season; and second, that  they don't expect to release him.  

But whether "expect him to be a part of our team" means he might be ready by November, or October, or opening day, I've got no idea.  

I'm guessing Gute probably didn't know either, and that the comment was intentionally uninformative. 

Yeah it's from end of April but it does sound like

He will be on the team but not opening day starter. That doesn't mean it's true but it sounds that way, yeah? 

I feel bad for that dude. He's always battled through that ****

15 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

by my calculations, Bulaga will be 8.5 months post-surgery when 2018 Training Camp opens.... a week from Thursday.

I don't expect him to do much, but we should get some sort of an update

My guess will be failed physical and starts on the PUP

• 3 weeks later...

From PackersNews

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/08/07/packers-camp-insider-josh-jackson-slot-opportunity/924487002/

"It’s no longer accurate to call Quinten Rollins a cornerback. He’s more than that. Of late, he has been lining up as a true safety, which is a completely new position for him. Early in camp, Rollins — who is coming off a torn Achilles — was working strictly as a dime linebacker similar to what Morgan Burnett played. Then he added slot corner to his position. Now, he’s adding safety to his resume. After the draft and the addition of Alexander and Jackson, it looked like Rollins was going to have a tough time making the team. Now his versatility is starting to work in his favor. His coverage ability is still going to be the determining factor in whether he makes the team and the preseason will say a lot about how much the injury has affected him"

11 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

From PackersNews

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/08/07/packers-camp-insider-josh-jackson-slot-opportunity/924487002/

"It’s no longer accurate to call Quinten Rollins a cornerback. He’s more than that. Of late, he has been lining up as a true safety, which is a completely new position for him. Early in camp, Rollins — who is coming off a torn Achilles — was working strictly as a dime linebacker similar to what Morgan Burnett played. Then he added slot corner to his position. Now, he’s adding safety to his resume. After the draft and the addition of Alexander and Jackson, it looked like Rollins was going to have a tough time making the team. Now his versatility is starting to work in his favor. His coverage ability is still going to be the determining factor in whether he makes the team and the preseason will say a lot about how much the injury has affected him"

Gonna have to log this for my annual "I was right, you were wrong, I'm gonna post my I was right song," post. 

That list is going to be pretty long this year. 

Suspension List: RB Aaron Jones

QB (2)   Rodgers  Kizer
RB  (3)  Williams    Montgomery    Mays
FB  (1)  Ripkowski        
TE   (3)  Graham    Lewis    Kendricks
WR   (7) Adams Cobb Allison Kemerow Moore Valdes-Scantling St. Brown    
OT   (4) Bakhtiari Bulaga Murphy Spriggs
OG  (3)   Taylor McCray Bell       
OC    (2) Linsley  Patrick   

DT (3) Clark  Daniels   Adams    
DE (2) Wilkerson    Lowry    
OLB (6)  Perry Matthews, Fackrell, Biegel, Gilbert, Odom
ILB (3)  Martinez   Burks    Thomas    
CB  (6)  Williams, King,  Alexander, House, Jackson, Rollins
SS  (3)  Brice  Jones  Evans
FS  (2)  Clinton-Dix    Whitehead    

K   (1) Crosby        
P   (1)  Scott        
LS (1)   Bradley        

I'm most unsure about 3rd QB, 3rd RB, 7th WR, back-up inside OL, DL Looney?, 6th OLB, S Evans who I mainly have making it as a ST gunner.

QB: Rodgers | Kizer | Hundley (3)
RB: Montgomery | Williams | Ripkowski (3) (Aaron Jones SUS) 
WR: Adams | Cobb | Allison | Valdes-Scantling | Moore | St. Brown | Kumerow (7)
TE: Graham | Lewis | Kendricks (3)
OL: Bakhtiari | Bulaga | Linsley | Taylor | McCray | Bell | Murphy | Patrick | (8)

DL: Clark | Daniels | Wilkerson | Adams | Lowry | Mbu (6)
OLB: Matthews | Perry | Gilbert | Biegel | Odom | Donnerson | Fackrell (7)
ILB: Martinez | Burks | Martini (3)
CB: Williams | Alexander | King | Jackson | House | Pipkins (6)
S: Clinton-Dix | Brice | Jones | Evans (4)

ST: Crosby | Scott | Bradley

Archived