DT    (3) Daniels, Clark, Adams
DE    (3) Wilkerson, Lowry, Looney   
OLB  (6) Matthews, Perry, Fackrell, Gilbert, Biegel, Donnerson
ILB    (3) Martinez, Burks, Martini
CB    (6) Williams, King, Alexander, House, Jackson, Rollins
SS    (2) Brice, Jones    
FS    (2) Clinton-Dix, Whitehead    

STs (3) K Crosby, P Scott, LS Bradley

I'm just updating mine, because of what MM said at QB position, and because I was struggling with defensive position numbers, I looked up Pettine's normal defensive position numbers (he normally keeps less OLB and more DL than the Packers normally have, and averaged Packers normal and Pettine normal out).

• Changes
  • QB Hundley in over Boyle
  • OG Pankey  in over Bell
  • SS/OLB SS Evans in over OLB Biegel
  • LS Triner in over Bradley

• Explained why
  • QB MM sounded down on Kizer and Boyle, saying their footwork has a ways to go. I think Boyle MIGHT be able to get on PS, I doubt Kizer will.
  • OG Pankey is reportedly stepping up and I really dislike Bell's footwork
  • SS/OLB Pettine usually kept 4 OLBers (or at least only four labeled as OLBers) so they might not keep 6 OLBers this year. Plus normally keeps more ILB (so it might be ILB Thomas instead) but I decided to go with SS Evans because he's the best ST gunner we have left... with losing Janis and Goodson... plus it means less likely Brice gets to be the gunner which is good because he keeps getting banged up on the field and we might need him.
  • LS I don't think I've read Crosby missing a single kick when Triner is snapping, all the misses have seemed to come with Bradley snapping.

@Beast

I like your updates. There is very little I'd change after your adjustments. I liked Day on the O line, but if he is still under 300lb, he'll need another year (on PS) to add weight. I would be tempted to go with Mbu over Looney (for the bulk as a Clark backup), but either is fine.

I still think QB Boyle might end up being waived with a view to getting him on the PS. Who knows if that will succeed, if it happens ?

I struggle to see Rollins making the 53 (over Pipkins or Hawkins), but with WR Davis gone, who is going to return punts ?

I still think Biegel makes the team this year.

I love that you have Martini making the team at ILB.

I hate having only two RBs, but that only last two weeks when A.Jones comes back.........but that creates another problem, there isn't another easy cut left

On 8/10/2018 at 1:10 PM, Cheech said:

Suspension List: RB Aaron Jones

QB    (2) Rodgers, Kizer  
RB    (3) Williams, Montgomery, Mays
FB    (1) Ripkowski
TE    (3) Graham, Lewis, Kendricks
WR   (7) Adams,  Cobb, Allison, Kumerow,  Moore, MVS, EQ
OT    (4) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Spriggs   
OG    (3) Taylor, McCray, Bell      
OC    (2) Linsley, Day

DE    (2) Wilkerson, Lowry
CB    (6) Williams, King, Alexander, Jackson, Rollins, Pipkins
SS    (2) Brice, Jones, Evans
FS    (3) Clinton-Dix, Whitehead  

STs (3) K Crosby, P Scott, LS Bradley

PS (10)  QB -Boyle, WR - Yancey, WR - Jennings, DL - Looney, OL - Amichia, OL - Pankey, OL - Light, ILB - Thomas, CB - Brown, TE - Tonyan

Just one update for me.  Day over Patrick.  Day can clearly play and he has more years and a higher ceiling than Patrick.  Both Bell and Murphy can slide in at guard if needed.  

I'll be watching Pankey vs. Bell now.  Ahmad Thomas is also a guy to watch.  He could unseat Martini or Gute could keep 4 ILB. 

@OneTwoSixFive

I'm not that excited about C Dillon Day and I'm not certain that he has anymore PS eligibility left, as I think this would be his 4th year on the PS (mostly on the Broncos). With his height over 6'3" (and experience) one would think he should be at least 300 lbs. He's solid and steady, but I'm just not sure he has the pure talent for it, though he could prove me wrong.

For DL, I think it partly depends on what Pettine plans to do. If he's going to have a lot of NT action, then he might need a back-up NT (and the NFC North division rivals are upping their running games) BUT I currently have Looney's pass rushing way ahead of the good run defenders he's competing with for couple of reasons...  1) It's a passing league, so pass rushers are more important, 2a) Pass rushers are harder to find, 2b) for the 6th DL spot, we have one pass rusher, and at least three run defenders to choose from... and Packers should easily be able to get one of the run defenders on the PS. 3) Pettine scheme (as I understand it) leaves some DBs on an island and overloads the front, to give lots of single gap pass rusher, meaning the upfront guys need to get pressure before the DB on an island loses his guy.

Yeah, honestly I would rather cut Hundley and keep the two young guys (who are less ready right now) but I think have higher long term upside. Hopefully we don't lose those back-ups (and it's weird saying that, because usually I hate carrying 3 QBs... but I see potential there and fell like we need to carry 3 QBs)... and maybe the released one will fall to the PS... knowing Hundley will probably sign with a different team next year and they can battle it out for #2 QB then.

6th CB: Yes I knew I forgot something, I meant to take Rollins out of that and place Pipkins in. This whole time I've had Rollins as a spot holder until someone steps up... so far, I haven't seen any of the 6th CB break from the group, but I thought I'd change the placeholder and forgot. Sadly I think we're going to be seeing CB Alexander return punts (unless they ask WR Cobb to do it, but he's not currently even listed on the PR depth... and I don't want the 35 year old CB Tramon doing it).

Biegel, cutting Biegel was a very hard one for me, I don't like it... but he's completely disappeared so far and a tough choice is gonna have to be made somewhere. The more I thought about it, the more I thought they might cut the 7th WR and go with 24 offense and 26 defense and keeping two of these three SS Evans, OLB Biegel and/or ILB Thomas, but that doesn't make me any happier either.

Unless they add a vet ILB very late, then either ILB Martini or ILB Thomas will make it, and maybe both. Martini just seemed to always be around the ball, with great instincts so I picked him.

I hate having only two RBs too, my RB moto has always been you need 3, two for the game and a third for when one of them gets injured... but I was hoping Cobb and Rip might be able to fill in as a 3rd if needed for the first two weeks. Heck, I don't understand why they haven't used Rip more... he's had good movement when he's gotten chances. If they're not going to use Rip more, then I almost want to go with no FB this year... and just use Lewis as inline run blocker and Kendricks as an H-Back. Though I'm not going to predict that (which is what I try to do with my mocks, predict what the coaches will do, not necessary what I want)

I am not sure if this is true, but it seems like coaches like more options for player groupings on D vs O.  

On offense, you can dictate the personnel package and playing with less RB/TE/WR is something you can choose to do vs from a defensive perspective having to react to what the personnel packages offenses are running against you.  That may lead to keeping an extra DB/LB/DL over a WR/OL

43 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I am not sure if this is true, but it seems like coaches like more options for player groupings on D vs O.  

On offense, you can dictate the personnel package and playing with less RB/TE/WR is something you can choose to do vs from a defensive perspective having to react to what the personnel packages offenses are running against you.  That may lead to keeping an extra DB/LB/DL over a WR/OL

Absolutely! On offense you can force it to work towards your strengths, where on defense if you can't defend something, the offense will keep repeating it.

Also I think they lean a bit more towards the defense for two other reasons...

1) Pass rushing is very tiring and pass rushers have to rotate... so where (if they stay healthy) you could see the 5 OL and QB (6 players) play every single offensive snap, the defense has players that usually need to rotate more often and play 60% to 80% of snaps... so on average, I think depth on defense gets used more often.

2) STs coverage has players run down the field to get to and tackle the ball carrier, that's basically defensive players normal job... where offensive players normally have to be trained a bit more for it. And while there is also blocking which is offensive based, I think it's easier to learn to interior block for a few seconds than to chase down and tackle a returner (which I have lots of police officers trying to chase down fans on the field and missing on my mind right now LOL)  

Here's what Silverstein at JSO wrote about Justin McCray, the heir apparent at RG

"McCray said he learned a lot from veteran Jahri Evans last season.

Each day, McCray said, he rode from the players’ parking lot at Lambeau Field to the practice field with Evans. Once he started playing last season, McCray asked Evans to evaluate his film. He got suggestions from the four-time All-Pro guard, things he still uses now.

McCray said Evans’ advice has helped him solidify his place on the offensive line, even if he isn’t officially the starter yet.

“Jahri gave me so much last year,” McCray said. “

On 8/13/2018 at 10:53 PM, Beast said:

I'm just updating mine, because of what MM said at QB position, and because I was struggling with defensive position numbers, I looked up Pettine's normal defensive position numbers (he normally keeps less OLB and more DL than the Packers normally have, and averaged Packers normal and Pettine normal out).

• Changes
  • QB Hundley in over Boyle
  • OG Pankey  in over Bell
  • SS/OLB SS Evans in over OLB Biegel
  • LS Triner in over Bradley

• Explained why
  • QB MM sounded down on Kizer and Boyle, saying their footwork has a ways to go. I think Boyle MIGHT be able to get on PS, I doubt Kizer will.
  • OG Pankey is reportedly stepping up and I really dislike Bell's footwork
  • SS/OLB Pettine usually kept 4 OLBers (or at least only four labeled as OLBers) so they might not keep 6 OLBers this year. Plus normally keeps more ILB (so it might be ILB Thomas instead) but I decided to go with SS Evans because he's the best ST gunner we have left... with losing Janis and Goodson... plus it means less likely Brice gets to be the gunner which is good because he keeps getting banged up on the field and we might need him.
  • LS I don't think I've read Crosby missing a single kick when Triner is snapping, all the misses have seemed to come with Bradley snapping.

It will be seriously disappointing if Biegel gets cut.  I am looking for the guy to emerge as #3 at OLB.  Granted he hasn't shown much just yet but c'mon we are 1 game into the preseason.  He just got healthy.  Still have very high hopes that he'll make some noise this year.  I think if they only go with 5 at OLB it may be a choice between Fackrell and Donnerson.  Fackrell is far more likely to get cut than Biegel IMO.  Not that I don't like Fackrell just really high on Biegel.   They could try to get Donnerson to the PS but have a feeling the kid will continue to flash.  Really like this pick especially so late in the draft.  Raw kid but has massive potential. As far as QB that has yet to be determined.  After Hill got poached last year the Pack may be leary of trying to sneak Boyle on the PS.  Hundley may be the odd man out.  We'll know more in a few weeks.  Madison being a no show hurt us. Not too enamored with the depth on the OL.  Hoping Gute can uncover a gem on cutdowns.  

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

It will be seriously disappointing if Biegel gets cut.  I am looking for the guy to emerge as #3 at OLB.  Granted he hasn't shown much just yet but c'mon we are 1 game into the preseason.  He just got healthy.  Still have very high hopes that he'll make some noise this year.  I think if they only go with 5 at OLB it may be a choice between Fackrell and Donnerson.  Fackrell is far more likely to get cut than Biegel IMO.  Not that I don't like Fackrell just really high on Biegel.   They could try to get Donnerson to the PS but have a feeling the kid will continue to flash.  Really like this pick especially so late in the draft.  Raw kid but has massive potential. As far as QB that has yet to be determined.  After Hill got poached last year the Pack may be leary of trying to sneak Boyle on the PS.  Hundley may be the odd man out.  We'll know more in a few weeks.  Madison being a no show hurt us. Not too enamored with the depth on the OL.  Hoping Gute can uncover a gem on cutdowns.  

What exactly is your obsession with Biegel? I'm not completely writing him off but he's showed next to nothing ever since hes been healthy. And the guy looks like he could really use 10+ lbs of muscle on that frame. Same with Fack. 

RTT give the man a chance.  Showed next to nothing?  What exactly does that mean.  Because he didn't do anything in 1 preseason game?  My obsession is watching him in college.  He was a real good prospect coming out.  Had it not been for the foot issue he would have been drafted much higher.  The kid knows how to rush the passer.  Reports from coaches are he came back stronger this season and has been working hard.  I don't know how anyone can make any sort of judgement on the guy yet.  We'll know a lot more about Biegel as the season progresses.  I think he'll finish the season as the top backup OLB.

7 hours ago, Scoremore said:

I agree that it will be disapointing if biegel gets cut... but I had to make a couple of tough choices. If Biegel shows somethings I can make a case for him. I think the Packers might rather have another LB than a 7th WR that doesn't help on STs. Or maybe release SS Evans for a LB. But I've got to see some flashes of his potential or at least read about them... and sadly what I've been reading has been like "Spriggs owns and pancakes Biegel". 

Fackrell and Donnerson have shown more up to this point. Don't get me wrong Biegel could pass him, but so far he's not. Hopefully Biegel picks it up soon.

Based on MM's comments I believe he wants the most ready to play now guy as his #2 which is Hundley's. Personal I'd rather keep the highest potential, which I don't think is Hundley, but I'm trying to predict what the Packers will do, not what I want. Losing Hill might effect the 3rd QB spot but I don't think 4th... can't keep 4 QBs on the 53.

15 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Because he didn't do anything in 1 preseason game?  

You need a chill pill man, your taking Biegel comments way too personal. 

But yes we're just judging the entire roster off what we have seen this preseason... and despite Biegel's very good potential, he has (so far) disappeared for some reason.

We're not making a judgement of his character, not of his talent, not of his career... just what he has shown so far in preseason.

And as Gute has said, the most important part of the preseason is the games and really the first one might be the least important. So there is plenty of time left for him to bounce back, if he shows up for the rest of the games.

Suspension List: RB Aaron Jones

Offense- 25

QB    (3) Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle 
RB    (3) Williams, Montgomery, Mays
FB    (1) Ripkowski
TE    (3) Graham, Lewis, Kendricks
WR   (6) Adams,  Cobb, Allison,  Moore, MVS, EQ
OT    (4) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Spriggs   
OG    (3) Taylor, McCray, Pankey     
OC    (2) Linsley, Day

Defense- 25

DE    (2) Wilkerson, Lowry
CB    (6) Williams, King, Alexander, Jackson, Waters, Pipkins
SS    (3) Brice, Jones, Evans
FS    (2) Clinton-Dix, Whitehead  

STs  (3) K Crosby, P Scott, LS Bradley

It's damn early so I'll save any explanations.  Going with guys who have higher ceilings.

Gonna update mine here for crates and giggles:

QB(3): Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle

RB(5): Williams, Jones, Monty, Mays, Rip

WR(6): Adams, Cobb, Allison, ESB, MVS, Moore

TE(3): Graham, Lewis, Kendricks

OT(4): Bakh, Bulaga, Murphy, Spriggs

OG(4): Taylor, McCray, Pankey, Bell

Linsley at Center of course

DL(6): Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Lowry, Adams, Looney

OLB(5): CMIII, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Biegel

ILB(3): Martinez, Burks, Greer

CB(6): House, Williams, King, Alexander, Jackson, Pipkens