textaz03

DT Irving suspended first 4 games (again)

14 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I agree. He needs to be cut asap 

Nah. Make use of him the rest of the season and when he balls out, take the comp pick and run. Some team is gonna pay him because he's that good.

Posted (edited)

No need to cut him yet. We still can get our 2 million worth out of him for 12 games maybe 7-8 sacks.Then let a very desperate team overpay for him in the off season.

Edited by eagles suck

29 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

And hes behind again....

The problem with not cutting him, what message does this send to the team?

He is not a team player for sure. Multiple suspensions. Holds outs of offseason work even though he signed his tender. 

He is one failed test away from his next suspension (regardless of PED’s or illicits) and that will be a 10 gamer. No team will sign him to a long term deal under those conditions. Our comp pick for him will be a measly 7 rounder. 

39 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

The problem with not cutting him, what message does this send to the team?

He is not a team player for sure. Multiple suspensions. Holds outs of offseason work even though he signed his tender. 

He is one failed test away from his next suspension (regardless of PED’s or illicits) and that will be a 10 gamer. No team will sign him to a long term deal under those conditions. Our comp pick for him will be a measly 7 rounder

If he plays like he did last year, I guarantee you someone signs him for a lot of money. Yeah he's a knucklehead, but he's one of the most talented players in the league at a position where pass rushing is limited. He's a special talent, and teams make exceptions for those players.

As for missing OTA's, I'm not sure he was "holding out" as much as sorting things out regarding custody of his child and whatnot. I don't put that on holding out for a new contract.

Posted (edited)

This is becoming a disturbing trend for Dallas. DLaw, RG, Irving, pretty sure this is 5 yrs in a row.

EDIT: also for a guy who gambled on himself...this is an unbelievably stupid move.

Edited by WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

So who wants to hop on the Ed Oliver wagon.

Oliver, Gary, or Wilkins.