DT Irving suspended first 4 games (again)

textaz03

The problem with not cutting him, what message does this send to the team?

He is not a team player for sure. Multiple suspensions. Holds outs of offseason work even though he signed his tender. 

He is one failed test away from his next suspension (regardless of PED’s or illicits) and that will be a 10 gamer. No team will sign him to a long term deal under those conditions. Our comp pick for him will be a measly 7 rounder. 

39 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

The problem with not cutting him, what message does this send to the team?

He is not a team player for sure. Multiple suspensions. Holds outs of offseason work even though he signed his tender. 

He is one failed test away from his next suspension (regardless of PED’s or illicits) and that will be a 10 gamer. No team will sign him to a long term deal under those conditions. Our comp pick for him will be a measly 7 rounder

If he plays like he did last year, I guarantee you someone signs him for a lot of money. Yeah he's a knucklehead, but he's one of the most talented players in the league at a position where pass rushing is limited. He's a special talent, and teams make exceptions for those players.

As for missing OTA's, I'm not sure he was "holding out" as much as sorting things out regarding custody of his child and whatnot. I don't put that on holding out for a new contract.

Archived