DT Irving suspended first 4 games (again)

textaz03

He isn't getting a long term deal here, and nobody will give him one in FA. He is one missed or failed test away from missing 10 games, and he has other issues beyond that according to his twitter.

LOL. Told you guys. This guy is NEVER getting a long term contract. He should and will be given MODEST contracts here on and out. Eventually, we need to draft DT that is worth a damn. But he is just rental until then.

19 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Id take 10-12 sacks from them all day. That'd be great.

Oh... no doubt. I mean Cox and Jernigan combined for 8 sacks last year having played 14 and 15 games last year.

I just thought 20 sacks was funny cause the most sacks Aaron Donald (best DT in who knows how long..) has had in a season is 11.

I don't want to hear anything about how Irving almost averaged a sack per game like some small sample last year is what he would do over a full season any year lol.

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Who has more sacks during the remainder of their Cowboy's careers: Irving or Gregory?

Good question.

If they started back at zero now, I suppose I'll say RG. He's not currently slated for suspension like Irving so he'll have a chance to get a head start. And he plays on the outside which lends it'self to bulkier sack stats(see Lawrence). RG is 1 sneeze away from a permanent ban where Irving still has a 10 game suspension in his pocket when something happens again. So it's a tough call. Plus Irving has at least proven he can go consecutive games with sack totals, while RG has just flashed in the pan.

13 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Who has more sacks during the remainder of their Cowboy's careers: Irving or Gregory?

I'll say RG based simply on the notion I doubt Irving plays for Dallas after this season. Someone will pay him more than Dallas. According to this Dallas has control of RG thru 2020 for relatively cheap. 

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I'll say RG based simply on the notion I doubt Irving plays for Dallas after this season. Someone will pay him more than Dallas. According to this Dallas has control of RG thru 2020 for relatively cheap. 

I didn't see the Cowboys career part. Yeah, Irving has 12 regular season games left as a Cowboy at the most. RG's best case scenario is a bit better.

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I didn't see the Cowboys career part. Yeah, Irving has 12 regular season games left as a Cowboy at the most. RG's best case scenario is a bit better.

I agree that it's likely that Irving has 12 games (not including playoffs) left in his Cowboy career. And I think he'll have more sacks in 12 games than Gregory would have in 16.

But can we rely on Gregory to play for 32 or 48? 

Archived