DT Irving suspended first 4 games (again)

textaz03

19 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree that it's likely that Irving has 12 games (not including playoffs) left in his Cowboy career. And I think he'll have more sacks in 12 games than Gregory would have in 16.

But can we rely on Gregory to play for 32 or 48? 

I don't think he'll get suspended for pot again, knock on wood. I think the bigger question is if his frame can hold up as more than a situational player. His rookie year was pretty well ruined by a high ankle sprain.

OTOH I would pump the brakes on Irving giving us nearly a sack per game production in '18 as he did '17. That sort of thing from a DT, much less one coming off suspension, just doesn't happen very often, and I question Irving's current mindset as a professional athlete compared to Gregory's.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 5:57 AM, matt79511 said:

I don't think he'll get suspended for pot again, knock on wood. I think the bigger question is if his frame can hold up as more than a situational player. His rookie year was pretty well ruined by a high ankle sprain.

OTOH I would pump the brakes on Irving giving us nearly a sack per game production in '18 as he did '17. That sort of thing from a DT, much less one coming off suspension, just doesn't happen very often, and I question Irving's current mindset as a professional athlete compared to Gregory's.

Gregory is bigger now. Or at least he looks like it. I would think he would be able to hold up a bit better now. He should be entering prime football age.  

I agree Irving is on his way out. It seems he will play so well we wont pay or him, or do something dumb personally and we wont pay him. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 8:05 PM, cromagnum said:

Does anyone know where this guy is? Seems like nothing but trouble finds this guy. Shame as he's very talented.

"It was reported this morning that he was in rehab, but when I reached out to people close to him it's actually been a situation where he has been in and out of rehab this summer," Slater said on Inside Training Camp Live. "It's not just a substance abuse issue he is dealing with, although he has been suspended four games to start the season because of that. His is a little bit more complicated. He is dealing with several issues. He's got a team in place that's trying to get him back to the facility. Get his mind right."

On 8/15/2018 at 9:21 AM, DaBoys said:

"It was reported this morning that he was in rehab, but when I reached out to people close to him it's actually been a situation where he has been in and out of rehab this summer," Slater said on Inside Training Camp Live. "It's not just a substance abuse issue he is dealing with, although he has been suspended four games to start the season because of that. His is a little bit more complicated. He is dealing with several issues. He's got a team in place that's trying to get him back to the facility. Get his mind right."

Yeaaaaaa

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/08/18/every-game-seen-play-medicated-cowboys-david-irving-defends-marijuana-use-bashes-nfl-instagram-rant

I don't think hes returning.

I am an avid non-smoker of any kind. I hate the way it smells. And I do absolutely 0 drugs outside of alcohol. But I strongly disagree with something cheap, naturally grown with medicinal purposes being tested for when every year its becoming more and more legal across the US.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I am an avid non-smoker of any kind. I hate the way it smells. And I do absolutely 0 drugs outside of alcohol. But I strongly disagree with something cheap, naturally grown with medicinal purposes being tested for when every year its becoming more and more legal across the US.

With you on that point. That said, it's illegal and his job is at risk because of it. 

• 1 month later...

Archived