DT Irving suspended first 4 games (again)

textaz03

20 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

God bless him and his family I hope things work out. You never know what's going on in some person's life behind the scenes. As a football player I certainly hope Dallas gets him back and he does what he has the potential to do

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Does anybody know the details?  It’s all kind a vague.  It sounds like a custody dispute but I don’t understand why that would force him to miss games.

Agreed. Sounds like a legal matter. I get the concern on his part though. That said, I find it pretty tough to trust Irving anymore. There is loads of drama surrounding him in one form or another. 

I’ll share my experience here. Back in 2009, my exwife had full custody of my son (being active duty and constantly leaving). The state where they lived took custody because of severe neglect. I was notified of the proceedings and contested custody. All in all, it took me 9 months of court proceedings which all took place in the state where he lived and my state is 1600 miles away. I was flying back and forth every 2-3 weeks during that 9 months for visits and court hearings. Cost me nearly 50k in lawyer fees, flights, hotels and rental cars and a **** ton of vacation days. 

Needless to say I can relate to him on this. I know the stress it caused me. But in the end, it paid off, I was awarded full custody of my son and she had to have supervised visitations from that point on. Karma came back to bite her in the ***

20 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I know the dude has lots of issues but I just want to go on record and say we should sign him now to a contract extension.

There is a lot of drama surrounding him all the time it seems, but it's still hard to argue against an extension. 

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:
7 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I know the dude has lots of issues but I just want to go on record and say we should sign him now to a contract extension.

There is a lot of drama surrounding him all the time it seems, but it's still hard to argue against an extension. 

better be low on GTD money. 

Extension might be the right purely football move but in terms of the team and maybe Irving himself letting the year and the next year play out might be better move.  It does send the wrong message that what you do on the field is all that matters 

Archived