2018 Draft Eligible TE Thread

CalhounLambeau

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Andrews is a stud. He is not a good blocker yet, but his frame suggests that it's something he's capable of doing.

Mike Geiseki is a flex TE that can make big plays down the field. Excellent pass catcher, abysmal run blocker.

Troy Fumagalli is a meh blocker with meh size and meh athletic ability. He does have great hands and runs great routes...particularly underneath routes against zone coverage. I see him as a great college player that won't translate well into the NFL, where he'll be asked to run away from athletic linebackers in man coverage.

Geiseki and Andrews are my two 1st round TE's and I don't know if another TE will be worthy of selecting until round 3 after those two. This TE class is nowhere near as good as last year's historically good class. Howard, Njoku, and Engram were all better prospects than Andrews and Geiseki. Also, I have a hard time classifying Geiseki as a TE as I think he'll be split out 90% of the time. He's basically poor man's Jimmy Graham.

• 2 weeks later...

So Caleb Wilson of UCLA just shot up everybody's boards I'm sure. He had 16 receptions for 220 yards as a Freshman which really isn't that bad, and he just added 15 receptions for 208 yards against Texas A&M. Wow. He's listed at 6'5" 235 lbs and proved he has very good hands. I'd like to see him put on some weight, but talk about having a game.

3 minutes ago, DraftHobbyist said:

So Caleb Wilson of UCLA just shot up everybody's boards I'm sure. He had 16 receptions for 220 yards as a Freshman which really isn't that bad, and he just added 15 receptions for 208 yards against Texas A&M. Wow. He's listed at 6'5" 235 lbs and proved he has very good hands. I'd like to see him put on some weight, but talk about having a game.

He seemed to have a very good understanding of how to run a route as well, adept and setting up his defender. Not sure if Armani Watts, who as I understand it is no scrub, was covering him for most of the second half or not but it didn't seem to matter when he was. A great performance by Wilson.

3 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

He seemed to have a very good understanding of how to run a route as well, adept and setting up his defender. Not sure if Armani Watts, who as I understand it is no scrub, was covering him for most of the second half or not but it didn't seem to matter when he was. A great performance by Wilson.

I'm pretty sure he was for at least part of the game, but that's a tough matchup at 5'11" for Watts.

Troy Fumagalli of Wisconsin is a good TE prospect, but for two weeks now, he has had a case of the dropsies.

EDIT: And right after I post this he makes an outstanding hands catch away from his body on 3rd down and 7 for a 1st. He continually shows that he can make the big catches, it's just that he needs to be more consistent. He is likely to put it together later in the season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2017 at 1:04 PM, DraftHobbyist said:

Troy Fumagalli of Wisconsin is a good TE prospect, but for two weeks now, he has had a case of the dropsies.

EDIT: And right after I post this he makes an outstanding hands catch away from his body on 3rd down and 7 for a 1st. He continually shows that he can make the big catches, it's just that he needs to be more consistent. He is likely to put it together later in the season.

Honestly, that stretch was the first time I can remember Fumagalli NOT catching the football. He's about as sure handed as it gets. He's a complete TE, man. Not really the athletically gifted type but he's incredibly reliable and will make one hell of a 3rd down and RZ target. Just finds a way to get open and, when he's not open, he makes great catches on forced passes. Love Fums and hope he's healthy for Nebraska this week. Our passing game is so much better when he's on the field.

5 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Troy Fumagalli had a drop against Iowa in 2016, had another drop against Western Michigan in 2016,  and yet another against Michigan 2016 and noted one against Utah State 2017. 

So yeah, hands are questionable. 

every player is gonna drop a pass. get some context with those numbers like out of how many catchable balls, was he hit during the attempt to make the catch, ect....

11 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

every player is gonna drop a pass. get some context with those numbers like out of how many catchable balls, was he hit during the attempt to make the catch, ect....

All I'm saying is that his hands are questionable. He has a lot of drops. If you want to spend all day compiling that data that doesn't currently exist - be my guest. Until then I have the right to question a players hands when he has drops in 4/6 games I've watched and others noted by others in games I haven't yet evaluated. 

Archived