Propose a Trade/Trade Rumors Thread

devils1854

6 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Makes sense tbh. We probably got cold feet and y'all overtook us. Oh well. Guess we'll just have to settle for...looks at available SS....****.

I'm ready to just play Arcia again. The rebuild isn't over if Arcia isn't good IMO. Getting him going at the MLB level is my 2nd half goal. Get Dozier for cheap and roll with Arcia and Dozier.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm ready to just play Arcia again. The rebuild isn't over if Arcia isn't good IMO. Getting him going at the MLB level is my 2nd half goal. Get Dozier for cheap and roll with Arcia and Dozier.

Arcia won't get right until our hitting coaches (AAA and MLB) do their jobs and fix his horrible swing. It's legit a bar league softball swing. His hips are wide open before he even starts his swing. It's completely broken and needs to be completely refined.

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

Idle curiosity - does the MLB allow for conditional trade reimbursement? For example, lets say the Phillies trade for Machado. Part of that package includes PTBNL. If Machado re-signed with Philly, the player is taken off one list (of far superior prospects), and if he doesn't, the player to be named is taken off another list of prospects? 

Yes. The most famous example I can remember of this was in the CC Sabathia trade. Michael Brantley was the PTBNL, and the only way the Indians were able to pick him was because the Brewers made the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Idle curiosity - does the MLB allow for conditional trade reimbursement? For example, lets say the Phillies trade for Machado. Part of that package includes PTBNL. If Machado re-signed with Philly, the player is taken off one list (of far superior prospects), and if he doesn't, the player to be named is taken off another list of prospects? 

would the phillies do that though? They have like the most free money in baseball or at least second most. Even if he goes elsewhere they have a chance to sign him. 

2 hours ago, GmenSeattle said:

DeGromm's agent says the Mets should trade him.  I'd give up Sheff for him. :P

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/7633/jacob-degrom

Jacob deGrom's agent Brodie Van Wagenen told Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic on Tuesday that he believes the Mets' "best course of action is to seriously consider trade opportunities now" for his client.

Gonna need more than that. 

I threw out the idea of Puk/Barretto/Beck and I’m not sure that gets it done. 

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd do that if I'm St. Louis. Pache is the difference maker.

Ive read some rumors that the Braves front office think Drew Waters will be better than Pache. I did read a tweet that Waters was the top prospect in the Sally League in a informal poll.

Archived