Jump to content
devils1854

Propose a Trade/Trade Rumors Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

lol as if top 100 rankings really friggin' matter. It's a deep *** system.

deep are the braves, padres, and white sox.  Heck im not even sure its deeper than the Astros farm system tbh.  (and no im not ranking the astros system top 5)

Edited by Texansfan713

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Robles enough to pry deGron or Thor from the Mets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, Robles + another top-5 guy + a lottery ticket. Minimum. And even then you're getting a steal.

The two of them are cheap and each still with multiple years of team control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 6:33 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

if you dont have top end talent it absolutely does matter. the brewers system is average. they have 1-2 guys that could headline a deal, regardless of how "deep" it is.

Milwaukee's system is absolutely perfect for teams dealing rentals.  Lots of lottery tickets in the lower levels and guys in the higher levels that look like role players.  A Hiura/Burnes package is a really good start to a blockbuster deal, as they are the two that have some impact potential and aren't years away from the bigs.  I could certainly see a team falling in love with 2 other prospects in that system and making a deal.

Honestly, if I was a team with a rental, I'd target the Brewers. They've had guys that looked like role players that they traded before, who ended up blowing up in Segura, Haniger, Brantley, Cain, Gennett, etc.  Really weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Milwaukee's system is absolutely perfect for teams dealing rentals.  Lots of lottery tickets in the lower levels and guys in the higher levels that look like role players.  A Hiura/Burnes package is a really good start to a blockbuster deal, as they are the two that have some impact potential and aren't years away from the bigs.  I could certainly see a team falling in love with 2 other prospects in that system and making a deal.

Honestly, if I was a team with a rental, I'd target the Brewers. They've had guys that looked like role players that they traded before, who ended up blowing up in Segura, Haniger, Brantley, Cain, Gennett, etc.  Really weird.

Maybe... for that one specific scenario and thats more ancedotal than something you can really rely on. But that doesnt make it a top 10 system or 12 or maybe even 15. They lack high end talent, baseball is weird and guys can come out of no where but that doesnt make up for the lack of premier guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard on the roto wire podcast the other day they said the nats were considering trading Harper.... what would a package for him costs? more or less then Machado??? that of course is if Washington is serious about that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Milwaukee's system is absolutely perfect for teams dealing rentals.  Lots of lottery tickets in the lower levels and guys in the higher levels that look like role players.  A Hiura/Burnes package is a really good start to a blockbuster deal, as they are the two that have some impact potential and aren't years away from the bigs.  I could certainly see a team falling in love with 2 other prospects in that system and making a deal.

Honestly, if I was a team with a rental, I'd target the Brewers. They've had guys that looked like role players that they traded before, who ended up blowing up in Segura, Haniger, Brantley, Cain, Gennett, etc.  Really weird.

Burnes got promoted to the active roster and was moved to the bullpen, so I think he'd be off limits. I can't remember any deadline deals where a prospect who was on the active roster was traded away from a contending team. I don't know if we'd trade Hiura, he might be the best 2B in the organization right now so in that case we may as well just promote him. If we did trade him, I'd imagine it'd be for a DeGrom type.

But I agree, we're exactly the team that can get worked over. Brandon Woodruff is in prospect limbo right now, but he is a headliner who could get starts from a bad team and get flipped for a bunch more with a pretty minimal track record. Then because you didn't get Hiura, you can demand some combination of Tristen Lutz, Jean Carmona, Carlos Rodriguez, Mario Feliciano, Mauricio Dubon (who's hurt so that's another discount), and a bullpen lottery ticket on top of it.

That's a bunch of really high upside guys who are a year away from breaking out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who says no?

Reds get: RHP Noah Syndergaard

Mets get: 3B/2B Nick Senzel, C Tyler Stephenson, SS Jeter Downs, RHP Keury Mella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Who says no?

Reds get: RHP Noah Syndergaard

Mets get: 3B/2B Nick Senzel, C Tyler Stephenson, SS Jeter Downs, RHP Keury Mella

Both teams.

Mets aren't going to base the central return for Thor around a guy with a serious ankle injury. Reds aren't going to sell Senzel low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Both teams.

Mets aren't going to base the central return for Thor around a guy with a serious ankle injury. Reds aren't going to sell Senzel low.

Who has an ankle injury?  Senzel had a finger ligament issue (which ended up not needing surgery, but he's likely done until the AFL), the rest of the guys are healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Who has an ankle injury?  Senzel had a finger ligament issue (which ended up not needing surgery, but he's likely done until the AFL), the rest of the guys are healthy.

Damnit that's right. I have him confused with somebody else or I'm just getting old.

The rationale still holds though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Damnit that's right. I have him confused with somebody else or I'm just getting old.

The rationale still holds though.

For the Reds I wouldn't consider it selling low if it brought Thor in return.  For the Mets, I could see that as a reason they say no.  I don't think I'd offer anything more though given Sydergaard's injury history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If NYY moves Andujar for a pitcher that's worth that type of player then turns around and move Sheffield for Machado I'd be on cloud nine. Flags fly forever.

Edited by crab1106

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really a proposal, but some trade news. Don't think we have any other twitter/non-footballs future speculation:
 

Escobar should get a decent return, but I hope the Twins don't trade him. Dozier, should get something back for him, but don't know what. I hope we move Dozier though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

Not really a proposal, but some trade news. Don't think we have any other twitter/non-footballs future speculation:
 

Escobar should get a decent return, but I hope the Twins don't trade him. Dozier, should get something back for him, but don't know what. I hope we move Dozier though.

Orioles leak who they want for Machado early in the week. Dodgers and Brewers each leak all of the other IF targets they want.

Passive-aggressive media usage at its best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×