Propose a Trade/Trade Rumors Thread

devils1854

On 7/14/2018 at 9:15 AM, Texansfan713 said:

based on this board prepare to give up Sixto Sanchez and Adam Haseley . 

What is this in reference to?  Nobody on here has argued that Britton is worth all that much right now.  At least from what I've seen.  

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

A butt ton. Top 25 prospect headliner, then a top 100 guy and probably 2 more really intriguing 45 FV guys. He's a beast.

I've been looking at a Carpenter/Martinez package and dangling that at New York to get a crap ton out of their farm system.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I've been looking at a Carpenter/Martinez package and dangling that at New York to get a crap ton out of their farm system.

In general, you package guys together as a selling team to increase the headliner. Carlos Martinez gives you whichever headliner you want, so I don't get the point of trying to combine them.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

In general, you package guys together as a selling team to increase the headliner. Carlos Martinez gives you whichever headliner you want, so I don't get the point of trying to combine them.

I'm assuming Gleyber Torres is off-limits?  I'd love to get a Torress/Sheffield package.

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

A butt ton. Top 25 prospect headliner, then a top 100 guy and probably 2 more really intriguing 45 FV guys. He's a beast.

That feels right to me.  The huge walk increase this year is concerning, but Martinez's contract is extremely team friendly.  That's worth a lot.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Hot rumor is that the Phillies and O's have a handshake deal in place for Machado. Its expected to be announced after the ASG.

Makes sense tbh. We probably got cold feet and y'all overtook us. Oh well. Guess we'll just have to settle for...looks at available SS....****.

Idle curiosity - does the MLB allow for conditional trade reimbursement? For example, lets say the Phillies trade for Machado. Part of that package includes PTBNL. If Machado re-signed with Philly, the player is taken off one list (of far superior prospects), and if he doesn't, the player to be named is taken off another list of prospects? 

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

Eff that.  No.  Let them wallow in no man's land forever!  Not quite good enough for the playoffs, but good enough to pick in the back half of the 1st round.

NO! THAT'S OUR PLACE!

lol it's sad but true.

Archived