Propose a Trade/Trade Rumors Thread

devils1854

12 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Saw on the twitter(can’t link on mobile) that it’s claimed that the deal to the Phillies is done, and it’s a worse deal that what the Yankees and Dodgers offered.

Honestly, Angelos would derive some pleasure in sticking it to the Nationals.

Jim Salisbury of NBC Sports Philadelphia writes that the Phillies have "definite interest" in Blue Jays left-hander J.A. Happ.

Manny Machado and Zach Britton of the Orioles are at the top of the Phillies' wish list, but Salisbury writes that Happ is another name under consideration internally. Salisbury also hears from a source that the Blue Jays have recently been scouting the Phillies' minor league system. Happ, who originally came up with the Phillies, lost three straight starts going into the break and has seen his ERA jump from 3.48 to 4.29 over the past month. Still, he's one of the better arms available on the trade market, with the Yankees also mentioned prominently as a potential match. The 35-year-old is due to become a free agent following the season.

Jon Heyman of FanCred reports that the Dodgers "appear to be the leading contender" in trade talks for Orioles shortstop Manny Machado.

This comes hours after Jon Morosi of MLB.com wrote that the Phillies were currently the "most likely destination" for Machado after the club expressed a willingness to include pitching prospect Adonis Medina in a potential deal. With that in mind, Heyman writes that the situation is "fluid" and that the Phillies, Brewers, and Diamondbacks could still have an outside chance. Prospects Dustin May and Gavin Lux are among the names linked in trade talks between the Dodgers and Orioles. If acquired by Los Angeles, Machado would take over at shortstop while Chris Taylor would move back to the outfield. Machado is set to represent the Orioles in Tuesday's All-Star Game, but it sounds like he could be in a different uniform later this week.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Pache and the headlining pitcher are each top 50 guys or so, and I'm high on Pache. So that meets or maybe is even slightly better than the outline I gave.

Maybe I'm lower on those guys than you, but I'd like a better combination of floor/upside when we're dealing Carlos Martinez.  Luiz Gohara seems destined for the bullpen, I believe the last time he averaged over 5 IP per game it was back in 2016.  Don't mind Kyle Wright, but not huge on him.  High floor, I just question how much legitimate upside he has.  As for Pache, I don't think he differs a whole lot from Magneuris Sierra whom they dealt last offseason.  I'd just prefer someone with a bit more legitimate upside.

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe I'm lower on those guys than you, but I'd like a better combination of floor/upside when we're dealing Carlos Martinez.  Luiz Gohara seems destined for the bullpen, I believe the last time he averaged over 5 IP per game it was back in 2016.  Don't mind Kyle Wright, but not huge on him.  High floor, I just question how much legitimate upside he has.  As for Pache, I don't think he differs a whole lot from Magneuris Sierra whom they dealt last offseason.  I'd just prefer someone with a bit more legitimate upside.

Pache has considerably more power potential than Sierra does/did.  He's also better at the things Sierra is good at (running and fielding).  Pache could be a monster if he keeps progressing as he has.  If you couldn't tell, I share Rams's favorable opinion of him.  He's a clear top 50 prospect for me, and I would absolutely hate him going to the Cards.

52 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

The Baltimore #Orioles expected to trade Manny Machado to the #DodgersLADodgers2018.png on Wednesday https://usat.ly/2LiRMCN  via @USATODAY

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2018/07/17/manny-machado-traded-dodgers/792282002/

take this for what its worth.. been seeing a lot of outlets running with Manny to LA

If true, that's a significant piece.  A much better piece than I figured the O's would get, actually.

17 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Gonna need more than that. 

I threw out the idea of Puk/Barretto/Beck and I’m not sure that gets it done. 

I wasn't suggesting it would be Sheff for DeGromm straight up...I'm just saying I wouldn't mind shipping Sheff out for DeGromm.  I didn't want to deal Sheff for Machado.

37 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

If true, that's a significant piece.  A much better piece than I figured the O's would get, actually.

Rumor is the piece was upgraded so they would take Forsythe to keep us under the next level of luxury tax.

Archived