Propose a Trade/Trade Rumors Thread

devils1854

20 minutes ago, Starless said:

Move Seager to 2B and DFA Forsythe...?

I never understood when teams move performing players out of their position. Seager is a career SS (with a little 3B) who has never played a game at 2B as a professional baseball player. I get the benefit of having them both in the line-up but if you need a 2B get a 2B (Jed Lowrie, Starlin Castro, Scooter Gennett, etc.). Yea I get that they're not Machado at the plate but defense is actually played in baseball sometimes.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe I'm lower on those guys than you, but I'd like a better combination of floor/upside when we're dealing Carlos Martinez.  Luiz Gohara seems destined for the bullpen, I believe the last time he averaged over 5 IP per game it was back in 2016.  Don't mind Kyle Wright, but not huge on him.  High floor, I just question how much legitimate upside he has.  As for Pache, I don't think he differs a whole lot from Magneuris Sierra whom they dealt last offseason.  I'd just prefer someone with a bit more legitimate upside.

if pache continues to develop he could be a top 10 guy in a couple years. His power is starting to show up and it wouldnt be surprising for him to be a 15ish hr a year guy in his prime. Thats along with double plus defense and a respectable obp. i see him as a better version of ender inciarte which seems pretty reasonable.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

the freakin dodgers.....they already have Corey Seager as their long term SS....go kick rocks.

18 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Doesn’t mean he’ll sign in LA long term. Could easily walk in the off-season and Seager comes back next year and retakes SS

What he said.  They're trading for Machado to replace Seager because he's on the DL and they're missing the offense they had at SS.  Machado can sign wherever he likes in what, 5 months?

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe I'm lower on those guys than you, but I'd like a better combination of floor/upside when we're dealing Carlos Martinez.  Luiz Gohara seems destined for the bullpen, I believe the last time he averaged over 5 IP per game it was back in 2016.  Don't mind Kyle Wright, but not huge on him.  High floor, I just question how much legitimate upside he has.  As for Pache, I don't think he differs a whole lot from Magneuris Sierra whom they dealt last offseason.  I'd just prefer someone with a bit more legitimate upside.

Yeah man that's just not a good evaluation on Pache...

He's not that much different at all from Robles 2 years ago.

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Thats literally one of the worst comps Ive ever seen on this site, and Ive been to NFL General.

Archived