Players on your teams trade block?

RaidersAreOne

Cyrus Jones - a former second round pick with athleticism, potential as a returner, and ability to work in the slot. Downsides include injury history, inability to play outside corner, and a lack of experience in the NFL despite being into his third year already.

1 hour ago, pigsooie5 said:

Jordan Howard. Despite the statements to the contrary, reports came out that Ryan Pace actively pursued LeVeon Bell and even offered a 2019 2nd which was turned down by Pittsburgh. 

Not a good scheme fit for Nagy.

If they were interested in Le'Veon Bell while having a running back the caliber Jordan Howard, I would think they would have offered Howard himself as part of the deal.

27 minutes ago, Crickett said:

If they were interested in Le'Veon Bell while having a running back the caliber Jordan Howard, I would think they would have offered Howard himself as part of the deal.

Yea i feel like trading for Bell and not simultaneously dealing Howard would lose Chicago alot of trade leverage 

On 6/16/2018 at 11:57 PM, DoleINGout said:

Cyrus Jones - a former second round pick with athleticism, potential as a returner, and ability to work in the slot. Downsides include injury history, inability to play outside corner, and a lack of experience in the NFL despite being into his third year already.

that sounds alot like Senquez Golson 

On 6/17/2018 at 9:42 AM, Crickett said:

I would take that deal.  In a heartbeat.  Don't take much of a hit while opening up a ton of cap to make moves defensively.

9 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Right now, Braxton Miller can be had for a six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade. 

As an OSU fan, I always thought that at the NFL level his best projection would be as a RB, although his injury concerns probably eliminated that. His best assets were as a ball carrier and dynamic playmaker after the catch/in the open field. He has/had a great burst, great vision, and acceleration/change of direction. I don't know that he ever was/was going to be a natural pass catcher or route runner, which is a shame considering his unbelievable physical gifts which in theory would have made him a natural. He's also 25, so it's not like he's a 21/22 year old kid trying to figure it out either.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:
On 6/17/2018 at 9:42 AM, Crickett said:

I would take that deal.  In a heartbeat.  Don't take much of a hit while opening up a ton of cap to make moves defensively.

Bell as a receiver is such a big part of your offense though. Jordan Howard has stone hands

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

As an OSU fan, I always thought that at the NFL level his best projection would be as a RB, although his injury concerns probably eliminated that. His best assets were as a ball carrier and dynamic playmaker after the catch/in the open field. He has/had a great burst, great vision, and acceleration/change of direction. I don't know that he ever was/was going to be a natural pass catcher or route runner, which is a shame considering his unbelievable physical gifts which in theory would have made him a natural. He's also 25, so it's not like he's a 21/22 year old kid trying to figure it out either.

He had the talent to be a Percy Harvin type player, but he was/is incredibly raw - he hasn't evolved in any aspect of the game, and has even regressed in terms of his open field running (he was a disaster as a return guy, just ran into the first Texans jersey he saw).

Maybe if the team could manufacture looks for him on jet sweeps and screens he'd find himself in a position to succeed, but he's so far down the totem pole nowadays - why create plays for him when you can look for Hopkins or Fuller with little effort in regards to creating plays to isolate them against coverage?

There's also murmurings that he's a bit entitled - living off of his reputation at OSU as the BMOC when he played QB, and he never put in the time to learn his craft. I won't put too much stock into it, but worthy of note...

10 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

He had the talent to be a Percy Harvin type player, but he was/is incredibly raw - he hasn't evolved in any aspect of the game, and has even regressed in terms of his open field running (he was a disaster as a return guy, just ran into the first Texans jersey he saw).

Maybe if the team could manufacture looks for him on jet sweeps and screens he'd find himself in a position to succeed, but he's so far down the totem pole nowadays - why create plays for him when you can look for Hopkins or Fuller with little effort in regards to creating plays to isolate them against coverage?

There's also murmurings that he's a bit entitled - living off of his reputation at OSU as the BMOC when he played QB, and he never put in the time to learn his craft. I won't put too much stock into it, but worthy of note...

From the outside looking in, he doesn't seem really comfortable there, he doesn't have close to the juice/swagger he had at tOSU. He looks so tight and wound up.

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The main major issue that I had with OSU when Braxton moved from QB to slot/H back as a senior was that they didn't utilize him in the return game (punts or kickoffs) to get meaningful reps for that exact reason. There's a science to it...more of a one cut and then go verses dancing around, etc. Even as an H type, they only utilized about 2-3 different routes (go, post corner, and jet sweep touch "pass", which is basically a 6 inch forward pass ala jet sweep).

Yeah, there is a life-span/shelf life on guys like that. They could be Tyreke Hill/Percy Harvin but they'd better figure it out in their first 2-3 years. Not only the issues that you mentioned, but schematically there's only 1 football, so if you're looking to get touches and already have those athletes that you mentioned PLUS Watson at QB with that added threat (I so hope that he comes back 100% healthy), why run those looks if you can do other things? Unless they move to a 2 RB system with him in the gun in a RPO manner where he's getting sweeps and able to be a dynamic playmaking receiving threat out of the backfield, he's not going to be a good fit. If the Texans move on from him, about the only team I could see even MAYBE having him succeed would be New England, and with the Michele draft pick that isn't likely either.

If that's the case, that's really too bad. He was the consummate team guy at OSU, voluntarily moving to WR (granted his injury to his shoulder was part of it), was very quiet, never got into trouble, and was a very hard worker and humble kid.

Archived