Jump to content
pwny

Ranking the roster - #16

#16?  

8 members have voted

  1. 1. #16?

    • Cam Robinson
    • Marqise Lee
    • Taven Bryan
      0
    • Jermey Parnell
    • Josh Lambo
    • T.J. Yeldon
      0
    • Donte Moncrief
    • D.J. Hayden
      0
    • Ronnie Harrison
      0
    • Abry Jones
      0
    • Other (please specify)
      0


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, iPwn said:

That isn't how you build an offensive line. The RT position is predominantly more focused on run blocking than the LT is. You're also asking players to change the way they block by flipping behaviors if you just throw someone on the opposite side of the line. 

2 words Brah. Tyron Smith who was a College RT and a Franchise LT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

2 words Brah. Tyron Smith who was a College RT and a Franchise LT. 

That is downplaying the incredible talent that Smith is. It's not as easy as just saying it and it happening or else we'd see RTs switching to the blindside every year. Especially when players go down teams would just switch them to the left side. 

OH Jason Peters went down? Lane Johnson is a top tier RT so have him switch to LT to make up for Peters being out since it's the more important position and throw the backup at RT. No! It doesn't work like that. As much as I wish it would, but this isn't Madden or a simulation game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

2 words Brah. Tyron Smith who was a College RT and a Franchise LT. 

Wasn't Sam Baker or another good college LT a longtime starter there? Thats why Smith never played there but he also had the tools to be great there and crazy athleticism 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wasn't Sam Baker or another good college LT a longtime starter there? Thats why Smith never played there but he also had the tools to be great there and crazy athleticism 

At that time I believe it was Matt Kalil who was on the left side. Kalil was a highly touted LT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jags said:

At that time I believe it was Matt Kalil who was on the left side. Kalil was a highly touted LT. 

That makes sense. Baker is like 33 now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

2 words Brah. Tyron Smith who was a College RT and a Franchise LT. 

You’re talking about arguably the most skilled offensive lineman in the entire NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iPwn said:

You’re talking about arguably the most skilled offensive lineman in the entire NFL. 

he was a RT who made the switch in the pros.  how about jake Matthews who was a RT for 3 years and moved over to LT his senior year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jags said:

That is downplaying the incredible talent that Smith is. It's not as easy as just saying it and it happening or else we'd see RTs switching to the blindside every year. Especially when players go down teams would just switch them to the left side. 

OH Jason Peters went down? Lane Johnson is a top tier RT so have him switch to LT to make up for Peters being out since it's the more important position and throw the backup at RT. No! It doesn't work like that. As much as I wish it would, but this isn't Madden or a simulation game. 

i gurantee you Lane Johnson can Play LT.  athletic as hell.  

Jason Peters went from TE(college) to RT to LT in the NFL.  IT can be done. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

he was a RT who made the switch in the pros.  how about jake Matthews who was a RT for 3 years and moved over to LT his senior year.  

You naming off a few players who have made the switch from one position to another doesn't mean that you can just plug whoever into whatever position you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iPwn said:

You naming off a few players who have made the switch from one position to another doesn't mean that you can just plug whoever into whatever position you want. 

u can try different Line combos out in otas and see if certain guys can play and handle other positions. it helps if guys get hurt so you can have your choices of options. 

FWIW Parnell has Played LT out in Dallas when Smith was hurt in 2012. clearly has some decent ability to play LT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling this one for Cam. I’ll have the next thread up later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×