The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

Jeezla

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

KC assuming it's a dynasty league. Whoever KC takes will likely start out as the #2 behind Williams. But Williams always misses games for injury and this is the last year of his deal.

Also in Kansas City the RB won't be ran into the ground with a lot of carries and should still have some miles left after their rookie contract. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, N4L said:

I'm looking for a mid round runner who fits the zbs and can catch passes. Does anyone have any names I should check out? 

Also check out Darrynton Evans. I like Zack Moss too, but he doesn't really fit with the sort of runner Shanny has pursued in SF (he's more like Alfred Morris as a runner, but Moss is a really good pass-catcher).

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 10:32 AM, jrry32 said:

Watch Ke'Shawn Vaughn.

I like his build. He is thick. Very powerful. runs with good pad level. I dont like his feet though, felt a touch slow for the pros. He did have times where the feet looked up to par, but there were more plays when I didnt like his lateral movement or agility. 

He definitely looked great when he was able to find the crease and explode through it. Was great at running downhill. He can get to the outside but hes not a guy that will take a long play to the house. He is more of a doubles and triples guy rather than a guy that hits homeruns. I am fine with that, just saying he doesnt have top end speed or the ability to change directions once he hits his top gear. That is part of the reason I dont like his feet, he isnt a guy who could cut more than once and maintain speed, but he does make up for that with power. 

There were times when it felt like the vision was lacking or that he was overthinking it at times. when the crease wasnt there it was hard for him to do much other than try and plow his way through guys. There wasnt enough wiggle for the modern day game imo. Im sure thats why his agent told him not to do the cone drills. He seems like he is slow laterally. I dont want a runner without short area quickness. a huge part of that is your feet and how you get in and out of your breaks. 

I do like that they have him pass block. Not enough college runners have that experience. thats definitely something the niners need, a RB who can catch passes and also pass block. Vaughn seems like he will be adequate at both. 

What round is he slated to be drafted in? Id say hes a 5th rounder. Doesnt feel like the guy the niners draft tbh

Edited by N4L

On 3/23/2020 at 11:28 AM, jrry32 said:

Also check out Darrynton Evans. I like Zack Moss too, but he doesn't really fit with the sort of runner Shanny has pursued in SF (he's more like Alfred Morris as a runner, but Moss is a really good pass-catcher).

Darrynton evans is going to be a good pro. I love his feet and his short area quickness. He accelerates through his cuts. 

This is going to be a weird comp but he reminds me of deebo samuel with the ball in his hands. Very similar builds (deebo 5'11 215, 4.48, 39 vert, 15 reps vs Evans 5'10 205,  4.41, 39 vert, 20 reps) and both guys run HARD. That doesnt mean evans has the most power, but he attacks the hole when he gets the ball in his hands and seems to slash defenses. I love the explosiveness. I also like his length.

He has very good decision making. Its not just his vision but how he processes information. A lot of guys with speed always try and outrun people when they feel trapped. He tends to be able to take a step to the outside, force a defender to take a step, then immediately cuts upfield with his head down trying to fall forward. I love that. its the quick decision that can be the difference between a punt and a first down. 

I didnt see him do that well catching passes out of the backfield, but it didnt seem like his QB was really looking for him all that often in that situation either, so TBD. I do think he looks like he will be very good out of the backfield. The more I watch the guy the more I love him. Hes really really really talented. 

What round will he be picked? Id take him in the 4th for the niners if we had a 4th lol. hopefully hes there in the 5th. Probably not though. could even go in the third to be honest. 

I didnt even look at moss, because evans is the guy I want now lol Hes going to end up on the cardinals though now that I want him. 

12 hours ago, N4L said:

Darrynton evans is going to be a good pro. I love his feet and his short area quickness. He accelerates through his cuts. 

This is going to be a weird comp but he reminds me of deebo samuel with the ball in his hands. Very similar builds (deebo 5'11 215, 4.48, 39 vert, 15 reps vs Evans 5'10 205,  4.41, 39 vert, 20 reps) and both guys run HARD. That doesnt mean evans has the most power, but he attacks the hole when he gets the ball in his hands and seems to slash defenses. I love the explosiveness. I also like his length.

He has very good decision making. Its not just his vision but how he processes information. A lot of guys with speed always try and outrun people when they feel trapped. He tends to be able to take a step to the outside, force a defender to take a step, then immediately cuts upfield with his head down trying to fall forward. I love that. its the quick decision that can be the difference between a punt and a first down. 

I didnt see him do that well catching passes out of the backfield, but it didnt seem like his QB was really looking for him all that often in that situation either, so TBD. I do think he looks like he will be very good out of the backfield. The more I watch the guy the more I love him. Hes really really really talented. 

What round will he be picked? Id take him in the 4th for the niners if we had a 4th lol. hopefully hes there in the 5th. Probably not though. could even go in the third to be honest. 

I didnt even look at moss, because evans is the guy I want now lol Hes going to end up on the cardinals though now that I want him. 

3rd to 4th

Evans seems to fit your scheme well. I'm not super high on him for the Rams because of pass protection. Vaughn is a 5th rounder.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

3rd to 4th

Evans seems to fit your scheme well. I'm not super high on him for the Rams because of pass protection. Vaughn is a 5th rounder.

Yeah, Evans didn't do anything in pass pro that I saw. Would kinda just stand there. Looked more like he was trying to fake a screen than actually hit anyone

Niners currently have no runners who can pass block or are legitimate threats catching the ball. It's time. 

Vaughn definitely looked a lot better in pass pro

Also, I nailed those values. I said Vaughn was a 5th rounder and posted 3rd or 4th on Evans in the niners forum. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yeah, Evans didn't do anything in pass pro that I saw. Would kinda just stand there. Looked more like he was trying to fake a screen than actually hit anyone

Niners currently have no runners who can pass block or are legitimate threats catching the ball. It's time. 

Vaughn definitely looked a lot better in pass pro

Vaughn is quite good in pass pro, but I agree with you on his report. He looked faster in 2018, but his speed isn't really explosive. It's more build-up speed. And he's not a guy who will string moves together. He's very much a one cut and go runner. Once he goes, he'll run through tackles and finish with authority, but he's not making a lot of cuts.

• Like 1

This is a very good RB class. D’Andre Swift is a great feature do-it-all my back. My favorite coming out since Barkley. 

CEH is also a feature do-it-all back and is being massively slept on. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s the 2nd RB taken. He’s extremely well rounded. 

Johnathan Taylor is a great work horse back. Great speed and power. Not the greatest for passing downs, which is why he could slip a bit, but he is a workhorse. 

Cam Akers getting slept on. Could be a starter in a 2-back system. Akers can it all as well. Although not the greatest pure runner compared to some. 

And I love Zack Moss in the 3rd-4th Round. Think he’s gonna be a baller. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 8:05 PM, BayRaider said:

CEH is also a feature do-it-all back and is being massively slept on. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s the 2nd RB taken. He’s extremely well rounded. 

He has some of the best feet I have ever seen. The short stature helps him in and out of his breaks. He has really great instincts. unbelievable short area burst while maintaining power. Hes very good out of the backfield catching passes as well. A natural. 

I think his NFL comp is Brian Westbrook. similar measurables except CEH is shorter. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

On 3/23/2020 at 4:41 AM, KhanYouDigIt said:

I need Cam Akers on the Jags.

Why would you want a RB with no vision?

Cam Akers is athletically what you want in a RB.  Unfortunately he lacks the natural instincts for the position.

1 hour ago, N4L said:

He has some of the best feet I have ever seen. The short stature helps him in and out of his breaks. He has really great instincts. unbelievable short area burst while maintaining power. Hes very good out of the backfield catching passes as well. A natural. 

I think his NFL comp is Brian Westbrook. similar measurables except CEH is shorter. What do you guys think?

Yeah like a mix of Ray Rice and BW

Edited by brownie man