The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

Jeezla

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Jonathan Taylor could be a nice change of pace guy for that offense but honestly I think they would go with Etienne or Swift over Taylor because of the speed and big play ability and potentially fitting that offense better.  Taylor fits is but does not have the make you miss in a small space those guys have.

giphy.gif

Edited by BrownLeader

36 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

giphy.gif

You honestly think Jonathan Taylor is as quick laterally as Swift and Etienne?  Swift could run circles in a small space around Taylor.  Taylor is no Barry Sanders last time I checked, Swift can make you drop on the ground with his quickness.  Taylor does not have that and is far more straight line.  He could fit though because who has not fit in that run system, Damien Williams has been successful, and old LeSean McCoy, Darrel Williams even has had some success not to mention Darwin Thompson and Spencer Ware had a time of production as well and Knile Davis also.  So if those guys could fit in the system Taylor could if they really wanted a RB and could be a decent value late 1st round but there is tons of options in the 2nd and 3rd round as well.

I could see them taking Swift late 1st round this year and that could be a massive win for them and just another weapon to add to the system.  

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I agree I think the Chiefs get a RB no doubt.  Harris like someone has said is returning to school I believe unless he changes his mind last minute.  But if Dobbins drops he would be the ideal but not very likely.  Jonathan Taylor could be a nice change of pace guy for that offense but honestly I think they would go with Etienne or Swift over Taylor because of the speed and big play ability and potentially fitting that offense better.  Taylor fits is but does not have the make you miss in a small space those guys have.

I doubt they draft a AJ Dillon type but maybe and he is an option.  Could see a variety of backs going there and doing well, like Zach Moss, Eno Benjamin, Michael Warren II, KeShawn Vaughn and Patrick Taylor all could do quite well and would be more mid round guys.  Or I could see them getting a Malcolm Perry type and using him creatively and ripping up the NFL with his speed and run after the catch ability.  

The offense is tricky for a RB. Run a lot of shotgun and the OL is weak in run blocking. 

RB needs to be able to take first contact behind the LOS and keep going. Why Kareem Hunt found success. Jamal Charles was so fast he could succeed in any system.

Reid still believes in pass blocking for snaps. If they can’t pass block they’re doghoused, because you can’t get Mahomes killed.

22 hours ago, Ozzy said:

You honestly think Jonathan Taylor is as quick laterally as Swift and Etienne?  Swift could run circles in a small space around Taylor.  Taylor is no Barry Sanders last time I checked, Swift can make you drop on the ground with his quickness.  Taylor does not have that and is far more straight line.  He could fit though because who has not fit in that run system, Damien Williams has been successful, and old LeSean McCoy, Darrel Williams even has had some success not to mention Darwin Thompson and Spencer Ware had a time of production as well and Knile Davis also.  So if those guys could fit in the system Taylor could if they really wanted a RB and could be a decent value late 1st round but there is tons of options in the 2nd and 3rd round as well.

I could see them taking Swift late 1st round this year and that could be a massive win for them and just another weapon to add to the system.  

Swift is RB#1 to me and yeah, probably laterally quicker than Taylor. But Etienne?  

I think Taylor's top trait as a runner is his ability to burst through tight spaces. Etienne is more the straight line speed guy rn. He might be the fastest and have the most upside, but he's not as natural a runner as Swift and Taylor.

Edited by BrownLeader

Things that you love about JT as a RB don't "measure", like how his ballcarrier vision is as good as any RB prospect I've seen, to go with the patience, instincts, and ability to setup blockers, while having the ability to burst into holes/tight windows.

He's also got great strength and yards after contact ability.

Between Swift, JT, Dobbins, Etienne, and Edwards-Helaire, this RB and WR class is turning out to be loaded.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Things that you love about JT as a RB don't "measure", like how his ballcarrier vision is as good as any RB prospect I've seen, to go with the patience, instincts, and ability to setup blockers, while having the ability to burst into holes/tight windows.

He's also got great strength and yards after contact ability.

Between Swift, JT, Dobbins, Etienne, and Edwards-Helaire, this RB and WR class is turning out to be loaded.

My favorite quote/comment about him that I heard this year from I believe Joel Klatt was that what sets him apart from other backs is his vision/patience “he finds holes where there aren’t any”. Pretty high praise and something that really can’t be taught. Plus he will interview well because he is mad smart.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Same as Najee and Chuba returning.  Bad bad decision.

This one to me sticks out as an even worse decision just with how many touches and hits he’s already taken having gotten a lot of run since he stepped on to campus. I don’t remember too many, if any,  college RBs who started or got significant playing time since their freshman year and stayed until their senior year and didn’t burn out early in the NFL. He’s not the biggest back either although he has added noticeable strength throughout his college career. 

Edit : Just looked it up, he’s got considerably less carries than most starting RBs throughout his career at Clemson, combined a total of 574 touches or something like that. That’s like two years of Jonathon Taylor usage. But the added year won’t benefit him at all with wear on the tires and another year older when trying to get his second NFL contract. 

Edited by Fureys49ers

20 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Same as Najee and Chuba returning.  Bad bad decision.

Lol not if they enjoy playing college ball. Don't get calling these young men stupid for making a tough decision. I get it messes up u guys draft boards but u will get over it.