The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

Jeezla

Moss is one where his testing is fine for the player you see on tape, he's a chain mover who can run through contact, make guys miss in the hole, contribute in the passing game and pass protect like a beast. He's not a fit for all schemes, but if you're scouting anyone based solely on their combine output then you are doing all of this wrong. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Moss is one where his testing is fine for the player you see on tape, he's a chain mover who can run through contact, make guys miss in the hole, contribute in the passing game and pass protect like a beast. He's not a fit for all schemes, but if you're scouting anyone based solely on their combine output then you are doing all of this wrong. 

Don’t worry, no one scouts just based on the combine.

1 hour ago, badgers0821 said:

Taylor looked rough in the drills, he stumbled, went the wrong way, and dropped at least one pass.

Ah, that's a shame. He was dynamite at Arizona, and I know that some team sources preferred him to Benjamin. On tape, he's a very smooth mover and makes guys miss fairly consistently, but he also runs rugged in contact. I guess my best comp for him is NOT Tarik Cohen, which everyone jumps to with short backs, but more of a (dwarfed) Mark Ingram. He's not the same level as Ingram, obviously, but he could be a quality platoon back based off of his film.

Edited by HoboRocket

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Who are the top 7 backs in this draft?

and how many of them will actually be good?

1. JK Dobbins
2. Jonathan Taylor
3. D'Andre Swift
4. Cam Akers
5. Anthony McFarland
6. Clyde Edwards-Helaire
7. AJ Dillon

that'd be my list.

I think they're all going to be good. Deejay Dallas is good too.

Where do you all think CEH gets drafted? Is he a dark horse to go late 1st? Obviously smaller backs like him are never considered to be 1st round material. Seems to be mocked in the mid 2nd regularly. I can't imagine any team passing on him if for some reason he is available in the ealry 3rd.

His 4.6 flat didn't surprise me as long speed is basically his only weakness. Still it might be enough of a flaw to kill his outside shot at being a 1st round selection. There is no way you can't love his ability to put defenders on ice skates everytime he touches the ball. Love his build with that thick lower body, elite contact balance and ball security. Change of pace receiving backs usually lack all of said traits. CEH is a dynamic mover in space with smooth hands who will put the clown costume on LBs trying to stay with him. Imagine him on the Chiefs, 49ers or Pats. Match made in heaven. That's why I consider him a dark horse in the late 1st.

30 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Where do you all think CEH gets drafted? Is he a dark horse to go late 1st? Obviously smaller backs like him are never considered to be 1st round material. Seems to be mocked in the mid 2nd regularly. I can't imagine any team passing on him if for some reason he is available in the ealry 3rd.

I think he goes in the late 1st. I think it will be a bit of a reach, but people freaking love RB's that can catch out of the backfield. If a dude like Sony Michel was taken in the late 1st, there's no reason to think CEH won't.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think he goes in the late 1st. I think it will be a bit of a reach, but people freaking love RB's that can catch out of the backfield. If a dude like Sony Michel was taken in the late 1st, there's no reason to think CEH won't.

Finding it hard to match prospects to teams this year. There are some good players in the class for sure - but there aren't that many teams who have an obvious need at the position to the point where they would be looking to grab one early. Plus it feels like every year there is less reason to take one high. It wouldn't surprise me if some good backs end up in 2nd and 3rd round when they would have gone way higher in years past.

Edited by goldfishwars
  • Like 1