The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

Jeezla

21 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Knile Davis with vision would have been NASTY.

Exactly my point. If he could just get to the second level he’d do damage. More likely to run into the backs of his own linemen for no gain though. Didn’t have that issue returning kicks.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Oh wow, that highlight video sure proved me wrong. He was stiff and sloppy catching the ball. His athletic profile didn't show up in the drills at all.

Also watch his tape instead of 2 reps if you think he can contribute in the passing game, he won't. He could be a great change of pace compliment to a starter, or a very scheme specific back that can hurt teams at the end of the game or during cold season. 

Dillon will be a fine pro. Is he Derrick Henry? Not even close. But these stupid drills don’t disqualify what he did in college. He will start for someone I bet. He would only fit with certain teams committed to power football, but there’s enough of those teams out there. 

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Dillon will be a fine pro. Is he Derrick Henry? Not even close. But these stupid drills don’t disqualify what he did in college. He will start for someone I bet. He would only fit with certain teams committed to power football, but there’s enough of those teams out there. 

I didn't say they were disqualifying, merely a point that if you're gonna rave about his athleticism at the combine then don't limit to the testing results. The work he did in the drills kinda reflected what you saw on tape, someone who is not an easy mover or who will contribute much in the passing game. His tape is good for a team who won't mind that, or can find a role for it. He's a power back with some home hitting ability, that's gonna be valuable for those teams. 

• Like 1

2021: 

Penn State RB Journey Brown emerged as the leader of the stable of runningbacks we had last season. At Penn State's Winter Workout's he benched 395 lbs (he is 5'11" 211 lbs). He's also reportedly ran a 4.29 last spring.

On 3/5/2020 at 7:23 AM, Danger said:

2021: 

Penn State RB Journey Brown emerged as the leader of the stable of runningbacks we had last season. At Penn State's Winter Workout's he benched 395 lbs (he is 5'11" 211 lbs). He's also reportedly ran a 4.29 last spring.

He also reportedly has a 52” vert and killed a lion with his bare hands.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2020 at 9:40 PM, The LBC said:

I actually like Dillon as a prospect, but just because Derrick Henry has been dominant for a season-and-a-quarter , when he was largely pedestrian in his time-prior in the pro's, doesn't mean that a guy with a similar build or similar running style is going to be able to just replicate what Henry does for any team that drafts him, much less do it with the same or quicker immediacy.

I personally have him in the camp that falls right behind Akers (my RB4) in with a cluster of guys whose order I'd expect them to come off the board will largely have to do with scheme-fits.  Dillon is a good consolation prize for a team that is targeting Dobbins and misses out on him.  He's not a guy you'd do well asking to sit waiting for complex blocking schemes to develop.  He's a see-hole-send-him guy who, at least from what I've seen, has shown less than several others in that same cluster to suggest he's got great three-down potential.

There are teams that will more heavily use a runner of his type and a good number of teams that either don't all that much or already have someone on the roster who fills to that role for them.  Kind of similar to how Blount was so effective (statistically, at least, and much of that was usage) for the Pats, but when the Lions brought him in he was effectively JAG.

Pats,  I love to see him drafted by Pats

Dillon is perfect. Does the last name ring a bell! He plays the same way as ( when he played for the Pats) Cory, also the same as Antwone Smith.  I laugh when they talk about his drills. Who cares, just watch the film. Do you think Bettis, Dillon, Cambell would excel in those drill made for smaller players.  Oh by the way he caught the ball at the combine he did well enough to send him out for short passes.   Goal line one of the best in the draft .

I would use him with James White. Cover White,  Dillon kills you with the run and the other team can't load up with DBs

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 1:37 AM, goldfishwars said:

Also watch his tape instead of 2 reps if you think he can contribute in the passing game, he won't. He could be a great change of pace compliment to a starter, or a very scheme specific back that can hurt teams at the end of the game or during cold season. 

Pete Carroll licking his chops. 

What is the best environment out of the needy RB teams for a back to go to?

Miami

Houston

Atlanta

Kansas City 

Baltimore

Tampa

those are the most likely teams to go RB early 

I’ve got the number 1 pick and I’m thinking what situation is eventually going to give me the most value. 

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Miami

Houston

Atlanta

Kansas City 

Baltimore

Tampa

I’ve got the number 1 pick and I’m thinking what situation is eventually going to give me the most value. 

Tennessee if they don't re-sign Henry.

9 hours ago, brownie man said:

Miami

Houston

Atlanta

Kansas City 

Baltimore

Tampa

KC assuming it's a dynasty league. Whoever KC takes will likely start out as the #2 behind Williams. But Williams always misses games for injury and this is the last year of his deal.