The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

Jeezla

RB class doesn’t get talked about enough compared to the WR class. The top 6 are studs imo. Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, CEH, Akers, and Moss. And those Top 4 are pretty dang legit. 

Then you have a bunch of 4th-5th Round guys who are instant duo and/or spell backs. 

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

RB class doesn’t get talked about enough compared to the WR class. The top 6 are studs imo. Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, CEH, Akers, and Moss. And those Top 4 are pretty dang legit. 

Then you have a bunch of 4th-5th Round guys who are instant duo and/or spell backs. 

I have late first grades on Taylor and Swift and very early second grades on Dobbins and Akers. It’s a good class.

4 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I have late first grades on Taylor and Swift and very early second grades on Dobbins and Akers. It’s a good class.

For me:

Swift - #23

Taylor - #33

Dobbins - #37

CEH - #44

Akers - #52

Moss - #76 (I need to move him up though, he’s a beast)

Edited by BayRaider

I'm surprised there isn't more love for JK Dobbins as the best RB in this class.  To me he's the clear cut best RB prospect.  Swift and Taylor honestly don't compare.  After Dobbins I like Zack Moss.  He's the sleeper in this RB class.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, VanS said:

I'm surprised there isn't more love for JK Dobbins as the best RB in this class.  To me he's the clear cut best RB prospect.  Swift and Taylor honestly don't compare.  After Dobbins I like Zack Moss.  He's the sleeper in this RB class.

I agree that Dobbins is the best RB in the draft, but i don't think he's that far ahead of everyone else. I also really like CEH, J. Taylor and D. Swift. 
All 4 are future NFL starters and I could teams preferring 1 option over the other, depending on scheme or physical traits. 
I like Moss but I think he's far behind those 4. I see Eno Benjamin as the sleeper of this class

Edited by MagicMT

On 4/6/2020 at 4:17 AM, VanS said:

Why would you want a RB with no vision?

Cam Akers is athletically what you want in a RB.  Unfortunately he lacks the natural instincts for the position.

That’s just not true at all. He did more with less than any other RB in this class. Constantly had 2 D-lineman in the backfield by the time he got the ball and would make something out of nothing due to his vision and ability to make the 1st and 2nd defender miss.

He needs to improve in pass pro (just technique, he has the strength) and keep improving as a receiver but he’s a stud.

Just for S&Gs, I'll post my top 10...

1. Jonathan Taylor | RB | Wisconsin
2. JK Dobbins | RB | Ohio State
3. D'Andre Swift | RB | Georgia
4. Clyde Edwards-Helaire | RB | LSU
5. Zack Moss | RB | Utah
6. Darrynton Evans | RB | Appalachian State
7. Cam Akers | RB | Florida State
8. Ke'Shawn Vaughn | RB | Vanderbilt
9. Reggie Corbin | RB | Illinois
10. AJ Dillon | RB | Boston College

Nothing too controversial. Could see people losing their minds over having Evans over Akers though it's really 6a and 6b but I didn't want to totally cop out lol.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, VanS said:

Did you follow him throughout college? If you did you would realize why he isn’t as high of a prospect on most people's lists.

44 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Did you follow him throughout college? If you did you would realize why he isn’t as high of a prospect on most people's lists.

I did watch him in college.  I've been impressed with him since he showed out as a true freshmen in his first game against Indiana.  What do you think he did in college that warrrants people not being high on him as a prospect?

39 minutes ago, VanS said:

I did watch him in college.  I've been impressed with him since he showed out as a true freshmen in his first game against Indiana.  What do you think he did in college that warrrants people not being high on him as a prospect?

Check out his sophomore season when Haskins was the QB, that will tell you all you need to know.

1 hour ago, badgers0821 said:

Check out his sophomore season when Haskins was the QB, that will tell you all you need to know.

Their interior OL was absolutely huge and extremely slow-footed (6-6, 6-7, 6-7, 6-4, 6-7) and that line as a unit simply couldn't run block worth a crap. Replacing those guys with 3 future NFL OL in Jackson, Myers, and Davis made a huge difference.

I don't think Dobbins is some can't miss RB prospect, but I don't think him having a "down" year in 2018 says much when it's sandwiched in between a 2,000 yard final season and running for 7.3 YPC and 1,400 as a true frosh. The holes simply weren't there in 2018. Mike Weber lost about 0.7 YPC behind that line too.

• Like 1

Dobbins #1. Swift #2. 

Then there is a drop off. Dobbins will be elite. Swift will be great. There aren’t really any RBs getting draftable grades that I don’t think will be at least solid. Moss and Vaughn are the two I am most skeptical about going in R3-4 just because I don’t think they have game-breaking speed. A bit limited, but they are still good. 

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Dobbins #1. Swift #2. 

Then there is a drop off. Dobbins will be elite. Swift will be great. There aren’t really any RBs getting draftable grades that I don’t think will be at least solid. Moss and Vaughn are the two I am most skeptical about going in R3-4 just because I don’t think they have game-breaking speed. A bit limited, but they are still good. 

To hell with game-breaking speed, Moss is a beast. His violent running style and college workload are concerns, but if you're taking him in the third round, you're happy with five to six years of strong production.

• Like 1