The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

Jeezla

On 11/3/2019 at 2:10 PM, Fureys49ers said:

Joshua Kelley, UCLA

Zach Moss, Utah

I don't have time to go super in depth at the moment, but Zach Moss would easily be an end of the 1st Round type RB if RB were as highly valued as they used to be. Thus, he could conceivably go late 1st-early 2nd or his injury history could see him be one of those guys struggling to rise above the 6th round, if he's even drafted. His talent is undeniable and he has production to match. 

Kelley is frustrating. He's by far the best player on a not-so-good team. Little bit of an injury bug. Chip Kelly is known for churning out great college RBs that don't really amount to anything in the pros. Like Moss, someone could fall in love with him and take a stab somewhere in the 2nd-3rd or he might go entirely undrafted. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 6:37 AM, ronjon1990 said:

I don't have time to go super in depth at the moment, but Zach Moss would easily be an end of the 1st Round type RB if RB were as highly valued as they used to be. Thus, he could conceivably go late 1st-early 2nd or his injury history could see him be one of those guys struggling to rise above the 6th round, if he's even drafted. His talent is undeniable and he has production to match. 

Kelley is frustrating. He's by far the best player on a not-so-good team. Little bit of an injury bug. Chip Kelly is known for churning out great college RBs that don't really amount to anything in the pros. Like Moss, someone could fall in love with him and take a stab somewhere in the 2nd-3rd or he might go entirely undrafted. 

I see so much Kareem Hunt in Zach Moss’ game. I’m not saying he’ll have the instant production as Hunt had but from running style, balance, quickness, patience and even body make up they are super similar for me.

12 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

I see so much Kareem Hunt in Zach Moss’ game. I’m not saying he’ll have the instant production as Hunt had but from running style, balance, quickness, patience and even body make up they are super similar for me.

Yeah some team in the middle rounds is going to like him a lot.  Has great power and can run inside and outside, surprisingly good in the open field as well.  

In terms of guys who are great in a phone booth without awesome blocking, Reggie Corbin is one of those guys.  Awesome make you miss ability in the open field and very versatile back who can do a lot of things.  Also Kylin Hill is as good as some of the higher rated backs, just does not have the talent offensively to open things up for him like others have.  Quietly having a great season on a team where barely anyone could name a receiver on that Miss State roster honestly.  Yet Hill is still productive which helps show his talent.    Similar with Moss, everyone knows he is getting the ball yet they still cannot stop him.  

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah some team in the middle rounds is going to like him a lot.  Has great power and can run inside and outside, surprisingly good in the open field as well.  

In terms of guys who are great in a phone booth without awesome blocking, Reggie Corbin is one of those guys.  Awesome make you miss ability in the open field and very versatile back who can do a lot of things.  Also Kylin Hill is as good as some of the higher rated backs, just does not have the talent offensively to open things up for him like others have.  Quietly having a great season on a team where barely anyone could name a receiver on that Miss State roster honestly.  Yet Hill is still productive which helps show his talent.    Similar with Moss, everyone knows he is getting the ball yet they still cannot stop him.  

I feel like Rakeem Boyd might be getting more attention if he was on a better team too. 3rd in the SEC in rushing and averaging nearly 7 YPC. Doesn't have much wiggle but good combo of straight line speed and some power. Not sure if he'll declare early or not and he can't seem to handle more than 15 carries a game but seems to produce even with everyone gunning for him.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 9:44 AM, gohogs14 said:

I feel like Rakeem Boyd might be getting more attention if he was on a better team too. 3rd in the SEC in rushing and averaging nearly 7 YPC. Doesn't have much wiggle but good combo of straight line speed and some power. Not sure if he'll declare early or not and he can't seem to handle more than 15 carries a game but seems to produce even with everyone gunning for him.

I see Chris Carson at OK St when I watch Boyd run. Admittedly knew nothing about him till I saw your post similarly to how I first came on to Carson, someone mentioned him in here. Love the no nonsense, bully type RBs who have athleticism to be successful in other aspects of the position as well.

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2019 at 4:56 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Clyde Edwards Helaire is going to be a GOOD starter.

Watching him try to pass block was sad. He's pathetic at it. Has a ton of potential, but it's going to be hard for him to fully live up to it if he can't fix that part of his game.

On an unrelated note, I watched Ke'Shawn Vaughn, and I'm a fan. Explosive speed, power, good hands, requisite physicality in pass pro. Only thing that concerned me was vision. Had a tendency to bounce runs and missed some cutback lanes. But I wonder if Vandy's terrible blocking played a role.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Zack Moss would get drafted on his pass-pro alone, absolutely elite in that area. Picks up the blitz, seen him lead block - attack guys on the edge. He's a very good running back too, has an extra gear out in space, makes guys miss in a booth and can catch the football. I like him a lot. 

Hey man, saw you posted my McFarland cut above.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt2srpYNyoiiBEptuziASpg/videos

Posted two more McFarland cuts and some Javon Leake cuts yesterday. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Watching him try to pass block was sad. He's pathetic at it. Has a ton of potential, but it's going to be hard for him to fully live up to it if he can't fix that part of his game.

On an unrelated note, I watched Ke'Shawn Vaughn, and I'm a fan. Explosive speed, power, good hands, requisite physicality in pass pro. Only thing that concerned me was vision. Had a tendency to bounce runs and missed some cutback lanes. But I wonder if Vandy's terrible blocking played a role.

I haven't seen him pass block, will take a look. Is it size related?

The rest of his build as a prospect is tantalizing. Looked like a man amongst boys against Bama.

• Like 1