The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

Jeezla

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Remember, Michel going Rd1 was based on the belief his pass-catching abilities would develop (and maybe they're there, but James White has basically made it unnecessary to find out).

They’re not there, lol. He’s maybe a tiny hair above Adrian Peterson in terms of receiving skills.

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Harris returning is a very, very bad decision.  There's no upside for him.

So pissed I think he’s going to be a stud. 

but if he can show he has the talent he could be a first round pick. 

getting five years at first round pick money vs a third round pick is actually worth it honestly. 

he’s going to get serious shine in 2020 he might be the Heisman honestly 

As a Patriots fan D'Andre Swift is giving me Sony Michel cold sweats. Better in the passing game than Michel, tough runner and knows what he's doing in blitz pick-up - but I just wanted to see more juice as a runner. I like him, but not seeing what some others are when they talk about him being a nailed on 1st round talent. 

Watched a bunch of a few running backs, early thoughts are:-

D'Andre Swift - as above

JK Dobbins - Juicy runner, into top gear right away, not the thickest base but isn't shy in hitting it up, nice hands, looks for work in pass-pro - liked him a whole lot. Might be the best of the bunch coming out this year. 

Eno Benjamin - Reminded me of Devin Singletary in that they're both smaller and elusive without being fast. He's a little bouncier as a runner and not quite as strong. A little raw in pass-pro, but he's willing. I think he's a little underrated right now. 

Zack Moss - Elite in pass-pro, not seen a prospect relish that side of the job for a while. Average runner, but has quick feet to make guys miss in the hole. Can catch the football, but isn't a creator in the passing game. Polished enough at the small things to see the field early.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

D'Andre Swift - as above

JK Dobbins - Juicy runner, into top gear right away, not the thickest base but isn't shy in hitting it up, nice hands, looks for work in pass-pro - liked him a whole lot. Might be the best of the bunch coming out this year. 

Eno Benjamin - Reminded me of Devin Singletary in that they're both smaller and elusive without being fast. He's a little bouncier as a runner and not quite as strong. A little raw in pass-pro, but he's willing. I think he's a little underrated right now. 

Zack Moss - Elite in pass-pro, not seen a prospect relish that side of the job for a while. Average runner, but has quick feet to make guys miss in the hole. Can catch the football, but isn't a creator in the passing game. Polished enough at the small things to see the field early.

I know the top of this class at RB is strong but I think what makes this draft class special in terms of RBs coming out is the depth. Guys like Eno Benjamin, Zack Moss, Ke’Shawn Vaughn, Kylin Hill provide very good talent for what will probably be mid round selections.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Dumb

So let me get this straight, basically any good football player that returns to school to finish his degree and accomplish more in college is dumb?

Obviously some Bama players wanted to accomplish some more and that is why a few of the elite guys have returned.  If Deonte Brown also returns they will have a pretty solid OL along with Neal and Leatherwood.  And if a player is actually serious about completing their degree, returning to school now for some makes sense because they are in the routine of college.   If they leave school sure they could come back later and finish but some might struggle with that adjustment back to school life, I know I would.  Get it done while they are in the routine of it all if it means something to them.  

Next year it would not even be a question if Najee Harris is the best back in the draft.  So in that way it is smart of him, instead of falling to the 2nd round like he easily could have this year.  

Kind of sucks for Brian Robinson Jr, he could have really broke out next season but kid still has pro potential regardless.  And will be curious what Trey Sanders does returning from injury.  

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

So let me get this straight, basically any good football player that returns to school to finish his degree and accomplish more in college is dumb?

No. It depends on the situation. It's smart for plenty of guys to return. It's not smart for a HB who will go on Day 2 to return. It's almost always not smart for first round picks to return. It's not smart for guys who will go in the first three rounds despite injury concerns to return.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

No. It depends on the situation. It's smart for plenty of guys to return. It's not smart for a HB who will go on Day 2 to return. It's almost always not smart for first round picks to return. It's not smart for guys who will go in the first three rounds despite injury concerns to return.

I agree with this. He can finish his degree in the offseason. If he gets seriously hurt playing college ball, he loses any chance he had at a pay day. For an athlete, you need to earn that money while you can and spend your free time for building skills for when you can't be an athlete any more.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

D'Andre Swift - as above

Have you watched Ke'Shawn Vaughn? If not, watch him.

• Like 1