The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

Jeezla

15 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ok buddy. Kinda like how almost every Wisconsin RB fails when they don’t have that scheme to rely on in the NFL? You sound butthurt about OSU rolling over Wisconsin to be honest. 

Definitely not but hurt, I am mature enough not to let things like that affect how I view a particular player during draft analysis. Also I’m not sure what Wisconsin RBs have to do with JK Dobbins, he played for the Buckeyes.

But since you seem to be taking this so personally prove me wrong. Prove that he played better or just as good in 2018 when Haskins was his QB vs. 2017 and 2019 when he had Barrett and Fields (both running QBs). 

Finally I could say the same for you, hating on Wisconsin because they destroyed your Hurricanes back to back years while one program is a perennial top 15 team and on the upswing while the other team is a dumpster fire.

Edited by badgers0821

28 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ok buddy. Kinda like how almost every Wisconsin RB fails when they don’t have that scheme to rely on in the NFL? You sound butthurt about OSU rolling over Wisconsin to be honest. 

BTC, I am gonna point out this comment as well.  You don't need to call someone butthurt to get your point across.  

We're getting into draft season and I know there will be vigorous disagreements.  But I have seen you post enough to know that you could come up with another reason for his disagreement.  So I want to nip that in the bud.

You're a great poster and I love having you here in the draft thread.  Just phrase a little differently if you would please.

57 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

BTC, I am gonna point out this comment as well.  You don't need to call someone butthurt to get your point across.  

We're getting into draft season and I know there will be vigorous disagreements.  But I have seen you post enough to know that you could come up with another reason for his disagreement.  So I want to nip that in the bud.

You're a great poster and I love having you here in the draft thread.  Just phrase a little differently if you would please.

FWIW, Dobbins had the same TDs and yards as JT this year on less carries. 

Interesting that the buzz on Najee Harris is him coming back to school. I was surprised to hear that he was projected to be about a 3rd round pick. He seems to have all the tools to be a good NFL starter. That top-end speed isn’t really a key trait in the NFL at running back.

Watched Anthony McFarland. In terms of pure rushing and athletic ability, he was a fun evaluation. Twitchy, serious juice, and contact balance. But he didn't impress me as a receiver (albeit, there wasn't a lot to go off of in the games I watched) and he was quite poor in pass protection.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Watched Anthony McFarland. In terms of pure rushing and athletic ability, he was a fun evaluation. Twitchy, serious juice, and contact balance. But he didn't impress me as a receiver (albeit, there wasn't a lot to go off of in the games I watched) and he was quite poor in pass protection.

I love his ability as a pure runner. He’s got it all as a runner. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Raiders need a bigger back in the 3rd or 4th round. Who are some guys that fit that mold?

AJ Dillon, Eno Benjamin, Michael Warren, Scottie Phillips, Tony Jones Jr. 

Those are some backs who run with good power and either have the size, contact balance or strength to get short yardage and pound the rock inside. All should be available anywhere from the 3rd to 7th round for me. Kind of a wide range but basically that aren’t going day 1 and might go late on day 2 if they go day 2

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

AJ Dillon, Eno Benjamin, Michael Warren, Scottie Phillips, Tony Jones Jr. 

Those are some backs who run with good power and either have the size, contact balance or strength to get short yardage and pound the rock inside. All should be available anywhere from the 3rd to 7th round for me. Kind of a wide range but basically that aren’t going day 1 and might go late on day 2 if they go day 2

Some others would be Sewo Olonilua, Patrick Taylor and in the late rounds Tavien Feaster, James Robinson and Ty'Son Williams.  Big time sleeper is James Robinson from Illinois State, kid is a bowling ball out there and could turn some heads potentially, good thick build.  

AJ Dillon is the ideal, biggest and most impressive big  back in the draft, is probably legit 240 but could go 2nd round to the right team possibly.  Kid is huge though and has been wildly productive for three years in a row.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Some others would be Sewo Olonilua, Patrick Taylor and in the late rounds Tavien Feaster, James Robinson and Ty'Son Williams.  Big time sleeper is James Robinson from Illinois State, kid is a bowling ball out there and could turn some heads potentially, good thick build.  

AJ Dillon is the ideal, biggest and most impressive big  back in the draft, is probably legit 240 but could go 2nd round to the right team possibly.  Kid is huge though and has been wildly productive for three years in a row.

Feather and Robinson I’ve watched and there’s something there for sure, but I see them as more UDFA material, maybe a team takes a chance in the later rounds but you’re right, those guys as well.

As for Dillon, I think Henry and this showing in the postseason is helping him out tremendously. However I’m not sure Dillon is near the athlete Henry is and therefore may cause some hesitation for teams in round 2. I love Dillon though, dude is a legit tank out there. Would love to see this guy go somewhere where they’ll commit to feeding him at least enough for him to do what he’s best at, punish defenders and eat the clock. If he goes to a team with decent to good OL, so he can build momentum a bit before defenders reach him, he’s going to be fun to watch. 

45 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Feather and Robinson I’ve watched and there’s something there for sure, but I see them as more UDFA material, maybe a team takes a chance in the later rounds but you’re right, those guys as well.

As for Dillon, I think Henry and this showing in the postseason is helping him out tremendously. However I’m not sure Dillon is near the athlete Henry is and therefore may cause some hesitation for teams in round 2. I love Dillon though, dude is a legit tank out there. Would love to see this guy go somewhere where they’ll commit to feeding him at least enough for him to do what he’s best at, punish defenders and eat the clock. If he goes to a team with decent to good OL, so he can build momentum a bit before defenders reach him, he’s going to be fun to watch. 

Chasing Henry prototypes is going to be this off-season's fools gold. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

I'm in the minority and think he might test way better than people think

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 8:56 PM, badgers0821 said:

Let’s not pretend like a degree from Alabama means anything, a glorified associates degree.

I'm not even an Alabama fan and that's so disrespectful

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 8:57 PM, badgers0821 said:

I’ll just say it, Dobbins is way overrated and looks to be more a rotational back than a headliner. If you go back and look at 2018 you will see what I mean.

Buddy full of bad takes, I can understand the first part but if you do your research, you would know that Dobbins's lack of success (Still had 1,000 and 10 tds) was due to the inconsistency in the offensive line, they were horrible last year. They replaced 4 out of the 5 starters, and took off offensively

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm not even an Alabama fan and that's so disrespectful

Buddy full of bad takes, I can understand the first part but if you do your research, you would know that Dobbins's lack of success (Still had 1,000 and 10 tds) was due to the inconsistency in the offensive line, they were horrible last year. They replaced 4 out of the 5 starters, and took off offensively

Thank you for proving my point B|