The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

Jeezla

10 hours ago, warsawian said:

As a KC fan this makes me very sad, I had him as a lock with our first round pick.  No way Reid would have passed on adding such a talented speed back.  At least now I hope we go else where with our first and pick up a RB with our second round pick. 

Cam Akers at the end of the second with one of your guys two picks would be a hell of a compensation. 

Edited by Fureys49ers

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire would be very, very interesting in that offense.

Can’t decide if I like him or Zach Moss more,  really like both for our team.   Moss brings a toughness we lack,  but CEH would almost be plug and play. 

On 1/17/2020 at 5:12 PM, Ozzy said:

Ummm Gus Edwards on the Ravens is a free agent there buddy, and maybe they sign him maybe they do not.  And again Ingram's injury issues is a real issue for a team that wants to run the football that much.  Since when do NFL teams not stack the RB field?  Look at the Patriots, drafted Michel when they already had James White, than drafted Damien Harris when they already drafted Michel the year earlier.  

He's an exclusive rights FA and will almost certainly be brought back on the league minimum.

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire would be very, very interesting in that offense.

He’d look real good on the Chiefs. Depending on his combine he could sneak into 1st round pick consideration I think.

only issue would be blocking. Reid is very adamant about his RBs pass blocking. Doubly so with Mahomes, whom we must protect at all costs. If he can’t block than he’s gonna get doghoused until he learns.

Edited by Chiefer

Is D’Andre Swift a true blue chipper?

I ask this as the 1.01 holder (via trade!) in my Dynasty, with a keen eye on the position.

Everything seems to profile him out as a blue-chip guy. 5’9, 215. Can run and catch. Powerhouse school renowned for producing RBs. Special dead leg move and excellent change of direction skills. Tough. Great burst and enough top end speed to finish long runs. Entering the league with relatively few carries on the body. And not that it matters, but I’ve noticed him being given the seal of approval from studs such as Saquon calling him a ‘savage’. You’d like to think Barkley knows what an excellent back looks like when he sees one, haha.

But there’s just something making me unsure and I don’t know what it is... I’m not sure if it’s his contact balance or lack of tackle breaking in that Georgia uni at times reminding me of Sony Michel... but then I’ve also seen him carry defenders for yards and score highlight reel touchdowns.

I think I’m sold. But I’m just not quite at the slam dunk superstar RB declaration yet.

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Is D’Andre Swift a true blue chipper?

I ask this as the 1.01 holder (via trade!) in my Dynasty, with a keen eye on the position.

Everything seems to profile him out as a blue-chip guy. 5’9, 215. Can run and catch. Powerhouse school renowned for producing RBs. Special dead leg move and excellent change of direction skills. Tough. Great burst and enough top end speed to finish long runs. Entering the league with relatively few carries on the body. And not that it matters, but I’ve noticed him being given the seal of approval from studs such as Saquon calling him a ‘savage’. You’d like to think Barkley knows what an excellent back looks like when he sees one, haha.

But there’s just something making me unsure and I don’t know what it is... I’m not sure if it’s his contact balance or lack of tackle breaking in that Georgia uni at times reminding me of Sony Michel... but then I’ve also seen him carry defenders for yards and score highlight reel touchdowns.

I think I’m sold. But I’m just not quite at the slam dunk superstar RB declaration yet.

I think if you are far away from rebuilding, I'd put Jeudy or Lamb at 1.1, because I think both are going to be elite. 

BUT, if you are close to contending, and you need a RB, I'd hammer Swift for sure.   3-down skill set, home run threat, and he shows really good vision and quicks.  Unlike Sanders, who leaves a lot of yards on the field with his vision (and hasn’t shown inside running chops - Swift obv unproven at the big stage but I believe he’s a better inside player too).     

A lot depends on destination, though, for the WR's.    I also say this is one heckuva year to have a top 7 pick, I don't know you can go wrong, unless it's an awful team with no vision or ability to develop an O.   Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Helaire, Etienne & Lamb/Jeudy, I'd feel comfortable with in today's NFL (I had Chuba 4th in that group, too, the guy the 8th-10th pick could have had a guy drop and got an amazing bargain).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I think if you are far away from rebuilding, I'd put Jeudy or Lamb at 1.1, because I think both are going to be elite. 

BUT, if you are close to contending, and you need a RB, I'd hammer Swift for sure.   3-down skill set, home run threat, and he shows really good vision and quicks.  Unlike Sanders, who leaves a lot of yards on the field with his vision.     

A lot depends on destination, though, for the WR's.    I also say this is one heckuva year to have a top 7 pick, I don't know you can go wrong, unless it's an awful team with no vision or ability to develop an O.   Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Helaire, Etienne & Lamb/Jeudy, I'd feel comfortable with in today's NFL (I had Chuba 4th in that group, too, the guy the 8th-10th pick could have had a guy drop and got an amazing bargain).

I’ve got the 1.01 and 1.05, both through trading. My team is pretty stacked so no real needs thankfully! I was leaning Swift 1.01 and Jeudy 1.05. Jeudy is my #1 player in the class but I think there’s a good chance all three teams in between my picks need and will take an RB. Happy to sit and take whichever one of him and Lamb make it to the pick though!

I also really want Joe Burrow on my team, but it’s 1QB and any idea of taking him as early as 1.05 is surely absurd, haha.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 8:15 PM, brownie man said:

its actually insane

it dont make sense

I lived in LA/Hollywood for over 5 years. Met many there to ‘catch their break’ Acting, singing, dancing and “other” industries. We made bets poolside when new couples moved into town. None of them stayed together for 6 months as relationships got in the way of career aspirations. San Diego (2years) had a better atmosphere IMO and a lot of dimes from other countries. Chatted up quite a few peddling rickshaws for under table cash because of citizenship. One called 9 months after we stopped seeing each other and offered money to marry her, but the gf I was moving in with that week probably wouldn’t understand. Lol Everyone has different experiences but LA follows a lot of stereotypes or the stereotypes are created for media as it’s that way there. 
PS Lived Northridge and Hollywood my cousin Santa Monica. In San Diego Golden Hill/ South Park and Mira Mesa. Manila Mesa my gf at the time said. She was born in the Philippines and said a lot of them are there.

Edited by G

On 20/01/2020 at 2:38 AM, samsel23 said:

Can’t decide if I like him or Zach Moss more,  really like both for our team.   Moss brings a toughness we lack,  but CEH would almost be plug and play. 

I personally prefer Moss, but CEH isn't less than a 1B to Moss' 1A for me and he has less mileage on his legs. I'm a huge fan of Moss, but I do have my hesitations about drafting him. CEH would be the safer pick without giving up much, if anything, in terms of talent.

• 3 weeks later...