3. Moss

4. Swift

5. Edwards-Helaire

6. Benjamin

7. Dillon

8. Akers

9. Kelley

10. Perine

That's my top-10 ATM. Now, many of these guys would be rated differently depending on the team that drafts them. Not a fan of Moss or Dillon if they were on a team like the Rams. Likewise, I hate the idea of Swift or Benjamin playing for the Jaguars. It's all mostly just a flavor and situation thing, as I see like twelve RBs in this class with starter potential.

8 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

1. Taylor

2. Dobbins

3. Moss

4. Swift

5. Edwards-Helaire

6. Benjamin

7. Dillon

8. Akers

9. Kelley

10. Perine

That's my top-10 ATM. Now, many of these guys would be rated differently depending on the team that drafts them. Not a fan of Moss or Dillon if they were on a team like the Rams. Likewise, I hate the idea of Swift or Benjamin playing for the Jaguars. It's all mostly just a flavor and situation thing, as I see like twelve RBs in this class with starter potential.

Why? Hasn't Dillon been described as a one-cut zone runner?

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Why? Hasn't Dillon been described as a one-cut zone runner?

He can fit and be effective as a one cut zone runner. But with our OL right now, I think you need more explosion than either he or Moss carry. And since we, over the past several years, have featured more outside zone than any other team, (though we DID shift to a little more Fisher-ball this year) not sure if he or Moss have the type of juice to consistently turn the corner as, say, JK Dobbins or D'Andre Swift. Like I said, it's a flavor thing. I'd rather have the extra explosion in our scheme. And I was going based off of what Snead seems to like, with a track World Champion in Gurley, and then Darrell Henderson. I liked John Kelly's explosion as a prospect, but he's probably more of a one-cut zone runner with his current size. 

Now, I could also be mistaken, but I just didn't have the impression that Dillon was a better fit than anyone else on that list.

Anybody else love A. McFarland from Maryland? I don't see him being mentioned often but he looks like a really good prospect to me. 
I feel like he's patient enough to allow blocks to develop and his cut-back ability... BAM! Plus he's so freaking fast. Is not the biggest but as a 2nd RB I would love to have him on my team. 
What round does he get drafted? 3rd or 4th? Or even later? 

Dobbins looks like the best RB in the class but CEH is making a push for me (watching his tape). He has it all. 
My rankings so far:     1. Dobbins    2. CEH    3. J. Taylor   4. Swift    5. Eno Benjamin or Z. Moss (haven't watched enough to make a decision). 

Edited by MagicMT
  • Like 2

On 2/22/2020 at 11:04 AM, MagicMT said:

Anybody else love A. McFarland from Maryland? I don't see him being mentioned often but he looks like a really good prospect to me. 
I feel like he's patient enough to allow blocks to develop and his cut-back ability... BAM! Plus he's so freaking fast. Is not the biggest but as a 2nd RB I would love to have him on my team. 
What round does he get drafted? 3rd or 4th? Or even later? 

Dobbins looks like the best RB in the class but CEH is making a push for me (watching his tape). He has it all. 
My rankings so far:     1. Dobbins    2. CEH    3. J. Taylor   4. Swift    5. Eno Benjamin or Z. Moss (haven't watched enough to make a decision). 

I’m a Maryland fan, but he’s a great prospect who I’d love to see the Ravens scoop up in the 3rd/4th. Dynamic runner with great speed and sudden cuts. Can also provide some dynamism in the return game and even line up in the slot. 

On 2/11/2020 at 4:43 PM, BrownLeader said:

I actually like Dillon as a prospect, but just because Derrick Henry has been dominant for a season-and-a-quarter , when he was largely pedestrian in his time-prior in the pro's, doesn't mean that a guy with a similar build or similar running style is going to be able to just replicate what Henry does for any team that drafts him, much less do it with the same or quicker immediacy.

I personally have him in the camp that falls right behind Akers (my RB4) in with a cluster of guys whose order I'd expect them to come off the board will largely have to do with scheme-fits.  Dillon is a good consolation prize for a team that is targeting Dobbins and misses out on him.  He's not a guy you'd do well asking to sit waiting for complex blocking schemes to develop.  He's a see-hole-send-him guy who, at least from what I've seen, has shown less than several others in that same cluster to suggest he's got great three-down potential.

There are teams that will more heavily use a runner of his type and a good number of teams that either don't all that much or already have someone on the roster who fills to that role for them.  Kind of similar to how Blount was so effective (statistically, at least, and much of that was usage) for the Pats, but when the Lions brought him in he was effectively JAG.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:37 AM, Calvert28 said:

If and that's a big if he plays at that weight and speed which oft times we find prospects come up short at the combine. I'll believe when I see it done there. I mean you're taking what the university says is his weight and speed and oft times Universities will put out false numbers bigger and faster then what their players really are to make their program seem more intimidating. That 6-0 220 or 6-1 220 would look like this.

Related image

He is not that big. No numbers in college should be considered accurate until the combine, so it's possible his numbers can be very good. But he is listed at 5-11 which at the combine can measure in at 5-10. 220 maybe really be 210, and that 4.4 flat you're talking about may really be a sub 4.5. I mean you should know that as a Badgers fan considering Gordon was supposedly gonna run a sub 4.3 and wound up running a 4.52. 

And no Taylor goes down a number of times after the first hit. Hell I can pull you up any of his highlight videos and count them off to you which is supposed to be a players most impressive performances. 

It's clear you're a Badgers homer and it's cool. I get the same way with Longhorns here and there. But you have to come down off cloud 9 and take a more realistic look at your prospects. 

Oooppsss...226...just sayin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Oops that post 5 months ago..... D'Onta Foreman had a game weight of around 250 his last year at Texas and dropped it down to 230 for the combine....just sayin. 

Don’t be a fool, you got called out on a false comment you made. Just accept it. And yea it was 5 months ago as you were saying you won’t believe university measurements but would only believe combine/NFL measurements, so the comment is more relevant today than it was 5 months ago. Go do some reading, he weighed in at his 2019 playing weight. It’s stupid when people can’t admit they were wrong. 

1 hour ago, badgers0821 said:

Don’t be a fool, you got called out on a false comment you made. Just accept it. And yea it was 5 months ago as you were saying you won’t believe university measurements but would only believe combine/NFL measurements, so the comment is more relevant today than it was 5 months ago. Go do some reading, he weighed in at his 2019 playing weight. It’s stupid when people can’t admit they were wrong. 

A false comment? Bro you picked out an entire post I wrote and yet didn't bother to read the first line.

If and that's a big if he plays at that weight and speed which oft times we find prospects come up short at the combine. I'll believe when I see it done there.

Again I will eat crow if he runs a 4.4 flat or faster as you claimed. But I also noticed he measured in at 5-10 and not 5-11 or 6-0 as some claimed he would. Again some numbers are inflated. But 

Plus you said he was playing at 220 for the entire year and now he is coming in at almost 10 pounds heavier, it's easy to put on or lose weight when you need too. Leighton Vander Esch packed on like 25 pounds when coming to the combine. Now that's insane but he did it for good reason. As I'm Taylor probably packed on a few extra pounds.

On 2/10/2020 at 6:21 AM, Nastradamus said:

Its crazy more people don't realize Moss is RB1. The man is simply a better and more complete player than Dobbins, Swift and Taylor. 

Moss,Dobbins,CEH,Swift, Akers,Taylor. 

Etienne and Harris staying really hurt this class. 

4.7 40. Still feel this way?

On 2/26/2020 at 4:44 PM, Calvert28 said:

A false comment? Bro you picked out an entire post I wrote and yet didn't bother to read the first line.

Again I will eat crow if he runs a 4.4 flat or faster as you claimed. But I also noticed he measured in at 5-10 and not 5-11 or 6-0 as some claimed he would. Again some numbers are inflated. But 

Plus you said he was playing at 220 for the entire year and now he is coming in at almost 10 pounds heavier, it's easy to put on or lose weight when you need too. Leighton Vander Esch packed on like 25 pounds when coming to the combine. Now that's insane but he did it for good reason. As I'm Taylor probably packed on a few extra pounds.

4.41 close enough. Eat some crow

• Like 1