Redskins best players who are 25 or younger

turtle28

LNeed to Know: The Redskins best players who are 25 or younger

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/need-know-redskins-best-players-who-are-25-or-younger.

Redskins could have 9 starters under 25 when the season starts. 

WR Jamison Crowder, 25 as of Week 1—Crowder hit the ground running in his first year, with 59 receptions, a team rookie record, and gaining 604 yards. He has been very dependable in his three years, averaging 64 catches, 747 yards, and four receiving touchdowns per year. 

OLB Preston Smith, 25—Since he came into the league, no player but Smith has at least 20.5 sacks, three or more interceptions, and four or more forced fumbles. His sack numbers tend to be up and down from week to week, but Jay Gruden has said more than once that Smith is very consistent in getting pressure on the quarterback even if he doesn’t always get home for the sack. 

DL Matt Ioannidis, 24—A year ago it was thought that he would face an uphill battle to make the 53-man roster. Now goes into the season as a starter and key contributor. The 2016 fifth-round pick got much stronger between his first and second seasons and he took well to the coaching of new defensive line coach Jim Tomsula. Only a broken hand that cost him two games and had him playing with an awkward cast for a few more kept him from threatening to make double-digit sacks. 

DL Jonathan Allen, 23—The Redskins were just starting to get a hint of what Allen could do early in the season. Pro Football Focus credited him with a total of three sacks in the Redskins third and fourth games. But in their fifth game, he suffered a foot injury that ended his season. Allen was a full go for the offseason program and there is no reason to think that he won’t pick back up right where he left off. 

S Montae Nicholson, 22—Like Allen, Nicholson’s rookie season was shortened due to injuries. He took advantage of the absence of anticipated starter Su’a Cravens and made an impact from the beginning. While the 2017 fourth-round pick and free-agent pickup D.J. Swearinger were in the lineup the decade-long struggles the Redskins have had at the safety position were suddenly gone. 

Best of the rest: WR Josh Doctson (25), C Chase Roullier (25)

It should be noted that DL Daron Payne turned 21 in May and RB Derrius Guice will the 21 later this month so they could be joining this list soon. Assuming those two start, the Redskins will have nine quality starters aged 25 or younger this year.

46 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

lol at montae being listed. pretty average at best talent list

You’re kidding me right? Montae when healthy was a top half of the league safety as rookie. Our pass D fell off when he went out the second half of the year.

Remember the Saints game when he got hurt?

D was good to great until he got hurt.

We haven’t had this much young talent on our team since 2005 and arguably 81/82.

I just thought that two guys who aren’t on this list are Quinton Dunbar and Fabian Moreau. One of them will start opposite Norman this year. Dunbar is 25 and Moreau is 24... ohhh now I see why Dunbar wasn’t considered, he’ll be 26 July 22nd.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I just thought that two guys who aren’t on this list are Quinton Dunbar and Fabian Moreau. One of them will start opposite Norman this year. Dunbar is 25 and Moreau is 24... ohhh now I see why Dunbar wasn’t considered, he’ll be 26 July 22nd.

As for Moreau, he's upside at this moment. It looks very positive but it's almost all projection right now due to his little playing time.

Archived