• J.D. Martinez
    • Jose Ramirez
    • Corey Seager
    • Jean Segura
    • George Springer
    • Giancarlo Stanton
    • Joey Votto

19 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

His splits aren't crazy, and he may be the best defensive third baseman (if not infielder) I've ever seen play the game. 

His career OPS is 170 points lower away from Coors.  That's pretty crazy.  He's good, not great, away from that ballpark.  

Also, you must be too young to have seen Scott Rolen play.  He is the best defensive 3B in recent memory.

3 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

I grew up outside of Philly and watched Rolen the majority of his career. Beltre and Longoria too. Nolan is the best defensive third baseman I've seen play. Glad to see you're still as condescending as when the old site was up.

Gotcha fam:

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=laserlasikeyes&find_loc=Denver%2C+CO

6 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

His career OPS is 170 points lower away from Coors.  That's pretty crazy.  He's good, not great, away from that ballpark.  

Also, you must be too young to have seen Scott Rolen play.  He is the best defensive 3B in recent memory.

tumblr_mxa9b9nRT41smcbm7o1_400.gif

3 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

I grew up outside of Philly and watched Rolen the majority of his career. Beltre and Longoria too. Nolan is the best defensive third baseman I've seen play. Glad to see you're still as condescending as when the old site was up.

I have no idea what you were watching then. Rolen was clearly a superior defensive player. There is a reason that Arenado has a defensive rating on fangraphs in double digits just once. Rolen 11 times including twice over 20. Even with defensive metrics being suspect they aren't that suspect.

4 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Who were you on the old site tbh

7 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Kinda feel like Jose Ramirez has been better than Arenado the past 2-3 years. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=3b&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2018&month=0&season1=2016&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

.310/.373/.540, 14.4 net defensive runs for Ramirez
.304/.374/.576, 17.9 net defensive runs for Arenado

81 games in Colorado every year is worth a whole lot more to a batting line than 30 points of slugging and 3 defensive runs. I'd agree.

Archived