2018 Draft Eligible OL Thread (OT, OG, C)

CalhounLambeau

1 hour ago, Scout said:

Who do you like after Nelson/Price/Cole?

Quenton Nelson, Braden Smith, Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, Brian Allen, Bradley Bozeman, Will Clapp, Alex Officer, Tejan Koroma, James Daniels, and Patrick Vahe all have put up some good tape. There are some others that look to have potential too.

Mason Cole is moving back to OT but could end up back at C in the NFL. Martez Ivey is moving to OT but could end up back at OG in the NFL (he isn't that good at the moment but has potential).

15 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

watch the the LT from Texas ;)

lol This is a sexy draft class. Now I sound like Mayock during the combine. he always makes things really weird. 

My team will be drafting a QB in the first round next year, so I shouldn't be here until we start talking 2nd round prospects.

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

lol This is a sexy draft class. Now I sound like Mayock during the combine. he always makes things really weird. 

My team will be drafting a QB in the first round next year, so I shouldn't be here until we start talking 2nd round prospects.

My team should take a qb round 1 but honestly i might just take a tackle and draft a round 2 guy at qb

The trouble with predicting how good a draft will be this early, is that 95% of the 1st rounders only have soph tape to look at, as they will be drafted as juniors. A whole lot can happen to a player between his soph year and his junior season. They are so raw as sophs that it is extremely hard to see what they can become.There will be an immense increase in a player's strength if he is committed to the weight room. He can add of huge amount of mass to his frame and his experience may allow him to become a far better player in the coming season. Right up to the Combine, junior players, who are far from a finished prospect as you can get, can still make dramatic improvements when they head off to pro type training camps before the draft.

My experience has shown, that the top 32 preseason will end up quite different by season's end, even the top 10 is hardly fixed in stone. Juniors are going to make dramatic improvements as the season unfolds, leaving many of our early predictions worthless.

Curious to see what Mitch Hyatt grades out as.  Don't see him being a 1st round pick given that he is 6'5 300 and isn't a freak athlete, but he has very good technique and is light on his feet.  Has started since day 1 and has shut down lot of DEs who have gone/will go to the NFL. 

Archived