NY Sports thread

Dr.O

Snooped around a couple other forums and seen a lot of thrr guys have threads to talk about the other teams in the area. Figure we could talk about the Yankees, Nets, Mets, Knicks and whatever Hockey team y’all route for.

Hopefully the Islanders can resign Tavares and get a goalie and a defenseman or 2. They have a lot of trade assets as well as the 11th and 12th pick and 2 2nds. Lamarillo is known for team building, so I hope he does something.

Yankees just need to keep on doing what they’re doing.

Knicks need to draft a defensive/3 point shooting SG/SF hopefully. Villanova’s Bridges would be nice.

18 hours ago, Dr.O said:

6 years late but we got Dwight...nice

Doc I wonder if Howard is sorry he left the Orlando Magic, he was a god down here in Orlando. He was at the top of his game when he was down here. I think he out smarted himself,  by leaving Orlando.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Doc I wonder if Howard is sorry he left the Orlando Magic, he was a god down here in Orlando. He was at the top of his game when he was down here. I think he out smarted himself,  by leaving Orlando.

Hasn’t been the same since he had the hernia surgery 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Who does everyone who’s a Knicks fan want them to draft tonight? Realistically speaking I think we can rule out Austin, Bagley and Donic. Anything after that who knows.

Michael Porter Jr if he drops otherwise probably  we will take either Miles Bridges/Kevin Knox according to reports. 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Michael Porter Jr if he drops otherwise probably  we will take either Miles Bridges/Kevin Knox according to reports. 

Porter was hard to pass on... but I really like the Knox pick. For a franchise rebuilding not sure we could take the risk on Porter. Especially being so similar to Porzingis.

On 21/06/2018 at 9:54 PM, Bobby816 said:

Porter was hard to pass on... but I really like the Knox pick. For a franchise rebuilding not sure we could take the risk on Porter. Especially being so similar to Porzingis.

That’s true I just hope we don’t look back and regret it. It already difficult seeeing Smith and Mitchell killing it while we have Frank N. 

17 minutes ago, xenajets said:

That’s true I just hope we don’t look back and regret it. It already difficult seeeing Smith and Mitchell killing it while we have Frank N. 

Frank N we knew was more a project than the others. He’s a guy I really won’t start expecting too 10 talent out of until the start of his 3rd season. He will still only be 21. Knox will be a flat out scorer. He’s a mismatch offensively. In a position less NBA now, he’s great. He needs work defensively... but that can be coached. The X factor is Robinson. He’s a big project. And he’s an unknown. But he was a top 10 recruit and has great size and athleticism. Think Hassan Whiteside type guy once he develops. I see him as a 2yr project as well. He will also still only be 21 by then. Hopefully he can add some weight and get more fundamental by then. Right now he just seems like a crazy good athlete with great size. For a 2nd Rounder he’s a steal. If he played in college he probably would have been a lottery pick.

Islanders hopefully on the rise. Got a great GM, then a great coach. Then did great in the draft last night. Got 2 top 8 players at 11 and 12. The best pure goal scorer in the draft and a Great 2 way defenseman. If they can keep Tavares they really had one of the best offseasons in the NHL. They have 35mill in cap space as well.

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Frank N we knew was more a project than the others. He’s a guy I really won’t start expecting too 10 talent out of until the start of his 3rd season. He will still only be 21. Knox will be a flat out scorer. He’s a mismatch offensively. In a position less NBA now, he’s great. He needs work defensively... but that can be coached. The X factor is Robinson. He’s a big project. And he’s an unknown. But he was a top 10 recruit and has great size and athleticism. Think Hassan Whiteside type guy once he develops. I see him as a 2yr project as well. He will also still only be 21 by then. Hopefully he can add some weight and get more fundamental by then. Right now he just seems like a crazy good athlete with great size. For a 2nd Rounder he’s a steal. If he played in college he probably would have been a lottery pick.

Yeah Robinson ‘could’ be a steal it just all depends on the coaching (same goes for Knox and Frank) 

I really don’t mind the fact these guys need a couple of years as we are in no position to challenge at the min. I just hope we put enough pieces around KP6 (once healthy) and then let’s see where we stand come 2020. 

Archived