Igniting The Fire

Titans fan 617

For those who don’t know the Titans will have a little inside look to the team Hard Knocks esk a little bit. Not sure if they’ll show the releases of the 2 players from a few weeks ago but either way it’s cool to see an insight of any kind to the Titans. Even more so this year with a new staff

12 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Wasn’t bad just a little introduction to Vrabel. I like how involved you see him in certain drills is was cool to see him and Jayon talking during a drill

That got me hype!

Just loved how he worked. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see this weeks episode yet? 

They highlighted RB coach Tony Dews. Seems like a great guy has a nice story hopefully it works out for him and he can start to make a name for himself.

The most fascinating part of the episode in my opinion was them highlighting how they tape practices and allowing the camera guy there to explain how it all works it’s pretty interesting how that job has evolved.

The only thing that worries me still and I get it’s a Titans Production so they won’t crap all over a player but they spoke highly of Fluellen. I’m hoping Wadley beats him out. I just don’t have faith if Fluellen ever had to play an actual role if anyone went down. Even last year when it was only Henry we never seen Fluellen do anything. 

Can’t wait till next month so these players can decide who gets that 3rd RB job

On 7/4/2018 at 5:31 PM, Titans fan 617 said:

Anyone see this weeks episode yet? 

They highlighted RB coach Tony Dews. Seems like a great guy has a nice story hopefully it works out for him and he can start to make a name for himself.

The most fascinating part of the episode in my opinion was them highlighting how they tape practices and allowing the camera guy there to explain how it all works it’s pretty interesting how that job has evolved.

The only thing that worries me still and I get it’s a Titans Production so they won’t crap all over a player but they spoke highly of Fluellen. I’m hoping Wadley beats him out. I just don’t have faith if Fluellen ever had to play an actual role if anyone went down. Even last year when it was only Henry we never seen Fluellen do anything. 

Can’t wait till next month so these players can decide who gets that 3rd RB job

It's hard to know how good the previous staffs were at their job (not judging the product of the field) but as far as they were, as teachers.  But Dews seems pretty good too with his job.

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's hard to know how good the previous staffs were at their job (not judging the product of the field) but as far as they were, as teachers.  But Dews seems pretty good too with his job.

Granted he doesn’t coach Marcus but Dews and Marcus must get along great they both have that calm cool style of talking ?

Probably my favorite episode so far. Kerry Coombs is by far my favorite coach to watch and listen too. 

I pray so hard please please please to whom ever I have to pray too please give us a relatively healthy team going into the season. 

I can live with Conklin missing a few games if he has too but I want the 3 starting QBs healthy I want our LB core with Rashan and Landry healthy. I want Davis Walker Lewis and Henry healthy. I really want to see what this team can do.

As far as tonight’s episode, man I wish I was a pro athlete. My favorite off the field thing they showed was the nutritionist they have and helps them out while playing food. One guy was making a plate she was telling him he can have more protein if he wanted because of how much greens he had on the plate or what ever he had on the plate. She had smoothie ingredients on the wall with all kinds of fresh fruit and stuff. They even labeled the bars to specify when to eat them I seen one sign that said an in between work out snack. I know the fame and glamour an money women an all that is a life style we all dream of but for the guys that love the game and it’s just not a pay check, man I’d love to have someone help me eat and drink right and help keep my big @ss in shape.

I lost 30lbs from February until May I’m down to 186. It’s hard to keep it off though with summer here. It’s hot out I work nights so I always want a cold beer after work. I crave pizza and burgers and other good summer time food. I try to stay on the diet and I’m trying to keep it off. I go up a few pounds and get scared then try to go back down by using protein shakes and stuff because I’m scared to eat regular food all day I just pretty much eat dinner. It’s stuff like that’ that makes me wish I had the help that these athletes have. Guys like Jamarcus Russell and any other player that got too big and out of shape should be embarrassed because they had access to so much help and didn’t take it

Am I the only one watching this series still?

Tonights episode was the LB core. 

To me Vrabel was the guy that stole the show. Rak was saying he has never seen a HC as involved as Vrabel. They show a few videos of him going over some stuff with some guys.

I was over the moon about naming Vrabel the HC and I was upset either it’s just an unknown so I didn’t know how to react when it first happened. The more I see the more I listen to the man the Titans may have found something with him. I’m definitely starting to get confident that we may have made the right choice. 

Still a long way to go for sure but footballs right around the corner I can’t wait to see how we start to shape up

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, Titans fan 617 said:

Am I the only one watching this series still?

Tonights episode was the LB core. 

To me Vrabel was the guy that stole the show. Rak was saying he has never seen a HC as involved as Vrabel. They show a few videos of him going over some stuff with some guys.

I was over the moon about naming Vrabel the HC and I was upset either it’s just an unknown so I didn’t know how to react when it first happened. The more I see the more I listen to the man the Titans may have found something with him. I’m definitely starting to get confident that we may have made the right choice. 

Still a long way to go for sure but footballs right around the corner I can’t wait to see how we start to shape up

No, I watched it too.

I really like the series.  And again, I don't know if its just because we have access, but I can't picture the old staff having this type of teaching to them. Maybe so, but Vrabel out there with the linebackers was very encouraging. 

Couple things stood out to me after watching this series:

1) Coach Vrabel. I know it’s been repeated a lot but he just seems to connect to the players extremely well because he’s walked in all of their shoes at one point during his career. I only played high school bball so while it’s a minor example it still rings true atleast for me, but the difference between playing for a coach my senior year who played and had been in our shoes versus our coach my sophomore/junior years who never played at the high school level or beyond was night and day. It’s just easier to follow someone who’s been through what your going through.

2) The veteran and rookie relationships. Obviously these were only about 12 minute videos that had been edited and condensed, but atleast from what they showed it looked as though our vets are playing a huge role in bringing the young guys along, especially Evans and Landry. Rak and Morgan showing them the ropes along with Vrabels experience playing and coaching the LB spot has me super excited to see what those two are going to do. They’re still rookies so I’ll temper my expectations initially but I think they’re going to be great for us for years to come.

3) The cohesion. Everyone see’s this thing as bigger than themselves and it’s all started with Amy. From the new facilities to the new uniforms to firing Mularkey even after he led us to two winning seasons and a playoff appearance just goes to show you how in on this thing she is. She is the head of this snake and she has been nothing short of spectacular. I cannot give her enough credit. I love what Robinson said in his meeting to the rookies in regards to the veterans. “You are here to do what? To take their job.” Gone are the days of washed up veterans staying on the field over a younger guy who is clearly more productive (see 2017 Murray/Henry). If the owner and GM are in cohesion, which Amy and Robinson clearly are, then everything else will be as well. You can tell the locker room is together and winning trumps everything, “teammates are more important than players” - Vrabel.

4) The uniforms (well atleast the practice jerseys and helmet) look sweet. I know I was probably one of the bigger critics mostly when it came to the logo on the helmet and how it should have, in my opinion, been changed to the alternate sword logo to match the sword theme but it’s grown on me and I like it now. I really like the slim white/silver strip that goes up the back to the front middle of the helmet. Very sleek and looks much better than the two navy blue strips that went up the front of our original helmet. I can’t wait to see the whole thing in action. Gonna be a fun season fellas.

Archived