2018 Draft Eligible Non-Rush DL Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 hour ago, NoDakViking said:

Is there a decent pro comp for Harrison Philips?  Is he more of a 3T or NT?

Watched most of the Pac 12 title last night and the guys calling the game were raving about him.  Talked a lot about his wrestling history and how it helped with his awareness and use of hands.

What are your thoughts?

I noticed he falls down a lot, he'll make plays but he also gets rocked by some lineman to the point that he's removed from the play flat on his back or belly which I would never want from a 1 or 3 tech. overall had a great season for Stanford against some solid Oline fronts. 

16 hours ago, Scout said:

One of the scouting combines. Actually he's 6002 so I miss spoke. Point remains, he's an undersized DT with bad character at Sam Houston State

Where did you get 6002 from, and don't you find it odd that a player participates in some "scouting combine" before his season is actually over? and where did you get the bit about him having "Bad Character"?

37 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Where did you get 6002 from, and don't you find it odd that a player participates in some "scouting combine" before his season is actually over? and where did you get the bit about him having "Bad Character"?

He works w/ a service, he has access to information.

On 12/2/2017 at 6:14 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I never disputed what he can do on the college level. He does some really nice things, but my overall question in case you missed it is can he do these same things on the next level with his size and lack of athleticism?  

I just don't see it (at least being dominant in the NFL) but I got bumrushed for ridiculing Peppers last year too so im used to it.

What does the bolded have to do with this discussion?

Your point is based on what then? He has shown in college he has the athleticism and strength to compete in the NFL. How do you think he wins? Magic?

9 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

What does the bolded have to do with this discussion?

Your point is based on what then? He has shown in college he has the athleticism and strength to compete in the NFL. How do you think he wins? Magic?

I made my point and it was pretty clear, moving along....

Maurice Hurst gets a lot of love but James Looney of Cal profiles a bit similar yet has made a ton of plays for Cal the last two years. I think he maybe goes unnoticed because he is listed as a 6'3, 280 lbs. DE (in a 34), but I think he can add a few pounds and kick inside or stay as a 3-4 end. Shows a lot of explosiveness off the snap and good anticipation. Brother is in the NFL and their father played at Louisville too so solid bloodlines. I'm hoping he gets an All-Star game invite, specifically the Senior Bowl. He did a great job taking on double teams last year against Washington and was really abusing their LG when matched up 1v1. 

Archived