2018 Draft Eligible Non-Rush DL Thread

CalhounLambeau

I just don't see Hurst being effective in the run game on the next level, sorry. The picture I have in my head is him going against a combo block by Penn and Osemele and getting taken for a long ride.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:07 AM, justo said:

Hurst is small but I don't see a big difference between his size and Geno Atkins, Aaron Donald, Grady Jarrett, Javon Hargrave, Mike Daniels, etc. If you can play with natural leverage and you're explosive enough to win with your first step, size isn't really a factor.

Hurst's lower body does not compare to any of these guys, his college production is good but I just don't see it with "him" though being about to do the same thing at the next level, he isn't that special of an athlete or super strong, neither.  And that 6'2 you guys are citing is going to be 6'1 3/4 by the time the combine rolls around.

Outside of him, there are going to be some big, good looking Tackles in this class.

3 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Is that supposed to be bad?

It definitely won't help. 6'1 280, and not a superior athlete or having superior strength is going to have a hard time in the league. I liken him to Chris Jones who played for the Patriots for a few years back.

26 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

It definitely won't help. 6'1 280, and not a superior athlete or having superior strength is going to have a hard time in the league. I liken him to Chris Jones who played for the Patriots for a few years back.

you dont need to be a Superior Athlete or Superior strength to be good in the NFL DL plus theres no Measurements that are official yets o its to be determined how good he is as an athlete. 

Hurst has a Great Burst off the Snap and has enough strength to function against double teams. i wouldnt be worried by his lack of size. kinda reminds me of Sheldon Day as both are smaller DTs.

FWIW the Difference between Sheldon day and Aaron Donalds 10 yard split(its more valuable then a 40 for Interior Dline) is 0.06 Seconds.  

15 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

you dont need to be a Superior Athlete or Superior strength to be good in the NFL DL plus theres no Measurements that are official yets o its to be determined how good he is as an athlete. 

Hurst has a Great Burst off the Snap and has enough strength to function against double teams. i wouldnt be worried by his lack of size. kinda reminds me of Sheldon Day as both are smaller DTs.

FWIW the Difference between Sheldon day and Aaron Donalds 10 yard split(its more valuable then a 40 for Interior Dline) is 0.06 Seconds.  

K

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I'll just go on record now as saying that Foley Fatukasi will outplay his draft position.  Dude's legit.

Got an invite to the East-West Shrine Game along with Texas DT Poona Ford. Surprising those two might have to settle for Tampa and not go to Mobile. I think Fatukasi is raw and plays high in his pass rush, but he has the raw strength and athleticism to be a contributor. 

2 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Got an invite to the East-West Shrine Game along with Texas DT Poona Ford. Surprising those two might have to settle for Tampa and not go to Mobile. I think Fatukasi is raw and plays high in his pass rush, but he has the raw strength and athleticism to be a contributor. 

Clearly there is bit of a disparity in terms of height, but side-by-side tape comparison, I see a lot of Akiem Hicks in Fatukasi.

I guess Maurice Hurst is going to be a controversial name on these boards this season. I don't get how people don't see a superior interior defensive line prospect. Elite strength and great burst from the line when it calls for it. And he's down right immovable against double teams.

13 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I guess Maurice Hurst is going to be a controversial name on these boards this season. I don't get how people don't see a superior interior defensive line prospect. Elite strength and great burst from the line when it calls for it. And he's down right immovable against double teams.

I just don't see it, and I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible. I watched the tOSU game and watched him specifically and he couldn't even dominate Demetrius Knox who is the back up,  They specifically lined Hurst and Gary up on our right side which has clearly been our weakest side. I tried to give him a chance but I just don't see this whole dominating thing and I just don't think he has the physical tools to just all of the sudden dominate on the next level.

Archived