Top 10 Players Overall

Nex_Gen

Factoring in career resume, last season and going into this season, list your top 10 OVERALL players in order, regardless of position:

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Antonio Brown

4. Rob Gronkowski

5. Aaron Donald

6. Von Miller

7. Zack Martin

8. Patrick Peterson

9. Le'Veon Bell

10. Julio Jones

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

JJ Watt?

Not with so many questions on his health - and this is coming from a big JJ supporter.

IF he returns to form, he's got a strong claim on #1. This being said, no clue on whether or not he'll return to form.

10 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Factoring in career resume, last season and going into this season, list your top 10 OVERALL players in order, regardless of position:

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Antonio Brown

4. Rob Gronkowski

5. Aaron Donald

6. Von Miller

7. Zack Martin

8. Patrick Peterson

9. Le'Veon Bell

10. Julio Jones

I would tend to have Kuechly in and Peterson out. I might also put Wagner in and remove Julio Jones, but that is a little closer.

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Not with so many questions on his health - and this is coming from a big JJ supporter.

IF he returns to form, he's got a strong claim on #1. This being said, no clue on whether or not he'll return to form.

Pretty much. Unquestioned #1 player in the world two years ago, but two seasons on the shelf since (and it's starting to look bleak) doesn't help. 

I am pretty comfortable with the first 9, although their order is pretty fluid. #10 was tough, no clear guy popped to mind like guys did for the first 9 spots.

1. Antonio Brown
  2. Tom Brady
  3. Aaron Donald
  4. Aaron Rodgers
  5. Rob Gronkowski
  6. Von Miller
  7. Khalil Mack
  8. Julio Jones
  9. Luke Kuechly
  10. Odell Beckham

Honorable mentions: Brees, Russell, Rhodes, Ramsey, Bell, Gurley, Elliott, Cox, Harrison Smith, Bosa, Campbell, Martin, Frederick, Wagner...

22 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I am pretty comfortable with the first 9, although their order is pretty fluid. #10 was tough, no clear guy popped to mind like guys did for the first 9 spots.

1. Antonio Brown
  2. Tom Brady
  3. Aaron Donald
  4. Aaron Rodgers
  5. Rob Gronkowski
  6. Von Miller
  7. Khalil Mack
  8. Julio Jones
  9. Luke Kuechly
  10. Odell Beckham

Honorable mentions: Brees, Russell, Rhodes, Ramsey, Bell, Gurley, Elliott, Cox, Harrison Smith, Bosa, Campbell, Martin, Frederick, Wagner...

I'll be that guy - no Hopkins? Gotta figure an HM, if not a competition for #10 with Odell.

16 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Everson Griffin

Can someone explain to me the love that Everson Griffen gets versus the love that Ryan Kerrigan gets?  I know the Player's Top 100 list is a joke, but somehow Griffen finished inside the top 20 and Kerrigan was left completely off the list.  Then I see someone here put Griffen in their top 10, while leaving Kerrigan out of their list completely.  I've seen it pretty consistently all offseason.

I just want to do a quick sanity check stat comparison, and someone let me know what makes Griffen better:

Kerrigan:

Career Stats (Since 2011)

71.5 Sacks

274 Tackles

22 Forced Fumbles

22 Pass Deflections

3 INT

3 TD

Griffen:

Career Stats (Since 2010)

61 Sacks

189 Tackles

9 Forced Fumbles

13 Pass Deflections

1 INT

1 TD

Kerrigan:

Stats Over Last 4 Years

47 Sacks

144 Tackles

12 Forced Fumbles

7 Pass Deflections

1 INT

1 TD

Griffen:

Stats Over Last 4 Years

43.5 Sacks

140 Tackles

7 Forced Fumbles

9 Pass Deflections

0 INT

0 TD

Kerrigan:

2017 Stats

13 Sacks

34 Tackles

3 Forced Fumbles

1 Pass Deflection

1 INT

1 TD

Griffen:

2017 Stats

13 Sacks

31 Tackles

3 Forced Fumbles

1 Pass Deflection

0 INT

0 TD

I just don't get it.

4 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I just don't get it.

Kerrigan is definitely a top 100 player if you ask me. Griffin on the other hand is the fastest pass rusher in the league, has one of the quickest first steps, and in my opinion has the best pursuit of any defensive end or edge player. The spin move Griffin uses is reminiscent of Dwight Freeney in his prime. Griffin is a better run defender than Freeney ever was and can probably be moved around, stood up or dropped in coverage like Kerrigan is from time to time. Kerrigan had a solid 2017 statistically against mediocre matchups. Griffin was causing havoc from the blindside no matter who he faced. Griffin brings relentless energy combined with elite speed and quickness all around.

43 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Kerrigan is definitely a top 100 player if you ask me. Griffin on the other hand is the fastest pass rusher in the league, has one of the quickest first steps, and in my opinion has the best pursuit of any defensive end or edge player. The spin move Griffin uses is reminiscent of Dwight Freeney in his prime. Griffin is a better run defender than Freeney ever was and can probably be moved around, stood up or dropped in coverage like Kerrigan is from time to time. Kerrigan had a solid 2017 statistically against mediocre matchups. Griffin was causing havoc from the blindside no matter who he faced. Griffin brings relentless energy combined with elite speed and quickness all around.

So basically, just ignore stats and focus on factors that don’t actually make him more productive than Kerrigan?  

By the way, Kerrigan has higher TFL numbers too, in almost every year since they’ve both been in the league.

Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Bosa, and J.J. Watt all rush from the left end as well, and all are considered the best pass rushers at end in the league, so the level of comp argument is weak. 

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

So basically, just ignore stats and focus on factors that don’t actually make him more productive than Kerrigan?  

By the way, Kerrigan has higher TFL numbers too, in almost every year since they’ve both been in the league.

Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Bosa, and J.J. Watt all rush from the left end as well, and all are considered the best pass rushers at end in the league, so the level of comp argument is weak. 

Going off just the previous season, it wasn’t close to me. Griffen is just so much harder to stop. Kerrigan is productive but he was put against the weakest matchups to create the most pass rush for the Redskins. With all of that said, both had the same amount of sacks and tackles. Griffen has always been explosive, but he may be on PED’s the way he looked at the same age as Kerrigan last season. Prior to 2017, I wouldn’t have as much of an argument for Griffen, but he has clearly developed into a dominant end. Impact and skill against quality competition versus production.

59 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Going off just the previous season, it wasn’t close to me. Griffen is just so much harder to stop. Kerrigan is productive but he was put against the weakest matchups to create the most pass rush for the Redskins. With all of that said, both had the same amount of sacks and tackles. Griffen has always been explosive, but he may be on PED’s the way he looked at the same age as Kerrigan last season. Prior to 2017, I wouldn’t have as much of an argument for Griffen, but he has clearly developed into a dominant end. Impact and skill against quality competition versus production.

I guess by this logic, Chandler Jones is the best edge player in the league. 

Archived