Nex_Gen

In no order:

Antonio Brown

Aaron Donald

Aaron Rodgers

Le'Veon Bell

Tom Brady

Luke Kuechly

Rob Gronkowski (his postseason #s are amazing)

Von Miller

Julio Jones

A combination of a number of players for the final spot, but Beckham's the dopest so I'll choose him.

On 6/19/2018 at 1:29 AM, Nex_Gen said:

Factoring in career resume, last season and going into this season, list your top 10 OVERALL players in order, regardless of position:

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Antonio Brown

4. Rob Gronkowski

5. Aaron Donald

6. Von Miller

7. Zack Martin

8. Patrick Peterson

9. Le'Veon Bell

10. Julio Jones

If we're factoring in career resume, anybody who says Tom Brady isn't No. 1 is insane. I guess Brees has an argument but nobody else really comes close.

40 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

If we're factoring in career resume, anybody who says Tom Brady isn't No. 1 is insane. I guess Brees has an argument but nobody else really comes close.

no parameters of how much of their careers should be considered. just an acknowledgement of their past is enough to rank somebody like Brady or Brees but if its less of a factor than, say, how they are approaching 2018, then in my rankings I don't have as much regard for them considering in Brady's case at least, he is less engaged with the team and that will factor into his performance I believe.

That said, in NFL General my predictions for the season were initially that Russell Wilson would win MVP but changed it to Tom Brady. In Drew Brees' case I have the Saints in the Super Bowl against the Patriots.

3 hours ago, Bobikus said:

Dude's old.  Would probably still get in on a top 15 or 20.  Probably the 3rd or 4th QB I'd list.

He's old but he's not a "normal" old quarterback. He just threw for 500 yards in the Super Bowl against a tough defense. I doubt many QBs could do that.

22 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

As for the Miller quote, Griffen is the most explosive pass rusher in the NFL. Nobody is faster around the edge or in pursuit. Miller has elite hand technique and is an edge player generally opposite the blindside, yet Giffen has more burst and is harder to keep up with from what I’ve seen.

Then you're not watching these guys play the game. Griffen is good, but you're making ridiculous arguments now. You would find yourself on an island with your analysis, but based on your posting style, I think you enjoy that.

On 6/22/2018 at 6:51 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Then you're not watching these guys play the game. Griffen is good, but you're making ridiculous arguments now. You would find yourself on an island with your analysis, but based on your posting style, I think you enjoy that.

pjzDemZ.gif

On 6/22/2018 at 8:48 AM, DoleINGout said:

Based off life, Brady should be in the top spot. But I, not sure what commitment level he is at which hurts his ranking for me despite being the best quarterback and player otherwise.

You left the least doubtful #1 player off your board because ESPN convinced you to get your feelings hurt because of him. That's mental....

4 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

You left the least doubtful #1 player off your board because ESPN convinced you to get your feelings hurt because of him. That's mental....

I've never really read ESPN articles or watched their programs. Same goes for local radio broadcasts and television; I can't stand it. My ranking for Brady in 2017 would have had him as the best player. Going into 2018 is a different story and I'm more cautious. Brady isn't just another year into his forties. Brady is still individually a great quarterback but I have to factor in the impact of his absence so far and how I think that impacts the team. I absolutely expect a decline in production.

On 6/22/2018 at 9:51 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Just for reference, Griffen ran a 4.46 forty as a senior in high school. The Griffen of 2017 after his mom passed away is nothing like the Griffen you remember from USC or even earlier on in his career.

By watching Griffen and Miller play, I can clearly conclude that Griffen is faster around the edge and he is arguably the best in pursuit in the league, (really a tie with Miller). Miller is great at timing and hand technique in addition to being a great athlete. Miller as a linebacker playing primarily as an edge rusher is considered a top ten player in the NFL. To me, Griffen is equally qualified being an ascending blindside edge rusher better at defending the run. Although it's really close for me, I'd rather have an equally fast defensive end who is better against the run in Griffen after what I saw last season. Griffen has matured into an elite player and is finally realizing his potential.

On 6/22/2018 at 11:48 AM, DoleINGout said:

Based off life, Brady should be in the top spot. But I, not sure what commitment level he is at which hurts his ranking for me despite being the best quarterback and player otherwise.

This is the biggest crock of crap I've heard on this forum in awhile. 

On 6/24/2018 at 7:00 PM, DoleINGout said:

Just for reference, Griffen ran a 4.46 forty as a senior in high school. The Griffen of 2017 after his mom passed away is nothing like the Griffen you remember from USC or even earlier on in his career.

He ran a 4.59 at the combine.  Von Miller ran a 4.53. 

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

He ran a 4.59 at the combine.  Von Miller ran a 4.53. 

And Everson Griffen actually takes football seriously now. He ran a 4.46 before blowing off USC on talrnt alone. Griffen is a different man now, in and out of football.

Archived