Putting the Training (Camp) Wheels On!

swede700

1 minute ago, disaacs said:

I imagine they just go home every day.

Yup, this early in the development of that land, I don't think they have housing available yet. I could see that change in the future, but more just for rookies and newer guys who don't have a place in town.

31 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

What are the top position battles?

RT

WR3

CB3

RB3

Quarterback ... or not.

I guess Kicker is kind of still a battle. 

Kick/Punt Returner

It's a pretty nice thing when only one real starting position (RT) is questioned.

5 hours ago, rpmwr19 said:

I still consider the nickel CB and third WR starting spots in today’s NFL. 

3rd WR might depend on how much the 2nd TE is used but that 2nd TE is basically a big bodied WR in most cases.

I agree on nickel CB. I'm looking forward to the CB battle. I'd think that Alexander is the favorite unless Hughes is a standout during camp. I don't see Newman being much of a factor.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

3rd WR might depend on how much the 2nd TE is used but that 2nd TE is basically a big bodied WR in most cases.

Last year, Treadwell played 44.8% of snaps, while Morgan was at 35.2% (over 100 snaps difference). Treadwell did have an extra game to accrue those snaps, though.

• 1 month later...

Vikings Tight Ends Coach Clancy Barone talked with vikings.com's Mike Wobschall about his group as we get set for training camp to begin. He details his unique group, which is of course led by Pro Bowl TE Kyle Rudolph, but also features David Morgan, rookie Tyler Conklin, Blake Bell, and others.

https://www.vikings.com/video/training-camp-preview-tight-ends

On 6/19/2018 at 1:44 PM, Klomp said:

Yup, this early in the development of that land, I don't think they have housing available yet. I could see that change in the future, but more just for rookies and newer guys who don't have a place in town.

Zimmer, on PA, last week made mention that the team would be staying at a hotel near the facilities. They still plan on keeping everyone in a central location it seems. 

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Zimmer, on PA, last week made mention that the team would be staying at a hotel near the facilities. They still plan on keeping everyone in a central location it seems. 

If I were a coach, I'd feel more comfortable if everyone was in a hotel.

Less chance of something happening i.e. a player being pulled over for speeding because he woke up 30 minutes late.

Archived