Putting the Training (Camp) Wheels On!

swede700

9 hours ago, DisplacedViking said:

Man I hope O'Neill lights it up, but I think the unofficial rules for the award require the winner to be drafted in the 3rd round or later. I'll go with Holton Hill.

Oh right! He was taken in the 2nd round. Whoops!

Idk.. I'll say Ade Aruna then.

The longest play of the day was what would have been a 70-plus yard touchdown run by running back Roc Thomas. The former Jacksonville State standout took a handoff and darted right before cutting back to the left with nothing but green grass in front of him. Right tackle Brian O’Neill and right guard Colby Gossett, who were drafted in April, helped clear the way for Thomas.

https://www.vikings.com/news/3-observations-vikings-spread-around-football-on-day-2?sf194389017=1

The Minnesota Vikings training camp for 2018 is in full swing with veterans reporting on Friday and the first full team practice set for Saturday at the TCO Performance Center in Eagan this weekend. The Vikings do not have many holes on their roster and the starting lineup is essentially set, but injuries can change that situation in an instant and there are no shortage of key spots still up for grabs as the team prepares for the regular season. Here is a look at the best position battles to keep an eye on and the names to know at each spot.

• No. 3 running back
  • Wide receiver depth
  • Tight ends behind Rudolph
  • Offensive line combination
  • Depth on the defense
  • Kick and punt returner
  • Kicker

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Vikings-training-camp-position-battles-to-watch-120142766/

25 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Today is the day football begins to me. All players report, I’m so excited. 

Every year we start falling in love with the young new guys. 

Who’s going to me the Training Camp Hero this year?

All players, all teams reported minus the holdouts and injured, football is officially back in the news and in our hearts! Every fanbase is excited and optimistic, even Cleveland. For me this means the thrill of daily reports of miraculous plays, unexpected roster bubble players standing out, previous disappointments taking the next step, and home team reporters pouring copious amounts of their Team's colors' Kool-aid. I love ALL of that! However we also get the huge disappointing news of player's injuries, some more devastating than others because of my own affinity for said player, like Teddy years back and Hercules this year. I'm even shook by Packer's players injuries, just a little less.

It isn't near the nervous excitement of opening day when wins and losses count, but it is still a wicked cool feeling!

As far as training camp hero predictions go, I find it hard to believe that anyone will generate the buzz that our new field general will. Cousins is quickly becoming the face of our franchise, and frankly I'm already 100% on board!

Archived