2018 Draft Eligible EDGE/RUSH Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 8/19/2017 at 7:34 PM, CalhounLambeau said:

He may very well end up there, he has great pro physical potential.

For me, Key and Landry have better 1st step explosiveness and ability to bend and wrap. That's why I have both over Ferrell for now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 4:23 PM, Scout said:

If only Dorrance Armstrong didn't play for Kansas..

Haven't seen a lot of him, but in what i have seen...initial impression is that he's maybe Dante Fowler Jr v2.0.  Love him for a lot of the same reasons i liked Fowler.  The motor, the physicality.  Concerned about him for a lot of the same reasons Fowler seems to be struggling to find himself as a Pro.  Lack of refinement, not a consistent line 'em up and bend around guy, doesn't seem to consistently face the premier pass blockers due to deployment.  My impression was that he seems to get locked up and blocked out a lot too often for my liking.

But we'll see if he can improve on that this year.  Lots of season.

On 9/6/2017 at 0:14 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

He's going to test well, he is versatile in the mold of Justin Tuck and he is in a hot bed for NFL talent.

At the same time, he's surrounded by NFL talent.  I mean, if he doesn't put up numbers because every other lineman it taking up the TFL/Sack numbers, doesn't look great for his pro prospects, right? Especially since you have guys like Hubbard, Jones, and Lewis who could all be 1st Round Picks.  He stays a year and puts up numbers as the main guy, he could easily be a top half of the first round pick with his tools.

But yea, wow.  OSU's D-line might all play in the NFL this year.  Thats ridiculous.........

9 hours ago, PacAttack04 said:

At the same time, he's surrounded by NFL talent.  I mean, if he doesn't put up numbers because every other lineman it taking up the TFL/Sack numbers, doesn't look great for his pro prospects, right? Especially since you have guys like Hubbard, Jones, and Lewis who could all be 1st Round Picks.  He stays a year and puts up numbers as the main guy, he could easily be a top half of the first round pick with his tools.

But yea, wow.  OSU's D-line might all play in the NFL this year.  Thats ridiculous.........

I hear what you are saying but Danielle Hunter only had 1.5 sacks his last year at LSU, just sayin.....In the NFL, its about the traits, not the production. And to be honest, he may test better than all three you listed...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 7:26 PM, lark25 said:

Do you think Nick is as good a prospect as Joey?

They're different man. Joey was more technical Nick is like a brute force

But they have alot similarities 

Joey could play all of 34 OLB 34 DE 43 RE 43 LE

Nick will pretty much be a 43 LE or 34 DE he doesn't have the fluidity that Joey had

Nick somewhat reminds me of Chris Long coming out of Virginia which scares me slightly as a pro prospect I need to see that fluidity to bend the end but yes he is a future first rounder 

Not sure why Chris Long would be a concern?  Before the injuries hit he was the best player on that D and a pro-bowler with 13 and 11 sack seasons.  Maybe you don't pick that guy #2, but a mid first isn't bad for that kind of player.  

Looking at some of the combine/pro day measurables he was slightly more explosive than J-Bosa but Joey 2" taller, bigger wingspan (more growth potential) and Joey also had better 3 cone/shuttle times (seeming consistent with that fluidity/twitch).  

Archived