2018 Draft Eligible EDGE/RUSH Thread

CalhounLambeau

41 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Didn't want to start a new thread about this but quick question for the draft "gurus" on here.

Can Uchenna Nwosu play inside in a 3-4, or is he just a edge guy? Also who would be a comparison for him.

Honestly, he could probably play inside. He is pretty similar to another USC EDGE/Backer Devon Kennard.

Nwosu is a pretty solid athlete who arguably had better quickness testing than any of the top guys not named Harold Landry, which was a bit surprising because on film he mainly wins with awareness and sound play. 

I'm gonna die on this hill, but Gernard Avery as a pass rusher is a damn beast.  Violent hands, and legit threw around some bigger OTs.  I know he's undersized but man.  I watched 3 cuts up of Kolton Miller because he's in play for the Bengals at #21.  Miller actually looked good except when he faced Avery.  Watched a few more games of Avery and while he has flaws in space as a ILB, whenever he was asked to rush the passer he straight up dominated.

Anyone else have any thoughts on him?

10 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm gonna die on this hill, but Gernard Avery as a puss rusher is a damn beast.  Violent hands, and legit threw around some bigger OTs.  I know he's undersized but man.  I watched 3 cuts up of Kolton Miller because he's in play for the Bengals at #21.  Miller actually looked good except when he faced Avery.  Watched a few more games of Avery and while he has flaws in space as a ILB, whenever he was asked to rush the passer he straight up dominated.

I think you nailed it well. Out of likes for the day, it seems. :( 

55 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm gonna die on this hill, but Gernard Avery as a puss rusher is a damn beast.  Violent hands, and legit threw around some bigger OTs.  I know he's undersized but man.  I watched 3 cuts up of Kolton Miller because he's in play for the Bengals at #21.  Miller actually looked good except when he faced Avery.  Watched a few more games of Avery and while he has flaws in space as a ILB, whenever he was asked to rush the passer he straight up dominated.

I love Puss rushers

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Future starting SAM of the 49ers...that's all you need to know ;)

On 21/04/2018 at 8:38 AM, TheVillain112 said:

The violence with his hands really is something else.  It's like a little kung fu movie within the game on every snap.  xD  I think he could end up being one heck of moving piece in a hybrid/multiple front system, and/or a 4-3 Sam in a scheme where they'll let him attack frequently and make use of some of his pass rushing skillset.  But i don't really see him as a pure pass rush prospect who is going to consistently just line up and beat guys at the NFL level.

I think part of why he looked so dangerous vs Kolton Miller is more about Miller's flaws as a guy who is almost too tall for his own good.  Where as Avery as a squatty little tank got underneath him so easily and used all that compact power he has to get Miller in real trouble.

On 4/21/2018 at 8:38 AM, TheVillain112 said:

I don't know, man. I felt like Miller looked like a disaster waiting to happen. He's obviously athletic, but he plays tall with a glaring lack of power and anchor. Guys who had no business giving him trouble were jolting him with their hands on speed-to-power rushes and then bulling him into the pocket.

Archived