2018 Draft Eligible EDGE/RUSH Thread

CalhounLambeau

Ok so let me get this straight, some think Street is better than Chubb?

Kentavius Street SR 6-2 287 with roughly 15 TTL and 6.5 sacks

Bradley Chubb SR 6-4 275 with roughly 39 TTL and 20.5 sacks

Ummm ok, in what world is that the case?  In what world is Street better than Chubb?  What in terms of a 3/4 DE?  Sure maybe but in terms of a pass rushing defensive end Chubb is a better prospect and it is not even that close.  Street does some impressive things athletically at times but Chubb does far more impressive things and has been doing it the last two seasons, heck he shows great promise as a sophomore.  It is not like the game against FSU this season was the only dominating game Chubb has had, he has had many of those, kid is a 1st round talent.  Street is not, good player but is not a 1st round talent like Chubb is.  

Curious as to what people make of the lack of production from both Key and Landry? Haven't watched much of any of their games this year and purely box score scouting but can anyone who's watched them play touch on this? I know Key took some time off for personal reasons and needed some time to get back into shape to start the season but I thought these two were supposed to be tears off the edge. 

44 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Curious as to what people make of the lack of production from both Key and Landry? Haven't watched much of any of their games this year and purely box score scouting but can anyone who's watched them play touch on this? I know Key took some time off for personal reasons and needed some time to get back into shape to start the season but I thought these two were supposed to be tears off the edge. 

BC is rotating Landry a ton. I did his first 3 games and he was still getting pressures. I don't really mess with juniors in October, so idk about Key

4 minutes ago, Scout said:

BC is rotating Landry a ton. I did his first 3 games and he was still getting pressures. I don't really mess with juniors in October, so idk about Key

Ok, preciate it. Well that's good news about Landry as ive always thought he'd be perfect for the LEO/SAM role in the Niners new 4-3 under scheme. I'd like to see him make better on those pressures but I'm glad he's atleast getting those with I'm sure added attention from the OL.

18 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Ok, preciate it. Well that's good news about Landry as ive always thought he'd be perfect for the LEO/SAM role in the Niners new 4-3 under scheme. I'd like to see him make better on those pressures but I'm glad he's atleast getting those with I'm sure added attention from the OL.

Him and Key are prototype LEO's

2 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

BC doesn't trust Landry too much to play the run so he rotates in and out a lot. Key has been asked to play in coverage and play contain a lot this year, and when he is allowed to rush the passer they're making him do tackle reads which basically prevents him from getting a good get off and usually just forces him into playing the rush lane/passing lane. He also doesn't look as motivated/isn't playing as intensely.

6 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

The lack of production for Key is concerning.  He is very out of shape and it tells, does not get the push he got last year and does not give the effort he gave last year.  Made some flashes against Florida chasing down the football and making a few plays, but later in the game he went out of the game not sure why if he was injured or what.  Leadership wise one would expect more out of him especially with how that defense has played, they were better this last game but Florida has a terrible offense that is out of sync and are without a lot of players.

Still could round into form but is not playing like a high 1st round pick at all.  Will see if he can turn it around the rest of the year, but for sure that DL is lacking in talent and production across the board and there is few to take pressure off of him.  Against Florida Delpit at safety was far more aggressive against Florida and played better in the box which helped, and White was good at linebacker and Jackson did some things at corner.  Key has yet to really be productive or make much of an impact in any game, got a few pressures from time to time but not mch, this time last year after week six he had 6.5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles, and that only includes 5 games because one was Postponed, this year after week six and six games he has 0.5 sacks.  Had some health issues he was recovering from, missed some game time early but still.

25 minutes ago, justo said:

Does anyone in P5 football have more sacks over the last two years than Harold Landry? Key is raw, but I don't think I'd say Landry is close to lacking production.

He definitely started the season slowly.  Hopefully this last game got him back on track.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:49 PM, IDOG_det said:

BC doesn't trust Landry too much to play the run so he rotates in and out a lot. Key has been asked to play in coverage and play contain a lot this year, and when he is allowed to rush the passer they're making him do tackle reads which basically prevents him from getting a good get off and usually just forces him into playing the rush lane/passing lane. He also doesn't look as motivated/isn't playing as intensely.

So they are basically saying he isn't physical, not good at all.

10 hours ago, justo said:

Does anyone in P5 football have more sacks over the last two years than Harold Landry? Key is raw, but I don't think I'd say Landry is close to lacking production.

Past production means nothing for you currently, all it does is attract attention from the offense, I actually think this would be where you see the real prospect under those conditions. The one thing I can say is I watched Bosa and Garrett very closely over the past few years and they received heavy attention from offenses and were still impactful in games and statistically, that also says a lot about their character. Not necessarily attacking their character but those guys motor never stopped even though they knew they would have to work extra hard to get home.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Someone wanna give me some names that'd be a good fit for GB? Assuming we'll be picking the the mid to early teens. 

I think EDGE is #1 priority for this uocoming off-season for the Packers and HOPE we address it early. 

No particular order: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Harold Landry, Sam Hubbard, Lorenzo Carter, Arden Key to name a few. My question to you is what's going on with Kyler Fackrell? I was really high on him coming out a few years ago.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

No particular order: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Harold Landry, Sam Hubbard, Lorenzo Carter, Arden Key to name a few. My question to you is what's going on with Kyler Fackrell? I was really high on him coming out a few years ago.

I've been interested in guys like Landry and Hubbard, I'll have to check out the others aswell. 

It might be a little too early to completely give up on Fackrell but my god is he soft. Guy needs to add 10lbs of muscle and strap his helmet on tigher or something because he's the most unphysical OLB I have seen play in the NFL. (Crosses fingers that that may change)

17 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Someone wanna give me some names that'd be a good fit for GB? Assuming we'll be picking the the mid to early teens. 

I think EDGE is #1 priority for this uocoming off-season for the Packers and HOPE we address it early. 

If you guys end up picking kind of early, Okoronkwo would be great for you guys. Hercules Mata'afa seems like a guy Green Bay would like, though the teens would be a little early for him (at least, for what he's shown so far)

Archived