2018 Draft Eligible EDGE/RUSH Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

If you guys end up picking kind of early, Okoronkwo would be great for you guys. Hercules Mata'afa seems like a guy Green Bay would like, though the teens would be a little early for him (at least, for what he's shown so far)

Been watching him. He wins a lot on second effort and counter moves to his first move. Love the heart and the no quit. Just want to see him beat the tackle with his first move more often. My favorite play of his is against K State where he was essentially held off by three olineman and a RB and he never quits and gets the sack. 

8 hours ago, Counselor said:

Been watching him. He wins a lot on second effort and counter moves to his first move. Love the heart and the no quit. Just want to see him beat the tackle with his first move more often. My favorite play of his is against K State where he was essentially held off by three olineman and a RB and he never quits and gets the sack

Its things like that, that cannot be coached. Effort and game looks similar to Tamba Hali, but I'll be the first to tell you his size will be an issue moving forward. 6'0 247 or so will be an issue playing on the next level.

Loved Landry last year, but feared that he was all athleticism and no physicality. Those fears have redoubled this year. 

Bradley Chubb looks like the real deal to me, even though he looks smaller than advertised. I'm guessing 6'2 250. He's got a great combo of athleticism and strength. Top-ten pick, in my opinion.

13 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

If you guys end up picking kind of early, Okoronkwo would be great for you guys. Hercules Mata'afa seems like a guy Green Bay would like, though the teens would be a little early for him (at least, for what he's shown so far)

I wish I knew what to make of Hercules Mata'afa.  Plays interior DL even though that's clearly not where his future lies.

32 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

How does Bradley Chubb compare to Pernell McPhee?

He's better.  Honestly, not sure if you're looking for a real breakdown or anything, but McPhee isn't anything special.  You could easily make the argument that Chubb has been the premier pass rusher in CFB this year.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

He's better.  Honestly, not sure if you're looking for a real breakdown or anything, but McPhee isn't anything special.  You could easily make the argument that Chubb has been the premier pass rusher in CFB this year.

I reslly just think McPhee has been killed by his injuries that just don't go away, and the little I watched of Chubb him and McPhee have a similar playing style, close enough body size and type if the HWT are to be believed.  But I obviously think Chubb is a much better prospect than McPhee was, but also a great draft pick and replacement for McPhee on the Bears if he is there would be great on the other side from Floyd.

4 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

That's a really good comparison. 

Will likely have similar size, similar measurables, both won with power in college, both are smooth movers and play violently/aggressively.  Unfortunately McPhee's knee problems cut down his ceiling a bit. McPhee was less refined coming out and developed into a really good player whereas Chubb seems to have it figured out earlier. I might steal that comparison. 

On 10/28/2017 at 10:23 AM, blkwdw13 said:

Nice physical comparison but ultimately McPhee had what 22 TFL and 7 sacks in two years in college and was a 5th round pick.  

Chubb who in four years has over 47 TFL and 22 sacks and counting, and will probably be a 1st round pick.  So yes physically both have arms like tree trunks but Chubb has been a far more productive college player and plays a true 4/3 DE where McPhee was always a hybrid 3/4 OLB with power but could play some DE as well.   McPhee has been a pleasant surprise but Chubb will come into the league with are more expectations being a much higher draft pick.

Oh and the lack of Darius Jackson talk in this thread as a 3/4 OLB speed rusher is a sin.

37 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Nice physical comparison but ultimately McPhee had what 22 TFL and 7 sacks in two years in college and was a 5th round pick. Chubb who in four years has over 47 TFL and 22 sacks and counting, and will probably be a 1st round pick.  So yes physically both have arms like tree trunks but Chubb has been a far more productive college player and plays a true 4/3 DE where McPhee was always a hybrid 3/4 OLB with power but could play some DE as well. McPhee has been a pleasant surprise but Chubb will come into the league with are more expectations being a much higher draft pick. Oh and the lack of Darius Jackson talk in this thread as a 3/4 OLB speed rusher is a sin.

I'm going to try to put the statistics in perspective. Bradley Chubb comes from a big football family. His dad played football at Georgia. He went to NC State much more prepared than most. Pernell McPhee was abused by his mother and fled to live with his grandma. He spent the rest of his childhood sleeping on the floor, living in the ghetto and managed to play one season of high school football. McPhee was far behind and had to go through Junior College. Then went to Mississippi State and had to learn how to play at that level on the fly. So there's a clear reason why his statistical resume at Mississippi State is lacking compared to Bradley Chubb. It's not true that McPhee was always a hybrid lineman/linebacker. He was a down lineman and weighed almost 280 pounds when he left college. 

3 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

I'm going to try to put the statistics in perspective. Bradley Chubb comes from a big football family. His dad played football at Georgia. He went to NC State much more prepared than most. Pernell McPhee was abused by his mother and fled to live with his grandma. He spent the rest of his childhood sleeping on the floor, living in the ghetto and managed to play one season of high school football. McPhee was far behind and had to go through Junior College. Then went to Mississippi State and had to learn how to play at that level on the fly. So there's a clear reason why his statistical resume at Mississippi State is lacking compared to Bradley Chubb. It's not true that McPhee was always a hybrid lineman/linebacker. He was a down lineman and weighed almost 280 pounds when he left college. 

He is much more like Chris Long

Archived