2018 Expansion Draft - Chiefs

One Punch Man

Imagine a new team is being ushered into the league. Every team has to pick 5 players from its roster. Designated players will be pooled (32 teams, 5 players each for a total of 160 players) and be made available to the new team via the Expansion Draft. From the total pool (and current list of Free Agents), the new franchise will pick (or “draft”) a full 53-player roster for the 2018-19 season.

Typically, teams offer up players they’re actively looking to get rid of (declining performance, age, salary). 

Designation Rules:

No kickers and punters.

No players set to become free agents.

No players who just spent an entire year on injured reserve.

Only one player with 10 or more years of experience.

That being said... What 5 players would you offer up for the 2018-19 season? Why? 

Not many bad contracts;

S Daniel Sorensen 

P Dustin Colquitt

DL Xavier Williams

LB Ukeme Eligwe

OL Parker Ehinger.

Those would be my 5.  Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz we would have no replacements.  Justin Houston and Eric Berry have big contracts, but I don’t think any is disappointed with them.  All others would be FA’s signed from this last year, which we have no idea how they’ll feel right now 

Colquitt is a punter, so not eligible to use. The other four make sense. I'll use one.

S Daniel Sorensen 

DL Jarvis Jenkins

LB Frank Zombo

TE Jace Amaro

S Leon McQuay III

On the whole roster, the only two players with 10 years are Colquitt and Chad Henne. We have a raft of DB waiting to thin out. The ones that are already safeties are prime targets.

J

Good call on Colquitt, I honestly struggled finding 5. 

Amaro, Jenkins, and Zombo are all on 1 year deals.  McQuay is also, but I think ERFA’s are okay?

Eric Murray or James Winchester (if LD are eligible) would be my replacements for Colquitt.

Chad Henne

Daniel Sorensen

Winchester (if we can take LS)

Demarcus Robinson (if we can't take LS)

Eric Murray

Jehu Chesson

All are under contract in 2019, didn't spend last year on IR/PS, only Henne has 10+ year of experience and none are kickers/punters

Basically, this would hurt our special teams but not our staring XIs

Archived