2018 Draft Eligible CB Thread

CalhounLambeau

Where would you guys project Minkah Fitzpatrick ranking wise, if a team where looking for purely Corner?  I've seen blurbs about him being a kind of Jalen Ramsey style player who could do both Corner or Safety, but he doesn't seem to ever show up on anyone's board as a Corner.

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Where would you guys project Minkah Fitzpatrick ranking wise, if a team where looking for purely Corner?  I've seen blurbs about him being a kind of Jalen Ramsey style player who could do both Corner or Safety, but he doesn't seem to ever show up on anyone's board as a Corner.

If he were purely a corner, he'd go in the late 1st. I never viewed him as a shutdown cornerback despite his physical tools. He's a very good athlete, but he's a little tight in the hips to be turning and running with the superfreaks in the NFL. Not that he couldn't play there, but he's not Jalen Ramsey.

That being said, I didn't think Ramsey at CB would last very long and the dude is lockdown.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:40 PM, Rich7sena said:

Tarvaris McFadden is a terrible tackler for how big he is. He's a player I want to like more than I do.

I don't really like doing the same school comp thing, but I wanted to say Antonio Cromartie for him because of his speed, size, and vaginal tendencies.

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

He's probably mid first for me because his worth is scheme specific. I don't think he's anywhere near Ramsey as a player.

On 12/5/2017 at 6:28 PM, Rich7sena said:

He's probably mid first for me because his worth is scheme specific. I don't think he's anywhere near Ramsey as a player.

Is he a better prospect than Humphrey was last year and Ronnie Harrison is this year?

57 minutes ago, Classic said:

Is he a better prospect than Humphrey was last year and Ronnie Harrison is this year?

I haven't watched Harrison. I would probably like Humphrey better because he plays a more valuable position. But I liked Humphrey more than most last year.

On 11/30/2017 at 4:49 PM, CalhounLambeau said:

I've had Kevin Toliver as my top ranked CB most of the year just based on his size and upside, but he's closer to 6'1" than 6'3".

On 12/1/2017 at 6:41 AM, Da_Ducktator said:

I thought Toliver has played pretty well all year. He struggled with the wet grass in the first half against 'Bama and only saw about half the snaps in that game, but I thought in the 4th quarter he played very well. Against A&M last week, the guy was glue. Toliver stuck right with Christian Kirk like it was nothing. Impressive for a man of his size.

He is right up there with me. I love the sikly smoothness of Denzel Ward and the fact he's willing to tackle and get physical despite his size. Reminds me a lot of Janoris Jenkins in his overall game. But Toliver's potential as a press corner is as high as Patrick Peterson (fittingly, another LSU guy).

Toliver looks outstanding on paper from a physical stand point. Im sure he has coaches drooling in practice. But his game tape makes me cringe, there are so many times where he could be called for DPI from a NFL ref crew, give up more easy passing routes then he should, and more often then not just plays ancy. Not to mention he gets walled off pretty easy in the run game by CB's.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:12 AM, Classic said:

Humphery was always overrated. Fitzpatrick and Harrison are both great NFL prospects that will go in the top 15, but I'm going Fitzpatrick over Harrison because FS is more of an impact position than SS. Harrison is very good, but he won't make a ton of plays on the ball or be able to man anybody up. Fitzpatrick is more versatile in that regard. They are completely different players.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

So if he can't make plays on the ball or man anyone up why would be go in the top 15?

Because he's basically a linebacker. He's going to be an Adrian Wilson type player, not a ball hawk. He's not bad in coverage and isn't really caught with his pants down out of position, he's just not athletic enough to cover a large portion of the field. A team that employs a defense like Seattle would love this kid. He could play the role Kam Chancellor plays perfectly. And I actually think he's a better athlete than Kam.

If you're a team that gets gashed on the edges of your defense, Ronnie Harrison makes a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Because he's basically a linebacker. He's going to be an Adrian Wilson type player, not a ball hawk. He's not bad in coverage and isn't really caught with his pants down out of position, he's just not athletic enough to cover a large portion of the field. A team that employs a defense like Seattle would love this kid. He could play the role Kam Chancellor plays perfectly. And I actually think he's a better athlete than Kam.

If you're a team that gets gashed on the edges of your defense, Ronnie Harrison makes a lot of sense.

The player you described typically doesn't go top 15. And safeties in general tend to go much lower than anticipated. 

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

The player you described typically doesn't go top 15. And safeties in general tend to go much lower than anticipated. 

You might be right. I thought Collins would have gone top 15 and he didn't.

I personally would have no problem taking him that high, but people have shyed away recently from taking SS types early.

Archived