2018 Expansion Draft - Raiders

One Punch Man

Imagine a new team is being ushered into the league. Every team has to pick 5 players from its roster. Designated players will be pooled (32 teams, 5 players each for a total of 160 players) and be made available to the new team via the Expansion Draft. From the total pool (and current list of Free Agents), the new franchise will pick (or “draft”) a full 53-player roster for the 2018-19 season.

Typically, teams offer up players they’re actively looking to get rid of (declining performance, age, salary). 

Designation Rules:

No kickers and punters.

No players set to become free agents.

No players who just spent an entire year on injured reserve.

Only one player with 10 or more years of experience.

That being said... What 5 players would you offer up for the 2018-19 season? Why? 

1) Roberts - Apparently hes gone anyway

2) Holton - Dont see him getting much PT and I'd like to see him have a chance to play

3) Washington - underwhelming to me

4) Richard - same as Wash

5) Obi - have high Hope's for him. But my gut says he isn't in the league in 3 years (hope I'm wrong)

1) Donald Penn - Some think that Jordy's level of play is going to drop off a cliff.  Wait to you see our LT get replaced by the 6th game.  It will not be because the Rookies are that good.

2) Seth Roberts - It would be a lot easier to score with WRs that do not kill drives with dropped passes.

3) next 3 players that would not make the team or practice squad

4)

5)

There are other players I would put on this list but we could trade them and get something in return.

Seth Roberts, WR.  WR4 at best.  Not worth his contract.

Shilique Calhoun, Edge.  Bustville.  Population: this guy.

Connor Cook, QB. Unlikely to even become a mediocre backup.

Vadal Alexander, OL.  We have like 3 of the exact same OL player and he's out of chances.

Frostee Rucker, DL.  Don't think he makes it past camp tbh.

Required more thought than I expected because there are a lot of players whoa are FAs next year. But...

-Seth Roberts: Overpaid and now sitting at 4/5 on the depth chart

-Vadal Alexander: Given every opportunity at RT. Too slow and penalty prone. Plus a coming suspension.

-Marquel Lee: Just a guy at best. Nothing worth hanging on to

-Jylan Ware: His status as the athletic project OT is Parker's now

-Derek Carrier: Tempted to go with Connor Cook but possibility Gruden can develop him, however unlikely, outweighs the benefit of a TE3

Penn: Last season his holdout pissed me off and I wasn't willing to resign him.

Roberts: Too many players at the position I'd rather keep.

Calhoun: Won't make the cut and if he doesn't qualify. DT Hester now that we've got our rookies.

QB Cook: Doubt he beats Manuel so let him go.

Any of the CB's not named Conley who were on the team last season. LOL

On 6/21/2018 at 2:26 PM, G said:

Penn: Last season his holdout pissed me off and I wasn't willing to resign him.

I love when fan say this kind of stuff. He was playing at an extremely high level. Reason 1 for Carr's protection and growth and was underpaid. 

This is a job for these athletes. They get a limited window to make money. Saying you hate players holding out is saying you hate capitalism.

And I 100% imagine you don't have ill feeling towards Mack holding out right now amirite?

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I love when fan say this kind of stuff. He was playing at an extremely high level. Reason 1 for Carr's protection and growth and was underpaid. 

This is a job for these athletes. They get a limited window to make money. Saying you hate players holding out is saying you hate capitalism.

And I 100% imagine you don't have ill feeling towards Mack holding out right now amirite?

Yeah lets keep politics out of this. I don't need to hear everyone's thoughts on that subject.

On 6/24/2018 at 9:45 AM, big_palooka said:

Saying you hate players holding out is saying you hate capitalism.

LOLOLOLOL No I was saying he wasn't worth it. Capitalism was knowing what to pay him the first time and knowing he was replacable...That's a market and I think a lot of players will look good with Carr's quick release and our interior line. 

If you look at my past posts I'm the guy who's been willing to trade Mack so...Keep it up ButtercuP

On 6/24/2018 at 9:45 AM, big_palooka said:

Penn plays on an island against the AFC West and plays very well. If fans are gonna go after someone, go after someone who's overpaid garbage. Not Penn.

22 hours ago, G said:

LOLOLOLOL No I was saying he wasn't worth it. Capitalism was knowing what to pay him the first time and knowing he was replacable...That's a market and I think a lot of players will look good with Carr's quick release and our interior line. 

If you look at my past posts I'm the guy who's been willing to trade Mack so...Keep it up ButtercuP

Trade Mack??? You were serious about that? I figured you were on a bad shroom trip or something.

Archived