2018 Expansion Draft - Lions

One Punch Man

Imagine a new team is being ushered into the league. Every team has to pick 5 players from its roster. Designated players will be pooled (32 teams, 5 players each for a total of 160 players) and be made available to the new team via the Expansion Draft. From the total pool (and current list of Free Agents), the new franchise will pick (or “draft”) a full 53-player roster for the 2018-19 season.

Typically, teams offer up players they’re actively looking to get rid of (declining performance, age, salary). 

Designation Rules:

No kickers and punters.

No players set to become free agents.

No players who just spent an entire year on injured reserve.

Only one player with 10 or more years of experience.

That being said... What 5 players would you offer up for the 2018-19 season? Why? 

6 hours ago, Typical_Lions said:

Tough question to answer because imo the Lions don't really have any bad contracts on the books that fit your parameters. Only one that comes to mind that would fit would be Kenny Wiggins and even his contract is palatable.

Honestly that's what I was thinking too. I had to look through everything and nothing stood out even then. Maybe Theo Riddick?

38 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

First time in a long time I can't think of any Lions players that meet this criteria. Not a lot of bad contracts right now. That's a good thing.

Quinn, while he has reworked the roster, has kept a handle on the cap. 

The only player that jumps out to me is Abdullah. If we have to choose 5 players he’s on my list. Not because he’s overpaid but I’m prepared to see him go.

Perhaps Lawson?

T.J. Lang is probably the worst contract on the books ignoring Ansahs tag.

As you’ve all said it’s never been a problem but now, no obvious answer.

Archived