2018 Expansion Draft - Packers

One Punch Man

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Yeah that's the kind of players that go in expansion drafts. Who wants to buy tickets and put on national TV a team full of Geronimo Allison and Kyler Fackrells?

Yes.  It's an expansion team.  I want them to take their lumps and see if they can rise above it and become relevant in 5-10 years. 

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yes.  It's an expansion team.  I want them to take their lumps and see if they can rise above it and become relevant in 5-10 years. 

Well that's not good for the NFL and that's what the league will want. It would also create a super weak team that would benefit the other teams in the division the expansion team was placed in. If it was in the NFC and another team got a wildcard over us by playing a cupcake twice a year, your tune would probably change.

I don't even think the 16-20th best players on all the team would create a very good roster. You're looking at a 6-10 team probably.

2 hours ago, SSG said:

5 players from our current roster or 5 from a projected 53?

Projected 53. No rookies. Sorry I copy pasted the rules from some website and had to mass post this in each forum. Didn’t have much time to carefully go over the post. 

You guys aren’t picking players to protect. You’re picking players to essentially give away, if there’s any confusion.

46 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

Projected 53. No rookies. Sorry I copy pasted the rules from some website and had to mass post this in each forum. Didn’t have much time to carefully go over the post. 

You guys aren’t picking players to protect. You’re picking players to essentially give away, if there’s any confusion.

Stayed away from the UFAs that were added this off season.  

Lance Kendricks- Offers very little upside and has a contract that is going to be bigger than what he contributes to the offense. 

Bryan Buluga- More of a salary dump.  Good player when healthy but can't be depended on to stay healthy. 

Kyler Fackrell- He's got little to no upside as a defender.  He's older for his tenure in the league and isn't much more than a STer. 

Quinten Rollins- He's not a NFL caliber player IMO.  IMO he'd have had trouble extending his career even if he didn't tear his Achilles.

Lucas Patrick- Gotta find a body someplace and he's probably at the bottom of the offensive lineman depth chart. 

I'm wondering if, in the long run, an expansion team is better with no poison-chalice 'gifts' from other teams. Maybe they are better served taking away many of other teams practice squad players, and putting them on their final 53. A few veterans would help, but too many can mess with your cap structure.

11 hours ago, BluePacker said:

I'm going to assume this year's draft picks wouldn't count/be eligible.

5: Rodgers, Bakhtiari, Adams, K. Clark, Daniels

10: SAA, Clinton-Dix, Perry, Matthews, King, Crosby 

I might be missing a joke or nickname but who the hell is SAA?

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Well that's not good for the NFL and that's what the league will want. It would also create a super weak team that would benefit the other teams in the division the expansion team was placed in. If it was in the NFC and another team got a wildcard over us by playing a cupcake twice a year, your tune would probably change.

I don't even think the 16-20th best players on all the team would create a very good roster. You're looking at a 6-10 team probably.

Look at the Golden Knights, it was huge for the NHL for them to compete right away.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, SSG said:

5: AR12, Bak, CM3, Clark, Adams

10: Daniels, Linsley, Taylor, Perry, HHCD

Tough one as i don't feel like we had 10 really good players last year.  Part of me wanted to leave Perry and HHCD off the list (because of last years season) in favor of sophomores King and Jones but I like the chances better that the 2 young former pro bowlers will rebound more so than the sophomores developing into pro bowl caliber players. 

I put Clark in the top 5 over Daniels not because I feel he's a better player but because of his age.  

In the salary cap era, value for money is more important. King and Jones are good players on rookie deals - any 2nd or 3rd year rookie who looks a good player , would be a priority to protect. Having good players on rookie deals is what makes a roster if you complement with the star vets.

Linsley is a good player who I don't want to lose but his contract is pretty high so if he went then you'd have cap room - him and Perry, CM3 and so on would be lower down the priority list.

Archived