Browns sign OT Greg Robinson

TheKillerNacho

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Fisher was all about the physical upside, didn't pay attention to whether they were smart enough to play their position. Snead has done well since Fisher was fired, he is good but Fisher had to go. Giving Fisher total roster control was a horrible decision by Demoff. And lets not act like the Rams were the only team that rated him highly based off his physical abilities.

Sound like when the Broncos and Redskins gave Mike Shanahan total control. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It begs the question, why did Les Snead and Jeff Fisher even draft him 2nd overall? What an awful draft choice!

They should’ve both been fired after that season or at the least two seasons later in 2014.

Wasnt that the year Khalil Mack was drafted too? Could Mack and Donald been on the same defense? O.o

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wasnt that the year Khalil Mack was drafted too? Could Mack and Donald been on the same defense? O.o

Always fun to speculate, but if we take Mack at 2 does Donald fall to 13 or maybe get taken by the Raiders or somebody else when the Raiders take their guy.

11 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Always fun to speculate, but if we take Mack at 2 does Donald fall to 13 or maybe get taken by the Raiders or somebody else when the Raiders take their guy.

Given how highly regarding Robinson was he would likely still go before 13. I get what you mean though, remove 1 pass rusher earlier could mean Donald goes earlier but wasnt he sort of a surprising pick at 13? Seemed like teams were very concerned with his size

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Pretty sure the monkey would get destroyed...but in all seriousness if those 2 blocks are so easy to learn then why not have someone else do them that may actually have some potential to be an average backup OT

Because there aren't freaks like Greg Robinson out there. He's the perfect candidate to be a specialty blocker if he could mentally figure it out because of his overwhelming traits. I'd at least give it a try in an attempt to get something out of him.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Mike Shanahan drafted Trent Williams.  Fisher drafted Robinson.  I’d say that’s a pretty big difference.

They both had hits and misses inside and outside the top 10. Unless you're trying to say Shanahan was great at drafting just because of Williams I'd imagine his point stands.

25 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

They both had hits and misses inside and outside the top 10. Unless you're trying to say Shanahan was great at drafting just because of Williams I'd imagine his point stands.

He drafted the Redskins best two players currently on the roster in Williams and Kerrigan, and Jordan Reed is one of the best when healthy.  The only major bust under Shanahan was RG3, but that trade was heavily influenced by Dan Snyder.

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

The Redskins traded the Rams 2 firsts and a second round draft pick and Fisher/Snead did very little with that. They got Brockers, Jenkins, Ogletree and  Robinson and didn’t make the playoffs when Fisher was the HC.

RG3 did make the playoffs as a rookie - better than any of the Rams draft picks that year until a former Shanahan assistant - Sean McVay came to LA last year. Also, the reason RG3 busted was because he got hurt and couldn’t stay healthy. He also didn’t handle the situation properly and he was conceeded as a young player.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/07/washington-redskins-st-louis-rams-robert-griffin-trade-players

RGIII's inability to breakdown NFL Defense's past his 1st read, didn't help either. That's the reason Shannahan has to scale back his massive playbook. 

That injury just sealed his fate as a NFL QB. 

15 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

RGIII's inability to breakdown NFL Defense's past his 1st read, didn't help either. That's the reason Shannahan has to scale back his massive playbook. 

That injury just sealed his fate as a NFL QB. 

I remember being crucified for calling out RG3 back in 2013. Good times..

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Redskins traded the Rams 2 firsts and a second round draft pick and Fisher/Snead did very little with that. They got Brockers, Jenkins, Ogletree and  Robinson and didn’t make the playoffs when Fisher was the HC.

RG3 did make the playoffs as a rookie - better than any of the Rams draft picks that year until a former Shanahan assistant - Sean McVay came to LA last year. Also, the reason RG3 busted was because he got hurt and couldn’t stay healthy. He also didn’t handle the situation properly and he was conceeded as a young player.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/07/washington-redskins-st-louis-rams-robert-griffin-trade-players

Wow yeah I never knew the details of that trade /s

tumblr_obt3d2SoSD1tfadx8o8_400.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 9:00 AM, MWil23 said:

The Browns need OT help/depth. I don't think that anyone is expecting him to come in and start or even necessarily make the team. That said, why not bring in a former #2 overall pick who is only 25 years old? There's probably about a 90% chance that he sucks here/gets cut, a 5% chance that he ends up being a capable OT, and about a 5% chance that he ends up magically figuring it out.

On 6/20/2018 at 9:04 AM, MWil23 said:

I mean, the Browns signed him to a 1 year, $790,000 deal with NO GUARANTEED MONEY. He's here to compete for a roster spot and likely gets cut. I'm not sure how anyone could really be critical of the Browns/this deal in this particular instance.

Yea, teams like the Browns who aren't realistically competing in 2018 should be taking exactly these sorts of risks IMO.

Archived