2018 NBA Random Offseason Discussion

CWood21

38 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Raptors also have interest in Korver that seems more likely than Leonard. 

That makes more sense for the Raptors than blowing up their nucleus for a Kawai rental. I think they should be making minor moves and planning for the future, not sending away players and picks for a dude that's going to be out of there in a year's time.

I think the Raptors should blow their whole team up. They aren't beating the Celtics or the 76ers. And if they somehow managed to do that, they certainly aren't beating the Warriors. I'd ship off your assets and try and build a young team with the assets you have now. Because they aren't championship contenders right now and being the 10th-12th best team in the NBA does nothing for you. TIme to ship out those assets, not make moves to compete.

24 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

No. It sounds to me like Kawai wants to play for a big market team, not the freaking TORONTO Raptors.

And if the Raptors trade one of their two "stars" (Lowry, DeRozan) which they'd have to do, they're not going to be that much better. They are still, at best, the 3rd best team in the Eastern Conference. So not having a chance to compete for a championship in a dead market on a team outside of the country? Yeah, I have a very hard time believing Kawai would be down to stay in Toronto, especially given how diva-esque he's been acting as of late.

toronto is one of the biggest markets in the nba 

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

toronto is one of the biggest markets in the nba 

6M+ in the GTA alone. Basically Canada’s team. Great city the stigma it has is unfair but it is what it is. 

I will disagree with much of the previous posts however the main sentiment not beating the Warriors is 100% correct. Trading for Leonard if he is 100% not going to resign isn’t the best move. But if he did come and LIS in previous post on the matter we can make a run and potentially reach the finals and a few other things happen then I think there about a 50/50 chance he would resign. 

NO ONE is beating the Warriors NEXT YEAR but what about the next few years? Things could change who knows. 

Anyways the raptors with Kawhi being the third best team in the east at best is a pretty egregious statement imo but you are certianly entitled to it. 

Again I really doubt we make this move but I am in favour of taking a swing just to see. We are set for a full rebuild in two seasons when everyone is off the books so why not be bold and try and do something perhaps altering their future plans?

Toronto is super dope……except in the winter time. But I'm a Cali guy so I'm sure I'd hate most mid-Western and East Coast cities lol. 

I've been there three times and just last August for my boys wedding, definitely one of the best cities a player can play for. 

Raptors need to make a move, but will suck to lose guys like OG if it is only a one year rental. 

11 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Anyways the raptors with Kawhi being the third best team in the east at best is a pretty egregious statement imo but you are certianly entitled to it. 

You would be losing one of Derozan, Valanciunas, or Lowry. Plus some other pieces.

How is that team going to beat Boston or Philly?

Here some random off season discussion. The Rockets have been to the Western Conference Finals twice in the 4 years the warriors have won it, Harden is the only guy from the rockets to be on both teams. Well Capela was a rookie who spent the year in the d-league. but the entire roster changed over in the 2 years between.

edit: Ariza was there, but hes gone now.  

Archived