2018 NBA Random Offseason Discussion

CWood21

1 minute ago, persiandud said:

yea you guys got close, but i don't see enough rockets fans admitting that the Dubs didn't have Iguodala for....what was it...5 games? 

that series ends in 5 most likely if Iggy is healthy. this league is broken, man. makes me sad. 

i think it was going 7 regardless but yeah the warriors broke the league.

no, iggy makes a big difference. run that series back with everyone healthy and the most likely outcome is Dubs in 5

hard to swallow due to how great they were in the regular season, but the Dubs also didn't care about the season/seeding. it'll be more of the same this season, making sure everyone is rested. 29 teams playing the season for the cardio, man. 

hoping Boogie causes the locker room to implode or something, idk

that's fine. probably not a fan of empirical data, then

i know steve kerr is

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/steve-kerr-says-warriors-would-have-beaten-rockets-in-five-games-if-andre-iguodala-was-healthy/

Also, it seems relevant to note that Iguodala sports the second-best net rating differential of any rotation player on the Warriors during the playoffs. Only Draymond Green's plus-11.2 points differential is better than Iguodala's plus-5.9 points mark. 

No Iggy meant playing guys like West/Looney more. Forget the fact that Harden/CP3 couldn't do anything against him in isolation situations, dude is just clutch. Look what he did down the stretch vs the Cavs in game 3 on both ends. Does it end in 5? No idea, but doubt the Rockets are up 3-2 either. 

Besides all that, we were a 65 win team last year, is Ariza worth 5-7 games????? Because we 16 games out of being the 3 seed. 

I am not sure if we can beat the warriors or not, but if the warriors really are going to play Cousins, then we can afford to play with 1 fewer wing defender. I dont think Ennis is so much worse than Ariza that we are going lose a ton of games over it. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So the Raptors are now co-favorites to have Kawhi in 2019? Interesting. What would they be willing to give up? And any chance Kawhi re-signs with Toronto? 

Interesting. I’m gonna say there is a 90% chance he is NOT traded to Toronto because I just don’t see them making that move with so much uncertainty. 

If it does happen and assuming the trade is one of Kyle or DD and likely DD as he makes a bit more sense for them plus OG and maybe something else would sorta be the only deal they can make and if that does happen Toronto does have a chance to make the finals in theory so maybe if he likes it in Toronto and we immediately replace all the Norm Powell commercials (yep that’s right) with him and show him all the love in the world there is a 50/50 chance he resigns. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
And any chance Kawhi re-signs with Toronto? 

No. It sounds to me like Kawai wants to play for a big market team, not the freaking TORONTO Raptors.

And if the Raptors trade one of their two "stars" (Lowry, DeRozan) which they'd have to do, they're not going to be that much better. They are still, at best, the 3rd best team in the Eastern Conference. So not having a chance to compete for a championship in a dead market on a team outside of the country? Yeah, I have a very hard time believing Kawai would be down to stay in Toronto, especially given how diva-esque he's been acting as of late.

Archived