2018 NBA Random Offseason Discussion

CWood21

57 minutes ago, Danger said:

Toronto women are literally no different than women in most other parts of the Northern North America...

Toronto is considered the most, or at least one of the most, diverse cities in the world. Half the population wasn't even born in the country and over 230 nationalities. I doubt that is no different than most other parts in the North of North America.

not that this is an important matter lol

14 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Toronto is considered the most, or at least one of the most, diverse cities in the world. Half the population wasn't even born in the country and over 230 nationalities. I doubt that is no different than most other parts in the North of North America.

not that this is an important matter lol

Yep. The diversity of the city is what it makes it dope. Bunch of people that migrated to the city from all parts of the world. Just a cool city overall. Kawhi being a LA/SD/SA kid will not like the winters though lol.

Derozan deleted all Toronto Raptors references on his social media accounts according to Rachel Nichols. 

It's going down!!!!!

3 hours ago, Danger said:

If they get Kawhi, I think they're better than the Sixers next season, but the Sixers have the space to bring in the likes of someone like Jimmy Butler or Klay Thompson next off-season.

You don't want Jimmy Butler.  He will ruin your locker room.  

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep. The diversity of the city is what it makes it dope. Bunch of people that migrated to the city from all parts of the world. Just a cool city overall. Kawhi being a LA/SD/SA kid will not like the winters though lol.

Derozan deleted all Toronto Raptors references on his social media accounts according to Rachel Nichols. 

It's going down!!!!!

That's interesting.  I don't see Kawhi Leonard re-signing with the Raptors and they're not even a top two team in a very weak conference.

59 minutes ago, showtime said:

That's interesting.  I don't see Kawhi Leonard re-signing with the Raptors and they're not even a top two team in a very weak conference.

Might as well give it a shot if you're Toronto.  They're completely stuck and probably want to get rid of DeRozan at this point.  Swing for the fences and see if you get lucky with Kawhi.  If not then at least you get out of DeRozan's contract and can rebuild.

34 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Might as well give it a shot if you're Toronto.  They're completely stuck and probably want to get rid of DeRozan at this point.  Swing for the fences and see if you get lucky with Kawhi.  If not then at least you get out of DeRozan's contract and can rebuild.

The Spurs seem to want some pretty outrageous packages from both the Sixers and the Lakers.  What could the Raptors give the Spurs that would be enticing?  You're right about the Raptors giving it a shot.  I just don't get why the Spurs would want DeRozan.  He's a good player, but there's no way I would want him.

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

That's my thought process as well.   Toronto is pretty damn tapped out in terms of financial flexibility, they lack any real young assets to play with, and their picks aren't going to be very high.

5 hours ago, showtime said:

The Spurs seem to want some pretty outrageous packages from both the Sixers and the Lakers.  What could the Raptors give the Spurs that would be enticing?  You're right about the Raptors giving it a shot.  I just don't get why the Spurs would want DeRozan.  He's a good player, but there's no way I would want him.

I wouldn't want him either, but it depends on what the Spurs want from a Leonard trade. If they are dead set on winning as many games as possible over the next 2 years (rumored to be Pop's last 2) then going for a current star makes sense. They could probably get OG (as well as a 1st, though it'd be late) in a trade as well.

11 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

You would be losing one of Derozan, Valanciunas, or Lowry. Plus some other pieces.

How is that team going to beat Boston or Philly?

Look if it is Derozan and it’s looking like if it happens it may be for him, OG another player (hopefully not Pascal) and/or picks is the package in question in all honesty losing DD and adding Kawhi is such a huge upgrade. Derozan is a very good player but a flawed star and Kawhi is a superstar I really don’t see it being that big of a deal we have a lot of “solid” players to fill the void and could still make an addition. 

I’m gonna go on the record and say I don’t think he is going to be traded to Toronto. I just want that noted for the record. 

Part of your post was at best and that would imply that you have Toronto has a worse than 3rd best team in the east which isn’t something I am considering this season even without a deal I still believe we are 3rd best in the east AT WORST. 

Boston would still be the favourite however in a series against Boston the Raptors would have the best player if healthy and the best player usually has a shot to win that series or at least make it competitive (ie. Giannis taking Boston to 7). 

Personally I think Toronto and Philly are on about the same level now so yes I think this trade would make Toronto better than Philly. My opinion.

Well, Pop is going to retire after two years and Derozan will be a FA when that happens. Aldridge only has a partial agreement after 19-20, so all three would be aligned together until they develop either a young star or start their rebuid. But Pop for sure isn't going to want a rebuild or just have a decent team. Getting Derozan/OG allows them to become some what of a factor. Derozan played bad against the Cavs, but he has been ballin the last two years. He had his best playmaking season and gives the Spurs two legit scorers. 

Love it, was hoping a team like the Raptors would swoop in and snag Kawhi. 

Archived